2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I believe its the whole game. (happy to be corrected)

Yes, Milouse said that in the KP thread recently, but he also remarked that there isn't much variation between regions, FWIW.

I do sort of think it's funny though, since mine is listed as "Top 1%" and I routinely get the crap kicked out of me, lol. I have a feeling that the percentage of current/frequent players is grouped pretty closely at the top. I'd guess it's probably the top 15% or so.

Last edited:
Yes, Milouse said that in the KP thread recently, but he also remarked that there isn't much variation between regions, FWIW.

I do sort of think it's funny though, since mine is listed as "Top 1%" and I routinely get the crap kicked out of me, lol. I have a feeling that the percentage of current/frequent players is grouped pretty closely at the top. I'd guess it's probably the top 15% or so.
Have always thought that! Surely being in top 2% doesn't mean i'm higher ranked than 98% of the other GTS players?!

I had good results on Saturday and am really enjoying the series. Only been playing since Xmas. I went up to C S and then on a driving high Saturday night I played some dailies, not enough track practice I went down to D. Very disappointed!

However I turned this back round quickly and now am B S !!!!!! Also have 9 clean races in a row!!!! Doubt I will keep it for long. Having success though in the Subaru in current dallies.

When it says performance percentage in kudosprime, is that in the game or region? I am currently 12%

Welcome to the world of B/S. I might see you in a race.

Renewed Star Rating. Still got it baby

upload_2021-1-21_20-55-29.png

With the official season starting so early, I wonder how many stages there will be? And is it likely that they will continue with the more spread out format (1x Nations & 1x Manu per week instead of 2x each)? I like that it's more spread out, but I hope it won't last the whole year because I get bored driving the same car for long periods of time :lol: Alternatively, they could give an option to switch Manu between stages, but you forfeit all the points in the previous stage (like last year between Stage 1 and 2).

This also pretty much confirms that we won't see GT7 landing anytime this year.

With the official season starting so early, I wonder how many stages there will be? And is it likely that they will continue with the more spread out format (1x Nations & 1x Manu per week instead of 2x each)? I like that it's more spread out, but I hope it won't last the whole year because I get bored driving the same car for long periods of time :lol: Alternatively, they could give an option to switch Manu between stages, but you forfeit all the points in the previous stage (like last year between Stage 1 and 2).

This also pretty much confirms that we won't see GT7 landing anytime this year.
When's it due to start?

I might be wrong but from memory, didn’t they announce the start of the official 2020 season last year around February and put in a pre-season first, then having the actual season starting after? I know it all got screwed up a bit with covid and we ended up with an extra exhibition or was that the Mazda thing that allowed us to change manufacturer?

I might be wrong but from memory, didn’t they announce the start of the official 2020 season last year around February and put in a pre-season first, then having the actual season starting after? I know it all got screwed up a bit with covid and we ended up with an extra exhibition or was that the Mazda thing that allowed us to change manufacturer?
Yes. PD&Mazda were in the process of modelling and finalising the RX-VISION.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of returning for the upcoming season after a 6-month break from sim-racing (after just 6 months of racing during the 1st lockdown). I ended up the 2020 season in high A lobbies (Top 10 in Switzerland in Nations which I was proud of ^^) but I imagine its gonna be tough to get back to that level.

Looking for my next Manufacturer, I'm wondering why Citroën has so few drivers (by far the least popular brand last season apparently), even though it seems to be competitive given the final results in several regions (and in both Gr. 3 and 4 races) ?

I've seen someone here recently posting his results with the GT and saying he was pretty surprised by the performance. So, is it just because the brand itself is not as attractive to the mere "sports car fan" compared to the likes of Ferrari, BMW, etc. ? Bad fuel consumption / tyre wear ?

My only 2 Manufacturers so far were Alfa and Honda after the BoP update that killed the 1st one. So I tend to like MR layouts even though I never really tried the others..

Hope to see some of you soon on track!

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of returning for the upcoming season after a 6-month break from sim-racing (after just 6 months of racing during the 1st lockdown). I ended up the 2020 season in high A lobbies (Top 10 in Switzerland in Nations which I was proud of ^^) but I imagine its gonna be tough to get back to that level.

Looking for my next Manufacturer, I'm wondering why Citroën has so few drivers (by far the least popular brand last season apparently), even though it seems to be competitive given the final results in several regions (and in both Gr. 3 and 4 races) ?

I've seen someone here recently posting his results with the GT and saying he was pretty surprised by the performance. So, is it just because the brand itself is not as attractive to the mere "sports car fan" compared to the likes of Ferrari, BMW, etc. ? Bad fuel consumption / tyre wear ?

My only 2 Manufacturers so far were Alfa and Honda after the BoP update that killed the 1st one. So I tend to like MR layouts even though I never really tried the others..

Hope to see some of you soon on track!
I used Citroen last season. I really liked them. They both seemed easy to drive, good on fuel and tires. I would go with Citroen again, but I’m thinking about going with Jaguar just to change it up. I haven’t signed with them before

Went back through my Manu history. Had my best seasons with Mazda and Lexus. 2018 at the start, I signed with Mazda, but skipped the Pre-season. After the PD "TEST" races, I signed with Honda for three straight seasons.

With Honda, Mazda and Lexus, I scored my most points, by doing nearly every race during those full seasons. My Local/Manu rankings below:

Honda
Season 1(3rd/48th), S2(2nd/65th), Final(4th/141st).

Switched to Ford for Exhibition S1(4th/26th)

Blank for Exhibition S2.

Exhibition S3(2nd/65th) Ford, one race 327pts

Exhibition S4(3rd/7th) Toyota.

E S1(2nd/2nd) Mazda.

E S2(2nd/8th) Lexus.

Pre-season(3rd/5th) Mazda.

2019 Series(6th/38th) Mazda.

2019/20
E S1(1st/5th) Lexus.

E S2(8th/18th) Toyota.

E S3(10th/27th) Lexus.

2020 Pre-season(4th/12th) BMW.

2020 Exhibition Stage(3rd/19th) Ford.

2020 Series(25th/68th) Mazda, one race 86pts

2020/21 E S1(8th/32nd) BMW, one race 99pts

2020/21 E S2(3rd/8th) Mazda, one race 126pts

Manafacturers - Gr.3 Lago Maggiore Center

Strategy: 1H-8S-8S(Refuel)-9S

After my disastrous Race 1, I went in again to try again. I qualified 9th, electing to start on Hards to get them out of the way. Naturally, I went into Turn 1 forgetting that I was on cold Hards and went off. The rest of the race was unremarkable as I executed my strategy to eventually gain 1 place and finish 8th for 107 points. I would have finished 8th in Race 1 were it not for the divebomb incident, so I called it a day after that.

I was still feeling really sour about the divebomb incident, which was why I didn't post my Manufacturer results until now.

bXAQQDF.jpg
q6chO8K.jpg
98DhwXf.jpg

My results was decent (considering that I'm much better at Nations than Manufacturers), though I'm considering a move to Citroen next season to try something new.

2SKmFn1.jpg

And speaking of Nations, my 5th place in the domestic Nations standings has officially made me an S rank player!

I think they always run a pre-season inside the "official series" before the start of stage 1. I imagine that's to make sure all the best drivers, who may have not participated in the exhibition seasons, have a chance to take the S-licences they need to take part in the top 16 races.

I think they always run a pre-season inside the "official series" before the start of stage 1. I imagine that's to make sure all the best drivers, who may have not participated in the exhibition seasons, have a chance to take the S-licences they need to take part in the top 16 races.
Yes thats what i thought. Knew i had another chance to swap Manufacturers before the season starts proper! :)

I can't call it for my next car choices. Would really like updated cars from the current Manu selections. I'm sure the content is ready for GT7. Just de-res those cars for GTS.

I agree a Gr4 BOP fix is necessary but I'm hoping they make the '17 Ford GT into a Gr4 racer. I've been wanting that since the car was introduced into the game.

It would be so neutered it's already quicker and better on fuel than the v8 and that car has no more balls at 89%/113% so I'm not sure that would work. Love the idea of bringing the car into play though!

Back