2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Hi all, :gtplanet:

Im sure that there was allready this question somewhere, so sorry for duplicate, but Im new to this FIA series...

Im going to participate today, there are 5 entry slots for today races Round1 (Manu, Gr3, Catalunya)
Only one (best) result counts for this Round or how is it?
Lets say I manage to get 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th.
Will It take my best score or my latest score to count?

I couldnt figure it out on gtsport web, I understand that best Round from three Rounds count towards the final score, but what about the individual entries.
no not the best. It only count the last race you participate for the round. lets say you did race 1 and wins. you decide to go again than you forfeit race 1 result and if you get a DNF in the next race it gonna count that result.
that's the gist of it

I have been with BMW since the FIA series began but I felt a new Manufacturer was in order this year. Both Gr3 and Gr4 WRX's suit my driving style and couldn't be more different to the M6 and M4 in terms of power delivery. Already had some success in the WRX's so I hope this continues. Looking forward to all Manufacturer and Nation's Cup rounds but I missed registration for the Toyota GR Cup. Good luck all.
20210419214439.jpg
20210419214459.jpg
20210419214513.jpg
20210419214527.jpg

Hi all, :gtplanet:

Im sure that there was allready this question somewhere, so sorry for duplicate, but Im new to this FIA series...

Im going to participate today, there are 5 entry slots for today races Round1 (Manu, Gr3, Catalunya)
Only one (best) result counts for this Round or how is it?
Lets say I manage to get 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th.
Will It take my best score or my latest score to count?

I couldnt figure it out on gtsport web, I understand that best Round from three Rounds count towards the final score, but what about the individual entries.

No, only last result counts, whether good or bad...

Going with Alfa this season. For 2 reasons:
- It's the only Gr.3 car that can compete with RXV in terms of tyre conservation. Unfortunately it's quite understeery and doesn't really match my driving style, but that's part of the fun of Manu, so you can diversify your skills ;) It lacks top end compared to RXV but better off corner acceleration, so I'm hoping it will even out.
- To prove Tidgney wrong saying it's a plebian Manu in his tier list :lol:

Anyway, went with a no stop for the Barcelona race. Went from 13th to 9th (was running as high as 6th at one point). Short shift around half rev bar, and switching to FM6 on the end of straights, and FM2 for the twisty bits. My left side tyres were down to 50% by the end, but the right side were still very good <20% wear. Understeer starts to get really bad in the last 3 laps but not undrivable.

Winner is in a Beetle (no stop) - he qualified on pole 1 second faster than everyone else so probably sandbagging DR. He spun on lap 1 and was behind me, but managed to recover all the way up, should be in the next split really :rolleyes:
Second is in RXV (no stop, as expected) - started 7th or 8th so just shows you how OP this car is.
Everyone else pretty much 1 stopped and stayed where they are. It's a safe strategy but you won't gain much with it.
A Huracan (brave soul) tried no stop and was running as high as 3rd from starting 10th but the 1 stoppers has no patience and pretty much just pushed him aside every corner. I think he dropped to 6th in the end. Poor guy after all that effort :lol:

Wow, that was a terrible combo. The Vantage wasn’t quick around the track to start with. I could only get 10 laps out of a tank and I could only wring 6 laps out of the softs and 9 laps out of the hards. In the end I tried an 11h6s strategy with some fuel and tyre conservation. Big mistake. I was on ice for the last 2 laps on hards and then hit the pit wall on entry. Finished DFL 49pts. Horrible race. I really dislike this track. Onward to the better races!

Wow, that was a terrible combo. The Vantage wasn’t quick around the track to start with. I could only get 10 laps out of a tank and I could only wring 6 laps out of the softs and 9 laps out of the hards. In the end I tried an 11h6s strategy with some fuel and tyre conservation. Big mistake. I was on ice for the last 2 laps on hards and then hit the pit wall on entry. Finished DFL 49pts. Horrible race. I really dislike this track. Onward to the better races!

6 laps on Softs sounds like a dream. I found that by the end of the second flying lap in Qualifying, I was on egg shells with the Lancer. Very quickly decided that I wouldn't risk that in the race, so opted for a strategy starting on Mediums and finishing on Hards. Managed 8 laps on the Mediums and was running as high as 3rd on merit during that stint.

Pitted, resumed in 13th, made it back to as high as 4th, but then slipped back to 10th by the end due to others strategies and the absurd track limits through the final chicane I mean you already lose almost a second running wide on the right hand entry, don't gain any places and still get slapped with a penalty for track limits.

Still 10th place after starting 7th, isn't the worst result in the world considering that the Lancer really does need a power increase to keep up with most of the Gr.3 field (couldn't even stay with the GT-R in their slipstream down the front straight) and had some great battles throughout the race in from my view at least was a very clean field of drivers (a couple of bumps here and there, but nothing deliberate or dirty).

And overall I was happy with my race considering tyre saving is not something I even bother with. I just drive at 10 tenths of whatever the car can give me in the moment.

On a side note though. The Vision GT Mazda really needs to be dialled back a long way as either the guy who won my groupings race was well down on his DR rating than normal as in race trim he was almost a second quicker than anyone else that ran Softs during the race, and managed to recover from a spin at Turn 5 on the opening lap to win easily.

With very tightly clenched buttocks. That practice lobby we were just in is the first time I've tried going 10H/7S instead of the 8M/9H I'd tried previously, and oh good god trying to stop the Citroen's back end from stepping out was a nightmare past lap 4. :scared:
I binned it myself on the hards and things just got worse from there. The entire 3rd sector of this track always just feels like there's no grip at all, it's horrible.

Even if I wanted to enter tonight’s round in the Manufacturers Series, there’s a chance of lightning forecast around that same time for my area, so I’m not gonna risk it. Might see you all next Wednesday in round 2, instead...

Last edited:
I binned it myself on the hards and things just got worse from there. The entire 3rd sector of this track always just feels like there's no grip at all, it's horrible.
3rd sector really exposes the GT-R's weaknesses. I don't have the consistency there and so I may just do the last two slots.
Tyre saving!

I can *do* 6 laps without tyre saving but the last one ain't fun. With saving I can do 7 without fearing for my life.
I can do 7~8. Cannot run any rear bias at all and have to be careful with the rears early in the stint. I actually tried 10 but the time loss is too much compared to the hards.

Manufacturers - Catalunya Gr.3

For the 2021 FIA Manufacturer Series, the manufacturer I signed for is....

Citroen!

6998696086396241412_0.jpg

Yeah, well, that's not really a surprise. I really liked how both cars performed (besides the Gr.3's heavy rear tyre degradation even with BB -5), so I re-signed with Citroen.

v9l6q6k.jpg

Strategy: 10H-7S, BB -5

Qualifying was so-so. I thought I had put in a decent time, but it was only good for 12th.

Despite the rolling start, there was drama as the Joker in a Jaguar shoved off a Corvette into the gravel at Seat (Turn 5) before fighting with a Gulf Aston for the rest of lap 1. The fighting allowed the midfield pack, including the Corvette and myself, to catch up as the Gulf Aston and a McLaren get ahead of the Joker out of the final corner.

On lap 2, the Corvette retaliated against the Joker by shoving him out of Renault (Turn 3). The enraged Joker responds by attempting to torpedo the Corvette into Repsol (Turn 4), but the Corvette avoided the brunt of the attack while the Joker plowed into the gravel and sent himself to the back. The Corvette got a 3 second penalty for being rammed (because the penalty system is an idiot), but the Joker definitely came off worse in the altercation. (The Joker finished 19th)

Video of the Joker self-destructing:

After the opening drama, I hunkered down to put in some conservative laps on the Hards, before boxing on lap 10 for Softs and fuel. I was looking at 5th during the second stint, but my rear Softs completely gave up the ghost on the final lap and I dropped two places to finish 7th for 127 points. I probably should have done another lap on the Hards in hindsight, but a top 10 finish in Manufacturers is a good enough result for me. One and done.

vzkKOgW.jpg
fCVaDO9.jpg
tMENvjg.jpg
meus14O.jpg
ZdE0VyV.jpg
B64lxMU.jpg

vWmlvJJ.jpg

Ob2k7Hx.jpg

Race got won by a smurf I've encountered before - 28 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

My race got ruined by a Brazilian in a Supra who I was battling with pre-pit but managed to survive his attempts to drive like I wasn't there. When I pitted I came out right behind a Citroen who finished 6th, but the Brazilian spun and I collected him on my outlap because he unghosted when he went back on to the track at 20mph. What's the point?

Race got won by a smurf I've encountered before - 28 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

My race got ruined by a Brazilian in a Supra who I was battling with pre-pit but managed to survive his attempts to drive like I wasn't there. When I pitted I came out right behind a Citroen who finished 6th, but the Brazilian spun and I collected him on my outlap because he unghosted when he went back on to the track at 20mph. What's the point?

How're you getting Brazilians in an EMEA race?

One and done for me tonight.

Halfway round my quali outlap realised I'd neglected to change onto the softs :dunce:, pitted for some tires that may actually help and got to the line with 6 seconds left of the session. some deep breaths and I managed to put it on the front row!

Decided strategy would be 6 S/11 H. Got past the pole sitter on corner 3 (I think he started on hards) and was looking good until I got punted into a spin on the hairpin. Recovered to 14th, now thinking my entire strategy was absolutely horlicksed. Some fairly tight racing with those around me but managed to look after my tires OK, to the point where I was in clear air at the end of lap 6 so extended my soft stint by a lap. came in on lap 7 for hards and fuel, came out 12th but a peugeot had the run into corner 1. After profiting from other's mistakes and a really good back and forth battle with an Italian in a Merc (after I had initially overshot the hairpin, nearly span them off and gave them the place back) I was in 6th place. 2 laps to go I was absolutely destroyed by an Alfa (who I'm definitely telling myself was on fresh softs!) and dropped to an easy seventh. nursed it home (eighth was a good 8 seconds back) and took sixth on the line as the Alfa had stopped (I'm assuming he was going again). And then I forgot to save the replay so no race pictures :boggled:

48 points, I'm going to check but I think that is my best (I've not completed in FIA when ranked B before).

So yeah, eventful.

Good luck everyone!

You can make PSN accounts under any country, and you play games in whatever region that country goes with. Portuguese flag, BR at the end of the username, 1 bar connection throughout the race, driving like a lunatic. Pretty easy to spot.

Ah okay makes sense. Yeah drivers from different regions are easy to spot, but you were so specific with the Brazilian part haha. Makes sense with the BR suffix.

Last edited:
My lack of confidence in MR cars definitely got exposed today, yikes. I was in the same lobby as @stpatty and that was not a pleasant race at all.

Besides the smurf being very frustrating to see, the Brazilian mentioned above also indirectly wrecked my race as well. I started P6, the Brazilian in P3. He went for a very aggressive divebomb into turn 1 which failed and left him very deep, so when he rejoined the track the Lexus that started P5 had to go VERY slow through turn 2, backing everyone up and pushing me onto the kerb as I went to avoid contact. With cold Hards I had hell trying to keep the back end in line whilst getting off the kerbs and wound up 3-wide through turn 3 on lap 1. I just got battered about trying to survive over and over because I couldn't warm the tyres enough and the back end felt like it was constantly about to give. Trying to avoid another Citroen who got up my inside at turn 7 meant I went wide and picked up a track limits penalty which acted as the finishing blow as I dropped all the way down to P16.

I eventually recovered to P9 (132 points) going 10H/7S, but that was a very rough 31 minutes. Here's hoping the rest of the season won't involve babysitting the tyres like this, because I'm going to severely struggle keeping the Citroen Gr.3 in line if it does.

Last edited:
Back