Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
Every time I see that Pug I think a car has just spun off into the tires and returned to the track without its bodywork.

The lighting on that Peugeot will look so cool at night.

Edit: That is if they can keep them running more than 25 minutes at a time.

Last edited:
One hour down and five to go. Looking good for Glick.

Both Peugeots onboard is on YouTube for the full race.

Last edited:
Massive crash for TF sport Aston Martin. Driver is ok. Sausage kurbs again.

Safety car out and a penalty for the Glick will cost it the lead.

Last edited:
Engine failure for the Glick. Shame. It would have been a great win for them. Toyota vs Alpine for the lead.

Last edited:
A drive through for using your car as a weapon. That is lose licence territory.

Great race though.

Last edited:
Finally, a great race to watch! What a beautiful reward for Alpine and Corvette after the LM disaster. Saddened for the Scuderia Glickenhaus though, and a little bit concerned by sausages...
Peugeot have pace, they just need to make their car reliable.

Peugeot have pace, they just need to make their car reliable.
They didn't, but it will come. The car looks fantastically futuristic, albeit also incredible peculiar without a rear wing.
I don't think anyone expected anything from Peugeot, but running with the big lads in these events is the best possible preparation and evolution of their programme.

I'm happy to see GTE Pro disappear in the near future, the class is an utter waste of space with only 5 cars.

Last edited:
They didn't, but it will come. The car looks fantastically futuristic, albeit also incredible peculiar without a rear wing.
I don't think anyone expected anything from Peugeot, but running with the big lads in these events is the best possible preparation and evolution of their programme.

I'm happy to see GTE Pro disappear in the near future, the class is an utter waste of space with only 5 cars.
Even though it is usually the best race?

It was doomed by the existence of Hypercar.

Last edited:
Watching the FCP Euro Northeast GP in the IMSA WSCC I cannot believe the DPI's just have two more races in the season and we will be saying goodbye to it and hello to the GTP/LMDh cars. IMSA Fastlane Sportscar Weekend at Road America is the one and only race to go before Motul Petit Le Mans as the Michelin GT Challenge is, like the Northeast GP, for the GT's.

Yet it will feel like a rejuvination of the current era with Wayne Taylor and Meyer Shank both continuing to run the Acura and I hope Whelen Engineering Racing and Chip Gnassi will run the Cadillac LMDh. Nothing will change there but yet another huge US team Penske will be entering running the Porsche. I don't know who will be running the BMW's but I would like to it be a new team.

I cannot wait.

BMW looks great, but I don’t care for that livery
Who cares? We are at the start of a new era in Sportscar racing. Looks is the least important concern right now.

F1 may trumpet a new car but I am sorry, call it a long handled digging implement all you like, it is still a spade. The only thing that has changed (and slightly) is the design of each of the component parts of the car like the side pods and front wing. It still looks like a typical F1 car as we would imagine the look to be. Hypercar is a complete move away from DPI or LMP1.

Speaking of which. If it’s an LMDh/GTP but can compete in the WEC does that mean LMH and GTP/LMDh are interchangeable with the WEC and IMSA WetherTech Sportscar Championship?

If liveries don’t matter why make one:confused:
Tell me you were joking. Please. Clearly you have to have one! But I’m not saying liveries are not important. I’m saying it is less important than the fact Endurance racing is on the cusp of something incredible which we ought to spend more time talking about.

The LMDh and LMH hs totally revolutionised sportscar racing by uniting and restoring back to their good old days two old legendary series (The US scene and it’s European counterpart) and we have people talking about whether theirs too much blue in a livery.

Looks aside I'm thrilled we finally have a top class where the cars look different beyond some minor details. Hopefully they can find a way to keep the manufacturers and teams interested long term like the SRO has been able to do with GT3 and GT4.

Even though it is usually the best race?

It was doomed by the existence of Hypercar.
It only is incase of a big field. A field of 5 cars hardly is anything interesting.
Maybe GTE ought to cease to exist entirely, and the GT3 class should be introduced into WEC. GT3 fields are enormous and the battles are top-notch, by far my favourite branch of motorsport right now.

Was wondering where Peugeot got there design ideas for there 9X8 from . I think I have found it .

8ojZFso.png

Back