2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Can't argue with the view

FCKwKZXWYAUEUEK.jpg

1st attempt started 12th, finished 16th or de facto last given some DNF's, got pushed from behind in COD, hitting the wall and spinning out but to be honest I was a bit hesitant with it so can't blame the guy behind, couldn't find the line through in the Chevy and was braking into the exit. Not good, lots learned.

2nd attempt was faster in qualy but started in 14th, finished 10th and pretty happy with a solid drive. Bit of a sloppy start trying to make up places knocked me into the gravel at that top of a crest right hander before heading down to the esses. I could go again but I think I'm going to settle for that. Love the track but I'm just not naturally fast on it and it could have gone a lot worse when racing in the pack so, onwards and upwards from here.

Well, first attempt at the FIA in the Viper done and dusted. I went into the race worried about getting through COD cleanly as I had been struggling to find the rhythm in free practice. Fortunately I had a decent qually and kept it clean, although I was a bit slow through the COD on each on my flying laps. Ended up Q7 with a 1:37.7XX. Door number 2, I might add...

I decided to run 7S/8M, being in the top half of the field. And boy did that fuel load make a difference! So heavy!! I struggled to keep the pace on laps 5 through 7, and managed to kiss the wall at COD on lap 5 which wasn't fun or pretty! Annoyingly, a clown in a Hyundai punted me into the sand at turn 4 on lap 4, which set me back 3 places and led to the incident at COD next lap.

I nursed it home on worn mediums in 7th place, just behind a Lexus who had door number 1.

One and done. Back on dad duty now.

7431015264492224532_0.jpg

EDIT: This result netted me 59 points and put me in 60th for Dodge in EMEA. There's clearly quite a small participation for Dodge - they're ranked 20th in the table last time I checked.

Last edited:
Went in with about 10 mins of practice and was put into a lobby with quite a few familiar faces.
Had a clean quali lap though it was nothing special and that put me P12.
My main target for the race was to just survive so I did play it safe for a lot of it and it did work out. Had a nice battle to finish off (though I probably should've been more aggressive and got the move done earlier)
In the end P8, not a bad result and had a fun race so no complaints from me.

Race Replay

17c9f76ec3223-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_418499269809683_1634762772694.jpg
17c9f770c4095-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_418499271546838_1634762779479.jpg
17c9f7726cf40-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_418499281756849_1634762819362.jpg

Had a break from the game over the summer originally intending to wait for GT7. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and GT7 is still too far away so here's to one last winter of FIA races.

I picked Jaguar thanks to the discussion on here, DL some nice looking liveries (including the gorgeous purple Silk Cut ones in the pics earlier in the thread) and jumped into the second slot.

Qualified 6th, dropped to 9th after a couple of off's early on but found my consistency and finished 4th after doing 7M/8S.

Really impressed with the standard of racing tonight, lots of clean battles and only a couple of rammers I've encountered.

Well done fellow B's we're earning that S SR lads! :lol:
Ran 2 OZ, main and alt in Euroland and only met 1 dirty driver, just a pity I suck at DTS.

So main in the Viper I did OK, but I made a slight mistake and so did the guy in front I ended up punting him and although it was more of aa racing incident I slowed to give the place back. This meant I finished 17th rather than maybe as high as 12th (but we'll never really know) didn't want another go as I don't do well here even though I do like it....I'm better in GR2 here.

Decided to run a MR car on my alt, more for learning than anything else, so wheel of doom gave me Ferrari. Well this sucked, it's fine on fresh tyres but the back steps out as soon as red starts showing. I managed to beat a Lambo, but had to pit twice to be able to drive. Think I've made a good choice though as if I practice to get a grip of these a bit hopefully I'll learn a lot.

Even though I’ve been putting in a lot of work work with the GR. 3 Ferrari, I knew it would be a long day for me. First 2 races were utter disasters. As soon as my tires wore a little, it was spin city. Ended up in the back. Brutal

C9CB3E57-387C-484A-B765-3D2BE06DCB40.jpeg

Third euro slot was more of the same. Except with a better qually time and a much worse result. Dead last!!

DDA6ADFC-E230-4F5F-8A31-34A20C2E3308.jpeg

I did some chores around the house, watched @Tidgney stream. Saw that he picked Ferrari!! Nice!!! Saw how he took corners which consisted mainly of downshifting slowly in a straight line, babying the car into the corner with a little trail braking, and avoiding second gear. I decided to take a play from his book, and it worked somewhat. I only self-destructed the last 2 laps! Ended up 10th I think. Snapped a photo of the result with my cellular device, but I must’ve timed it perfectly cause this is what I got

C89C36D9-8A27-4992-95AC-EBDEBC7CB0CF.jpeg

I picked Ferrari mainly because I do really well with the Gr. 4 car, but man….this Gr3 car is brutal once the tires start to wear down even a little bit!!

might log onto the main acct for some NA action later. I know I’ll fare much better in the WRX

Last edited:
I picked Jaguar thanks to the discussion on here, DL some nice looking liveries (including the gorgeous purple Silk Cut ones in the pics earlier in the thread) and jumped into the second slot.
Thanks! Those were mine and I don't think you downloaded them because I haven't shared them. But I can de-personalise them and share them if you'd like to use them - just let me know!

1st attempt: Qualified p13. I raced with an Audi on my first hotlap: I took some space on my outlap but I came on his tail in few corners. On my second hotlap I crashed and you know where. The race was an absolute mayhem. I was battling with so many cars and they started to spawn out of nowhere. I was fightning with an Audi and a Jaguar, and then randomly it appeared a Porsche. I was like wtf. Anyway I managed to finish p7. I missed these races, I loved it

2nd attempt: Qualified P5. I started the race with mediums. I stayed behind the group ahead until I crashed on the (in)famous COD. Few laps later I spun as you can see in the image. Somehow I finished 9th. That was disappointing as I had the chance to take a podium, the car was so good on this track. But fine.

Anyway I had on my first try the number '13' and on my second one I had the number '17' so let's say it was just bad luck
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20211021003007.jpg

First attempted, disconnected in lap 12 due to data loss. My internet is notoriously unstable between 7pm and 8pm, why do these start so late! 8:20 slot might go better, internet congestion should start to clear up after 8.

It was messy in the back anyway, lot of banging and accidental punting. Huge difference between worn mediums and fresh soft tires. Plus I wasn't the only laggy one in the race, 80% yellow bar connections.

After a good initial season with Jag, I jumped the ship to try something new, especially on Gr.4 part, with Subaru. First slot, door 16, Q6. Sadly I got in a fight with a Mercedes and this slowed me down enough to be far away the top 4, in the first half (said Mercedes spun off later). After the pit, I was fighting for the 4th but I made a mistake on CoD and lost 5s, two positions, back to p6. Recovered and finished p5, not far away from p3 and p3. Maybe a podium if I had a perfect race. 105 points in the bag for 1st round, not bad.

First sport mode race of any kind for me in a couple or more months went better than expected, and was surprisingly clean.

Stayed with Jag and will not run the full schedule. (Nord for sure). I love the Gr3/DTS combo too.

Americas slot 2, low A/S lobby, door 2.

My usually dismal qualy form hasn't left me as I lined up 17th, 1.3 sec off pole. Start in the final turn and almost loop it as we get the green, and down to 18th before the start line. Great.

Ran the 8M/7S strategy and it just all came my way as a few made some mistakes ahead, and I just had good pace. Clean and hard racing from what I saw (no moaning post-race and only one red letter), and by the pit stop I was 8th. The good pace continued and I was up to 5th with 2 to go. Had to do some serious defending on the final lap, but held on for a decent haul and a really fun experience!

132 points, +860 DR ~33.2K DR

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211020210159.jpg

20211020213832.jpg

Slot 1: Once again got paired with my usual racing partner @F1Bernardo, only for me to get disconnected in the warmup. Given how well he did, I'm very annoyed I couldn't partake in this race.

Slot 2:
This time I was in with @Jwptexas, who I haven't seen in quite a while in a race. Qualified 11th and last of the 4 Corvettes after a conservative lap just to make sure I set a "banker" time in case of you-know-the-corner. I went even quicker on the 2nd lap in spite of catching someone at the start of my 2nd lap (he'd been way in front of me, but wasted is first out lap on Mediums, so he pitted and came out of the pits a couple seconds in front of me and was too slow to pull away from me). Unfortunately I messed up the CoD and erased the time I'd gained in the first sector, so my 2nd lap ended up slower.

I finished 7th but could've had 5th if I didn't hit the inside wall at the exit of the CoD. I escaped without engine damage somehow, but the loss of momentum cost me 3 spots and at least 3 seconds. I was 8th starting the last lap when I got past a Citroen on the straight as they were struggling to keep pace on their worn Mediums. The Citroen sent it at T1 and almost ran both of us off track. The Citroen went defensive into the hairpin at the bottom of the hill at the end of Sector 2, so I just braked early and waited for him to inevitably overshoot and give me a chance to cut back. It worked like a charm and I nabbed 7th overall and 2nd among the Corvettes. It was worth 217 points, which I feel isn't quite enough given the pace I had, but I don't trust myself to get through the CoD 15 more times, so I guess I'll take it...

NA/CSA Slot 2, A/S Lobby, 210 points, Door #3

A qualifying lap that could have gotten me into the top 7 was utterly ruined when I crashed at the death chicane. So I started in 13th as a result. :ouch:

The race itself was pretty underwhelming. But what didn't help was twice bumping into the car ahead of me that scraped the wall exiting the death chicane, causing them to get a boost while I was slowed down significantly. Got to love Gran Turismo collision physics...

full

Mediocre start to this season for me, but we'll see what the future rounds bring.

Slot 1: Once again got paired with my usual racing partner @F1Bernardo, only for me to get disconnected in the warmup. Given how well he did, I'm very annoyed I couldn't partake in this race.

Slot 2: This time I was in with @Jwptexas, who I haven't seen in quite a while in a race. Qualified 11th and last of the 4 Corvettes after a conservative lap just to make sure I set a "banker" time in case of you-know-the-corner. I went even quicker on the 2nd lap in spite of catching someone at the start of my 2nd lap (he'd been way in front of me, but wasted is first out lap on Mediums, so he pitted and came out of the pits a couple seconds in front of me and was too slow to pull away from me). Unfortunately I messed up the CoD and erased the time I'd gained in the first sector, so my 2nd lap ended up slower.

I finished 7th but could've had 5th if I didn't hit the inside wall at the exit of the CoD. I escaped without engine damage somehow, but the loss of momentum cost me 3 spots and at least 3 seconds. I was 8th starting the last lap when I got past a Citroen on the straight as they were struggling to keep pace on their worn Mediums. The Citroen sent it at T1 and almost ran both of us off track. The Citroen went defensive into the hairpin at the bottom of the hill at the end of Sector 2, so I just braked early and waited for him to inevitably overshoot and give me a chance to cut back. It worked like a charm and I nabbed 7th overall and 2nd among the Corvettes. It was worth 217 points, which I feel isn't quite enough given the pace I had, but I don't trust myself to get through the CoD 15 more times, so I guess I'll take it...
Here's the replay of my last lap with the aforementioned Citroen...

One and done for me, I didn't want to risk losing my only recently gained A+ rating so decided to to this FIA season on my Alt Account (A rated 38k) - I qualified P7 and decided to start on the Medium tyre, I managed to keep up well with the cars in front who were mainly on Softs and was pleased to move up the the field as they all seemed to pit quite early.
Ended up on the Podium with 165 pts and +1200DR which I was more than happy with 🙂

FIA.jpg

NA/CSA Slot 2, A/S Lobby, 210 points, Door #3

A qualifying lap that could have gotten me into the top 7 was utterly ruined when I crashed at the death chicane. So I started in 13th as a result. :ouch:

The race itself was pretty underwhelming. But what didn't help was twice bumping into the car ahead of me that scraped the wall exiting the death chicane, causing them to get a boost while I was slowed down significantly. Got to love Gran Turismo collision physics...

full

Mediocre start to this season for me, but we'll see what the future rounds bring.

That livery is 🔥🔥🔥!

2021 Exhibition Round 1
Dragon trail Seaside Gr3
DR A+/SR S Door no. 2

Seeing how the majority of YouTubers went with Ferrari, I decided to provide the world with an alternative content choice.

Ole Greddy packed up his smoking jacket, put away his PPK, and garaged the Aston. In its place, the ultimate driving machine, B M W. So, I slid in a fresh pair of New Balance and headed for the track in my sweet new whip.

The M6 fits like a glove at DTS. Its stable, good in corners, and had the tire wear to withstand a 7x multiplier. Top speed could be better but shes got just enough legs to hold back the competition.

I put in a solid qualy and managed Q4, running a 1:36.3xx. Not my best, but far from my worst. All I had to do now was not die and stay in the slip.

And that is exactly what I did!.......for 14.25 laps. P3 to p8 in one corner. Limped away with 190 points.

Picked Alfa because the wheel demands it - my favoured BMB round should be fun in the car that can't even keep slipstream :P

Dragon Trail Seaside is far from my favourite track so I resolved just to enter this one to get some km in the Alfa gr3 which is a bit of an enigma to me. It was some fun driving and I qualified p11 in a low B lobby, tapping the chicane wall on exit, I believe I could have handily had p5 or 6.

Anyway I never hit the cod but did visit the beach at the top of the esses in traffic. Recovery drive was going well but unfortunately got disconnected toward the end of lap 6 just as I was catching back up to the race.

I don't really need much more excuse than that not to race at dragon trail - but I got to mug a Porsche before then so mission accomplished (mug a Porsche every race).

There were 4 Renaults and 3 Z4s in my race - people are definitely hitting the screw it button on this season :P

Picked Alfa because the wheel demands it - my favoured BMB round should be fun in the car that can't even keep slipstream :P

Dragon Trail Seaside is far from my favourite track so I resolved just to enter this one to get some km in the Alfa gr3 which is a bit of an enigma to me. It was some fun driving and I qualified p11 in a low B lobby, tapping the chicane wall on exit, I believe I could have handily had p5 or 6.

Anyway I never hit the cod but did visit the beach at the top of the esses in traffic. Recovery drive was going well but unfortunately got disconnected toward the end of lap 6 just as I was catching back up to the race.

I don't really need much more excuse than that not to race at dragon trail - but I got to mug a Porsche before then so mission accomplished (mug a Porsche every race).

There were 4 Renaults and 3 Z4s in my race - people are definitely hitting the screw it button on this season :P
I was considering Alfa Romeo, seeing as I just love the shape of the 4C and the Gr.4 car is rapid around handling tracks, if you can manage to keep it on point. I chickened out in the end though.

Crazy to see so many Z4's in a race - I barely ever see them anymore! Always a Renault kicking about though, for the same reason as the 4C...

I was considering Alfa Romeo, seeing as I just love the shape of the 4C and the Gr.4 car is rapid around handling tracks, if you can manage to keep it on point. I chickened out in the end though.

Crazy to see so many Z4's in a race - I barely ever see them anymore! Always a Renault kicking about though, for the same reason as the 4C...
Its certainly a bit of a hobbled pick at higher ratings, since the group 4 Alfa is still recovering from its very heavy handed nerf, and was an ubiquitous pick in that class before then.

The group 3, however, is a bit of a sleeper, it's nimble and compliant yet has decent top end at 168. It's not quite as knife edge agile as the NSX or R8 but not cumbersome like a lot of the FRs. I really enjoyed it but I'm 4 odd seconds off of the true pace and just about anything can compete in those lobbies.

Manufacturer Series 2020/21 Exhibition Series - Round 1
Dragon Trail - Seaside / Gr. 3

Wow... people have either forgotten how to race, were pent up, or simply decided as GT Sport nears the end to abandon any sense of sportsmanship.

Was the filthiest lobby I've been in a this DR level in a long while, in Slot 1.

I was really looking forward to this first round... at a track that I've been successful in, driving the Porsche RSR that I won in at this track last season, it was going to be a good start to the new FIA season for me.

Didn't qualify super, I was just a little tentative but more importantly I didn't play the slipstream game, and I think that cost me. Started 12th, which made the tire choice decision hard... I usually like the softer set early, to get a few spots in the chaos and then keep the pace up when the fuel burn keeps the car lighter for the second stint on harder tires. The Porsche is usually easier on tires, which helps leverage that strategy by over-cutting, too. So chose the softs.

But on lap one, after giving people space to do whatever they're going to do on lap one, was ruined at the CoD because the idiot in front of me HIT THE BRAKES going through it. And not at the entry, where it might (debatably, at this level) make sense if you were being overly cautious, he did it AT THE APEX. And he did this only after foolishly putting himself two-wide entering the CoD complex... why can't people be smart?

So I was ghosted into the wall after making unavoidable contact with this moron, leaving me in last after I got back up to speed. I then proceeded to grind my way back up through the field, and did well to do so. Eventually I caught the pack where this same fool was holding everyone up with his moving chicane behavior.

I extended my run on the softs through lap 8 then pitted from fourth, for my required mediums. Had to pass a few others after that, to get back up to 8th as I entered the last lap. Dealt with a few dirty drivers swerving, etc. in the meantime, but survived most of that, eventually gapping them easily after clearing them.

Then on the last lap, this SAME MORON (who was a hundred yards ahead of me) completely loses it on his own in the first chicane set... and rather than being sporting... he PARKS IT on the apex to protect his spot, leaving me no choice but to hit him from behind and be blocked while he resumes race speed. Despite my urge to park him in the gravel at Larini, I instead pass him clean entering the uphill esses (even tough he again brake checks on the apex into those turns...). And because I was too kind to race him clean on the rest of the lap, his Jaguar was able to pull me on the penultimate straight and I lost the position to him before the last turn.

So I finished 8th, should have easily been top-5 when analyzing the results, and left with a sour taste in my mouth. Confronted the three dirty drivers in the chat after, including this guy (with support from others who saw their driving the same) only to learn these drivers were oblivious to the nature of their driving, based on their remarks. I asked him how many times he could ruin my race in one race (I counted at least 3), to which he claimed we were only racing clean all last lap.

Every time I got clear of the dirty drivers playing stupid games, I was able to run nearly 2 seconds a lap faster. That's how dumb people are, and how unfairly the blocking, slide job, brake checking, and foolish side by side garbage costs you, people.

I really wish people would race smarter and fairer. GTS is such a blast when everyone plays it fair, but when it's a glorified arcade game it's just a drag.

#3 / Q12 / R8 / 141 FIA points / about 300 DR

1634818314584.png

Me, looking dejected at what would have been a great start to the season in a fairer lobby

1634818436285.png

7th, 9th, and 12th are all dirty unfair unsporting drivers.

I easily had 5th place or better if not for what happened to me thanks to the Jaguar's tactics.

Last edited:
2021 Exhibition Round 1
Dragon trail Seaside Gr3
DR A+/SR S Door no. 2

Seeing how the majority of YouTubers went with Ferrari, I decided to provide the world with an alternative content choice.

Ole Greddy packed up his smoking jacket, put away his PPK, and garaged the Aston. In its place, the ultimate driving machine, B M W. So, I slid in a fresh pair of New Balance and headed for the track in my sweet new whip.

The M6 fits like a glove at DTS. Its stable, good in corners, and had the tire wear to withstand a 7x multiplier. Top speed could be better but shes got just enough legs to hold back the competition.

I put in a solid qualy and managed Q4, running a 1:36.3xx. Not my best, but far from my worst. All I had to do now was not die and stay in the slip.

And that is exactly what I did!.......for 14.25 laps. P3 to p8 in one corner. Limped away with 190 points.

Great editing and commentary, I chuckled at least once or twice!

Last edited:
Manufacturer Series 2020/21 Exhibition Series - Round 1
Dragon Trail - Seaside / Gr. 3

Wow... people have either forgotten how to race, were pent up, or simply decided as GT Sport nears the end to abandon any sense of sportsmanship.

Was the filthiest lobby I've been in a this DR level in a long while, in Slot 1.

I was really looking forward to this first round... at a track that I've been successful in, driving the Porsche RSR that I won in at this track last season, it was going to be a good start to the new FIA season for me.

Didn't qualify super, I was just a little tentative but more importantly I didn't play the slipstream game, and I think that cost me. Started 12th, which made the tire choice decision hard... I usually like the softer set early, to get a few spots in the chaos and then keep the pace up when the fuel burn keeps the car lighter for the second stint on harder tires. The Porsche is usually easier on tires, which helps leverage that strategy by over-cutting, too. So chose the softs.

But on lap one, after giving people space to do whatever they're going to do on lap one, was ruined at the CoD because the idiot in front of me HIT THE BRAKES going through it. And not at the entry, where it might (debatably, at this level) make sense if you were being overly cautious, he did it AT THE APEX. And he did this only after foolishly putting himself two-wide entering the CoD complex... why can't people be smart?

So I was ghosted into the wall after making unavoidable contact with this moron, leaving me in last after I got back up to speed. I then proceeded to grind my way back up through the field, and did well to do so. Eventually I caught the pack where this same fool was holding everyone up with his moving chicane behavior.

I extended my run on the softs through lap 8 then pitted from fourth, for my required mediums. Had to pass a few others after that, to get back up to 8th as I entered the last lap. Dealt with a few dirty drivers swerving, etc. in the meantime, but survived most of that, eventually gapping them easily after clearing them.

Then on the last lap, this SAME MORON (who was a hundred yards ahead of me) completely loses it on his own in the first chicane set... and rather than being sporting... he PARKS IT on the apex to protect his spot, leaving me no choice but to hit him from behind and be blocked while he resumes race speed. Despite my urge to park him in the gravel at Larini, I instead pass him clean entering the uphill esses (even tough he again brake checks on the apex into those turns...). And because I was too kind to race him clean on the rest of the lap, his Jaguar was able to pull me on the penultimate straight and I lost the position to him before the last turn.

So I finished 8th, should have easily been top-5 when analyzing the results, and left with a sour taste in my mouth. Confronted the three dirty drivers in the chat after, including this guy (with support from others who saw their driving the same) only to learn these drivers were oblivious to the nature of their driving, based on their remarks. I asked him how many times he could ruin my race in one race (I counted at least 3), to which he claimed we were only racing clean all last lap.

Every time I got clear of the dirty drivers playing stupid games, I was able to run nearly 2 seconds a lap faster. That's how dumb people are, and how unfairly the blocking, slide job, brake checking, and foolish side by side garbage costs you, people.

I really wish people would race smarter and fairer. GTS is such a blast when everyone plays it fair, but when it's a glorified arcade game it's just a drag.

#3 / Q12 / R8 / 141 FIA points / about 300 DR

View attachment 1087724
Me, looking dejected at what would have been a great start to the season in a fairer lobby

View attachment 1087725
7th, 9th, and 12th are all dirty unfair unsporting drivers.

I easily had 5th place or better if not for what happened to me thanks to the Jaguar's tactics.
Looking at that list, yikes! That's a rough lobby to be in. Had run ins with quite a few of those names in the past. You were lucky to get out as well as you did! A lot of those guys can be clean. But throw in someone like p13 who will set them off and it will get full on nasty.

Back