Manchester City

2021/22 CHAMPIONS: LIVERPOOL

---

FOOTBALL LEAGUE TROPHY

Current Holders:
Sunderland

2021/22 CHAMPIONS: ROTHERHAM UNITED

Last edited:
The only thing left to be decided is the Conference play-off and who joins Sutton in promotion into the Football League but it's the right time to start talking about next season.

The only thing left to be decided is the Conference play-off and who joins Sutton in promotion into the Football League but it's the right time to start talking about next season.
Can we talk about how we got relegated twice too? I know we were **** but not THAT ****.

Can we talk about how we got relegated twice too? I know we were **** but not THAT ****.

Amended.

It's not my fault I had to type Sheffield ______ quite a few times for this year's opening post. :P

Amended.

It's not my fault I had to type Sheffield ______ quite a few times for this year's opening post. :P
It's actually a double record too. Never before have both clubs been relegated in the same season - and we both did it by finishing bottom of our leagues.

Admittedly ours was 100% because the EFL wanted us relegated for some reason and penalised us 12 points (then six) for doing a thing they said we could do, and theirs was because they were absolute cack, but it's still a pair of firsts.

The six PL teams who tried to join the Super League have been fined a laughable £20 million between them making it around £3.36 million each, should have been at least £20 million each IMO, there is also a suspended 30 point deduction each if they try to do it again.

In transfer news, Aguero has left Man City and joined Barcelona, Gini Wijnaldum was set to join Barca but will now join PSG and PSG will sign Donarumma as well, Aston Villa have broken their transfer record to sign Emi Buendia from Norwich for around £30 million, he was fantastic for Norwich in the Championship last season and is another great addition to Villa's attack, pretty big statement signing for them.

Sergio Ramos leaving Real Madrid after 16 years, the club announced it and press conference is set for later today.

Aston Villa have had a bid rejected for Arsenal's Smith Rowe of £25 million, Arsenal also have been linked with James Maddison.

Meanwhile, in case you were not aware, United are close to signing Sancho, just as close as thery have been since the start of the window, and just as close as they were last summer. Why we can't just do a deal is beyond me. Not that I think Sancho is the signing we need, but we're clearly after him anyway, so go and do it.

United are also keen to take Verane, though Ramos leaving Madrid could impact that. PSG also want Varane,but if either United or PSG decide to snap up Ramos instead it could increase the chances of the other getting Varane.

And in Serie A, Gattuso is leaving Fiorentina after just being appointed as managed 21 days ago.

Spurs cant seem to get anything right sometimes can they?

A little update on how the managerial situation is going there, they tried to get Poch back and it was always unlikely to happen so they moved on to Conte and they couldn't agree with him on things such as wages and the direction the club want to go so talks between them broke down, they then moved on to Fonseca and nearly got him, contract was signed but it talks broke down again for financial reasons (something to do with tax) and recruitment of backroom staff.

so now fourth time lucky they have moved on to Gattuso who has left Fiorentina after 23 days and wasn't officially to to take over there until July 1st, he was in dispute over which players to sign, Gattuso wanted to sign some players that his agent Jorge Mendes represents but Fiorentina wanted cheaper options

Spurs' new managing director Fabio Paratici is a big fan of Gattuso and it now looks likely that Spurs will finally have a manager!

The football league is finally complete after a crazy playoff final with Torquay’s goalkeeper scoring a 95th minute equaliser. This sent the game to extra time then penalties with the first 4 penalties being missed. The penalty that finished the shootout being tipped onto the crossbar and down back onto pitch. My team are finally back in the football league

And which team was that?
Hartlepool beat Torquay in the Vanarama National play off final, They won on penalties after a 1-1 after extra time, The Torquay goalkeeper scored the equalising goal in the 95th minute!

95th minute equaliser from the goalkeeper and you still lose. Harsh for Torquay.

Not only that the first four penalties in the shootout were missed!

A bit under the radar this one, but the EFL has published two different fixture lists for the Championship and for League One this season.

That's because Derby County have been found guilty by an independent panel of yet more book fiddling. While unpunished for selling their stadium for a grossly inflated value, they've now been fined £100k for the practice of "amortisation" - basically spreading out the cost of buying players across the terms of their contracts rather than including the cost in the accounts for the year they've bought the player.

Derby had already been cleared of wrongdoing, but the EFL appealed to an independent panel and won this part of the case.

The panel has ordered Derby to resubmit its accounts for the years ending 2016, 2017, and 2018.

As a consequence, the EFL might punish Derby further, including points deductions, which would - if applied to the year just gone (which doesn't end until July 1) - relegate them instead of Wycombe. So the EFL has published two fixture lists for the two divisions to allow for either possibility, with Wycombe and Derby swapping places.

Apparently Middlesbrough are also unhappy, because Derby beat them to a play-off spot by a single point in 2019, off the back of three years of FFP breaches hidden by amortisation...

Arsenal in advanced talks with Brighton for defender Ben White, fee is around £50 million!

UEFA to abolish the away goals rule in its competitions from this coming season.

Last edited:
Arsenal in advanced talks with Brighton for defender Ben White, fee is around £50 million!

UEFA to abolish the offside rule in its competitions from this coming season.
I think you mean away goals rule, not offside. That's an even bigger change.

Lol Why the **** did I say offside! 😄

Yeah it is the away goals rule and it is a big change, its was no surprise to me as it seemed a bit out-dated.

Changed my post.

I'll take "Things that wouldn't have made sense to anyone anywhere two years ago please, Levar":

1625061433215.png

Well... I mean, at least it isn't another sodding gambling company.

Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is the new Everton manager on a three year deal, it is understandably quite a controversial move and has divided Everton fans, I'm not sure this is right for him.

Nuno Espirito Santo set to be named new Spurs boss, we have been here before with Spurs in the last couple of months though.

Jadon Sancho is finally as good as a United player, full agreement between the clubs and the player, a 2here we go" from Romano, it's only a year late.

Medical and contract to be signed, presumably after the Euros.

Hopefully we can move on with the other positons we need to strengthen, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt, a right winger wasn't the most important position to strengthen for me.

Very happy that Sancho is almost complete, our attack is going to be pretty stacked now, hopefully we can finally move on to other targets after this.

Santo is new Spurs boss on a two year deal, Marco Silva set to take over at Fulham after Scott Parker left to join Bournemouth.

Wrexham have announced Phil Parkinson as new manager too, he is an experienced Football League manager winning three promotions, Former clubs include Sunderland and Bolton.

Sergio Ramos looks set to join PSG on a two-year deal, they have done some big business so far and Ramos will be their third free transfer following Donnarumma and Wijnaldum, they are also signing Hakimi for £60 million.

Man United's long winding transfer of Jadon Sancho is nearly finally done, both clubs have agreed a deal set to be around £73 million and Sancho just needs to pass a medical and the deal will be concluded after the Euros.

A bit under the radar this one, but the EFL has published two different fixture lists for the Championship and for League One this season.

That's because Derby County have been found guilty by an independent panel of yet more book fiddling. While unpunished for selling their stadium for a grossly inflated value, they've now been fined £100k for the practice of "amortisation" - basically spreading out the cost of buying players across the terms of their contracts rather than including the cost in the accounts for the year they've bought the player.

Derby had already been cleared of wrongdoing, but the EFL appealed to an independent panel and won this part of the case.

The panel has ordered Derby to resubmit its accounts for the years ending 2016, 2017, and 2018.

As a consequence, the EFL might punish Derby further, including points deductions, which would - if applied to the year just gone (which doesn't end until July 1) - relegate them instead of Wycombe. So the EFL has published two fixture lists for the two divisions to allow for either possibility, with Wycombe and Derby swapping places.

Apparently Middlesbrough are also unhappy, because Derby beat them to a play-off spot by a single point in 2019, off the back of three years of FFP breaches hidden by amortisation...
Derby not being relegated for last season, though their new accounts might very much attract an FFP penalty for this coming season...

English Football clubs will be allowed to have full capacity crowds at their stadiums from July 19th, it means a return to full stadiums for this upcoming season for the Premier League and Football league.

We don't know about Wales and Scotland yet, Wales are reviewing their restrictions next week and Scotland currently plan to ease theirs on August 9th.

Back