Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
My thoughts exactly.

LMP2 won't improve either. Sadly...

... and the server on the FIAWEC website is down...
It works "fine" for me (in France), but overall I found that the quality has dropped compared to what it was back in the early days of the WEC. And it was free. Free Practices aren't even broadcasted.

Watching the Hyperpole was an awful experience.
Gutted to find out that Eurosport has been chopped from my TV service...
I hate that channel, too many ads. They are even cutting their commentators for it. Pretty low end service imo considering it's a paid channel.

Yeh, Eurosport was quite annoying - most of their ad breaks seemed to be taken up with segments about their own channel, and I always thought why? I have the bloody channel already!

The FIA WEC website did finally work for me, so I paid for the pass for the day 10 Euro is not too bad, but still a bit annoying!

Yeh, Eurosport was quite annoying - most of their ad breaks seemed to be taken up with segments about their own channel, and I always thought why? I have the bloody channel already!

The FIA WEC website did finally work for me, so I paid for the pass for the day 10 Euro is not too bad, but still a bit annoying!
Hope we have a nice time watching the race! :cheers:

I use the Eurosport player. No adds. £6.99 for one month

Is anyone using the Le Mans app or the FIA WEC website??

I know the race hasn't started yet, but I can't connect using the app (it doesn't recognise my account) and there's currently nothing streaming on the FIA WEC website either...

edit: 5 attempts later and I'm now logged in :irked: ... although...

8147F1B1-E707-420A-BD04-A9459D0F724B.jpeg

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Last edited:
I'm logged on on the WEC app but only getting a busy wheel at the moment.

Incidentally anyone can use the App for timing and scoring plus audio from the race.

Radio Le Mans YouTube stream is live

Plus there looks to be live streams from onboard the two Toyota GR010's.

Last edited:
Build up and first 2 hours of the race (but that's all :( ...) are on Freeview channel 12 (Quest) from 2 pm

I have more faith that we will actually see the byKolles/Vanwall car than that one. At least with Kolles you have a history of them actually showing up.

Hopefully we do see both on the grid though as it would be nice to see a battle at the back of the grid rather than one team just running laps.

The Cadillac is how I was hoping these new cars would look. The others do not look much different than what's been racing for the last decade, which I'm not a big fan of those looks .

Yeah, excited to finally see the Peugeot 9X8 in action. It's arguably the most beautiful of all Hypercars; hope it performs as well as it looks.

Wish they hadn’t blurred out the steering wheel in the in-car camera though.

Gaps in this morning session were quite close:

#8 - 1'37'692
#93 - 1'37'775
#708 - 1'37'961
#94 - 1'38'061
#36 - 1'38'082
#7 - 1'38'116

Back