2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 11.34.55 AM.png

In a glaring contrast to Nation's, the Manufacturer's Championship actually went pretty well and ended with 901 points. I wish I could've finished higher for Chevy, but I still managed a Top 5 for them, and as usual was the #1 for them locally. Even though I improved my points tally by 22 last night, I still lost 6 spots in the overall standings. I had an unexpectedly good result at Interlagos (Rd. 5), followed up by an unexpectedly disappointing result a round later at DTG. You may have noticed I have 5 scores above 200, which means that for the first time ever, all of my counted championship scores are over 200 points! Now I just have to see about doing that for Nation's next time...

Also, while the final round of Nation's proved to be a bitter disappointment, it did provide me a chance to pull off some sweet 3-wide overtakes into T1 at Fuji as I had to fight my way through the field after getting penalties on the opening lap:

Last edited:
FIA 2020-2021 Exhibition Season 2
Round 8 - Lago Maggiore Center / Gr3
Slot 1 - A/S Lobby

High hopes to finish out the season as I had done well in several practice races leading up to last nights event. Unfortunately, even with all the social distancing and masks and hand sanitizer, I managed to catch the flu or a cold or covid or whatever. So I was feeling like complete crudd. But, I rested all day to try and make sure I had enough energy to race the final race of the season. I was joined in the lobby by @Master Weasel and several other familiar names. Qualified in p3 even though it wasn't an amazing qualifying lap (43.5xx). I thought I was set up for a one and done but destiny had something else in mind as I had maybe the worst race I've had in quite some time. Literally nothing seemed to bounce my way. I even nearly ran over @Master Weasel a couple of times while just meaning to hang in the slip and save fuel.

After the race was over, I fell to 55 SR, just avoiding a DR Reset. Immediately jumped into Race C and ran like 5 races to bring the SR back to S.

2nd to Last Slot High A/S lobby
Terrible qualifying session for me, started p14. Decided to start on Hards and had a horrid first lap (those cold hards are REALLY slippery). Came in on lap 2 to switch to Softs and had Dragon Trail Seaside tire requirements burned into my brain and put on Mediums. Pitted again, put softs on and somehow after 24 laps managed to move from p18 to P12. My head was spinning, I was in a cold sweat, and decided I couldn't go again. So, I put myself to bed with my SR back intact.

Overall, did alright on the season considering I started as a DR B.

Final 2021E.PNG

Last edited:

Between the chaotic start, qualifying in front of faster people, and an extremely aggressive Viper, this race actually ended very well.
Timestamps:
Qualifying: 0:46 (all 21 seconds of it)
Race Start: 1:17
Lap 1 replay: 3:22 - 6:22
Laps 4 - 7 battles: 6:40 - 12:34
Laps 11 - end battles: 12:34 - 18:20

Meanwhile, I just got a Fanatec CSL Elite with loadcell brake setup, but boy, it's probably gonna take me a bit to get back to the pace I had with the G27 I've been using for a while. I think this is the perfect time to create an alt account to train myself on it, hopefully before the 2021 FIA season! I hope to see y'all in the next one!

Bit of a late review on yesterdays final Manufacturers round. Was genuinely looking forward to this, I thought Maggiore Centre was a fun, wacky track to end the season in Gr.3. That said I'm the type of sadist who really enjoys tracks like Tsukuba and will race just about anything on them :lol:.

Nevertheless I went into this one knowing the high fuel and tyre multipliers would play into the strengths of the NSX nicely, providing I could drive it well enough.

Attempt 1, Slot 3
First attempt didn't go too well, was door #16 in a 198pt lobby so it seemed quite stacked. I made a mare of qualifying, and didn't really get a lap representative of what I managed in practice, so started 10th on softs. First lap was iffy at best, coping a 1s penalty for just breathing on the bumper of a Porsche in front. Neither of us affected, but my race was hampered there on in. Was alone for most of it, but a miscalculation on fuel meant I had to pit two laps earlier on L22 for hards. P9 it was in the end.

Attempt 2, Slot 4
Knowing I was capable of more, I went again. This time door #13 in a 197pt lobby, so there was plenty to play for. Qualifying went much better, with a 43.4 putting me 6th on the grid. It initially looked like I'd be 3rd, but a trio of cars jumped ahead in the final seconds. That said, bottling a lap where I was 0.1s up didn't help.

20210116212318.jpg

More than happy with 6th though, again starting on softs. A 3-stopper was the plan once more, and after surviving the start the race was largely quiet and uneventful really. Went 8S/8S/8S/2H, with a small addition of fuel on my penultimate stop. After running as low as 8th in the early stages I jumped 4 places by lap 24. Superior fuel economy allowed me to come out ahead of a gaggle of cars, and two late spinners gifted us places.

Came across the line for 4th, and 0.7laps of fuel left suggested I could have fuelled less. Not that the result would have changed I don't think, 3rd was 4s ahead in the end, but I'll happily take that points haul to end the season 👍.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210116183622.jpg

After sitting out last season for a break, this one went really well truth be told. I had my best FIA outing in the main 2020 season, but I in theory went one better, in terms of points and results per race. It may have only been a short exhibition, but managing to increase DR again gave me a better opportunity for more points. Since retiring from dailies, I must admit sport mode has been much more fun for me, with FIA generally producing better races. And like many others here, I find the hints, tips, strategies and guides put out by those here and elsewhere, very useful :cheers:.
FIAManu pts.png

Last edited:
Pretty forgettable seasons in both Nations and Manufacturers as a S/S driver (A/S), with the highlight being a 3rd place at the Nordschleife last week in Manu. Even that was slightly disappointing as I thought I had a shot at victory if not for an alien who dropped into our lobby and was 6 seconds a lap faster. Oh well, still a fun way to spend a couple of nights a week.

Really nice getting matched regularly with quite a few from here, including @KosmoKazi , @Master Weasel and @Geauxgreddy. It's good knowing you can trust the folks you're racing with and not have to worry about any shady moves.

Thanks to all who helped by sharing strategy tips, and congrats to those who met their goals and had good seasons. Hope to see you out there again.

:gtpflag:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210117150424.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210117150447.jpg

How best performing race of the Final Round of Exhibition Series 2 We had the Strat down and everything and it all came down to a tiny miscalculation -_-

As the Exhibition Series 2 Report card
Screenshot (178).png

Screenshot (176).png

We have string of back luck in Nations came so close taking few wins than got taken out . As for manufacture we have done much better a couple of podium and top 5's Also we can only Saturday races basically half each we don't much choice there haha. Let's hope we got better a schedules and a better FIA GT Championships" 2021 Series Calendar

See you next time.

The first half of this Manufacturer season was rough for me but got better towards the end. Disappointed that I couldn't end strong on the final round though. I guess my highlight for this season was finishing 5th at Interlagos, which is a track that has given me trouble in the past.

full

The Corvettes weren't bad cars at all. Just need to have good fuel management skills if the race calls for it. Wouldn’t mind racing for Chevrolet again.

Last edited:
The SLS Gr.4 really can't be that bad, is it? Half a second slower than the Cayman and M4, at a couple tracks I ran at just then. Handles similar to an MR, like the FMR it is. However, it doesn't feel fast. The perfect BOP would be to replace it with the AMG GT GT4.
I have always thought an AMG A-Class to go head to head with the TT and VW would be great. Or a C-Class Coupe to go against the M4... but the SLS is so archaic and so bad, it renders MB pointless in the manufacturer’s series. The Gr3 GT is a fine car, so it’s a pity that the Gr4 option is so bad.

Even when I continue to switch Manufacturers during a season, I still finish high in my Local standings. Players just aren't, well.... playing. SO many dashes each Round.

Still, 1st in Gen40 and 1st in my city. I'll be 50 this year. Would be helpful to know how many participate in each age group.

126 PTS
494th
Oceania
8th
Mazda
3rd
New South Wales

I’m “pretty sure” @TRL LIGHTNING used one account for Manu, and one for Nations in the last “real” season, but I’m not 100%. So in theory, if he can do it, I don’t see why we can’t?

My case was different.
From 2018 to 2019 I was using my german account for both cups as turkey wasn't listed as one of the eligible countries before.
In 2020 they have added turkey there so I was only using that account instead.

There is no problem if you either want to use your CSA or your NA account but if you want to use them both on the same time for two championships, that's where it becomes illegal as it says you are only allowed to use one account to run. So if you want to do both cups you have to decide with which psn account you want to do these races

My case was different.
From 2018 to 2019 I was using my german account for both cups as turkey wasn't listed as one of the eligible countries before.
In 2020 they have added turkey there so I was only using that account instead.

There is no problem if you either want to use your CSA or your NA account but if you want to use them both on the same time for two championships, that's where it becomes illegal as it says you are only allowed to use one account to run. So if you want to do both cups you have to decide with which psn account you want to do these races

TYVM for the clarification. :cheers:

All good :cheers:
Always trying to help as much as I can :D

Much appreciated Sir. :cheers:

I had been using one account for each series, from back when they were on the same day, just in case I had a bad race and lost SR, so it didn’t ruin the race in the other series 20 min later. They’re not on the same day anymore though, so no need to do that now I guess. :)

IMG-20210118-134116.jpg

I had an ok season in Manu'. Actually, I didn't expect Citroen to be so competitive :lol:

Has anyone had any luck registering as a Star Player today? I saw the notice in game but didn't get a notification. Top 10 for a manufacturer should be enough in EMEA but when I try to register, it says I'm not eligible :confused:

I'm tempted to create a new account, registered in a country that can be granted Star Player status.

10th for Mazda in EMEA. But country isn't on the list unfortunately.

Congratulations on the result.

I'm tempted to create a new account, registered in a country that can be granted Star Player status.

10th for Mazda in EMEA. But country isn't on the list unfortunately.

Congratulations on the result.

Thanks! And yeah, you should. It adds a nice little incentive.

I've now heard from some people who got the notification today and some that haven't. No one seems to know what's going on :lol:

Last edited:
Well here's the summary

Screenshot_20210117-140209_Chrome.jpg

Final score is missing off but it was only 181 and didn't count anyway. Hoping to improve on this next season but do realise that I'm probably hampered by my usual policy of one and done and even more hampered by my qualifying! Need to figure out how to unlock that extra fraction of a percent for the hot laps. Especially if I start racing in higher splits to chase bigger points

So here's hoping for VERY long races!

Good racing everyone - let's go again

Screenshot_20210119-180523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well, I had a solid Manufacturers season all said and done. Despite not having the elbows out skill and mentality for Nations and mostly finishing with poor results there I managed to get some solid results in the big Jag.

Drove pretty well with good results in several rounds, and had an awesome drive that lost out on points due to a final lap incident (just hard racing). Still couldn't crack up to the top 5 for S, but with my good final round I managed to jump from p11 to p8.

Now to try a new manufacturer next season.

IMG-20210118-134116.jpg

I had an ok season in Manu'. Actually, I didn't expect Citroen to be so competitive :lol:

Has anyone had any luck registering as a Star Player today? I saw the notice in game but didn't get a notification. Top 10 for a manufacturer should be enough in EMEA but when I try to register, it says I'm not eligible :confused:
'Star Players' Selection Notice (18 January) - gran-turismo.com (gran-turismo.com)

It says "The deadline for 'Star Player' registration will be announced in an upcoming notice about the next championships."

But the last time I'm sure I was able to register a few days after the previous season had ended. Weird. I don't like being A, I want my S back.

I had good results on Saturday and am really enjoying the series. Only been playing since Xmas. I went up to C S and then on a driving high Saturday night I played some dailies, not enough track practice I went down to D. Very disappointed!

However I turned this back round quickly and now am B S !!!!!! Also have 9 clean races in a row!!!! Doubt I will keep it for long. Having success though in the Subaru in current dallies.

When it says performance percentage in kudosprime, is that in the game or region? I am currently 12%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120_112441_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_112441_com.android.chrome.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
Back