2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Updated Manu standings:

View attachment 1079931

All but certain the top 8 Manus here are safe. For everyone else, I feel that everyone below BMW are out as the deficit is too much to overcome with just two races left. Therefore, it's 6 Manus fighting for 4 spots and I'm going to make one prediction now. Ferrari will be out because one region is having to carry them but they have maxed out on points already. BMW might be the second because their cars just don't excel in one thing although there's no guarantee.
Me seeing Jaguar and BMW competing at the brink of elimination:

anigif_sub-buzz-8024-1615918507-59.gif

Last edited:
The sea of Germans will have to enjoy their race without me!
They had put their towels out on the 20 positions. You stood no chance.
This is truly perplexing. It would have been virtually impossible to lose SR in this race. It’s not like the system didn’t realize he was dirty. He got about 50 SR less than a clean race.
Yup, the sheer amount of laps meant you could easily make up for a few dirty laps. My Italian nemesis in my race still got 20SR when most others got 50 or 60 odd.

Last edited:
Updated Manu standings:

View attachment 1079931

All but certain the top 8 Manus here are safe. For everyone else, I feel that everyone below BMW are out as the deficit is too much to overcome with just two races left. Therefore, it's 6 Manus fighting for 4 spots and I'm going to make one prediction now. Ferrari will be out because one region is having to carry them but they have maxed out on points already. BMW might be the second because their cars just don't excel in one thing although there's no guarantee.
I believe in you

I was hopeful for this next Manu round until I had a quick practice race earlier! I like the track (prefer the reverse) and the Chevy feels good and quick here in free practice BUT it’s a one stop with a 20 second pitstop. That leaves tires in a mess for poor tire care drivers like myself. My lap times were embarrassing on each last lap of the 2 stints. :lol: I may end up missing this round.

D9B88220-049B-4324-8520-09498402FE59.jpeg

OMG that minion guy is the dead set worst. He's the same in daily races also. Curiously, I've only started seeing him since the penalty system became more lenient...a friend of mine copped a ban for giving it to him in a post race chat....yet this guy can destroy everyone's races and somehow get rewarded for it..... infuriating.

You usually get a warning first before a ban FYI

About to jump into Nations slot 1. The practice lobbies tell me this is going to go badly for me. I have NO pace and NO consistency in this car. I used to drive it all the time, but I just cannot make it work for me in its current spec.

Oh well, I guess I’ll find out just how bad I am very soon.

Edit: Uh oh. Door 18. I sense a DFL…

Last edited:
Well, I wrote off my FIA ban for a 1 off appearance in Nations tonight. Decided about 10 minutes before to enter since I heard it was Alsace. I need practice learning FF cars and it is a track I really enjoy so entered. Door 15 or 16 so my plan to lap at the back where my mistakes are no problem is looking good.

Qualify p19 so start last due to my 1 lap of practice, but not actually off the pace. Get a solid start and lap in p18 to p15 on Hards as people crash and slide and battle. Then notice when I pit for mediums end of lap 5 that I might have needed some fuel, or to fuel save. Perhaps paying attention to a strategy guide would have helped.

Oh well, work on short shifting as I didnt take fuel and continue to hover around p14 and p15. Last lap the guy behind is gaining rapidly. They pass me heading to turn 2 and it is all I can do to stay in line. They can run flat out. Come home p16 for a better race than I thought. Seemed to get a better handle on wrestling that thing to turn so it was a good no stress night with clean racing where I was, although apparently it wasnt that way all through the field.

Was good to see friendly faces @Erebus_9 @ClanFever @ShiftingGears @pennanton and I think @TheWeapon874 out there. Hope I wasnt in your way at any point.

Good luck to anyone entering, I'm back to my FIA sabbatical.

Slot 1 Oceania: Door 18.
Qualifying was remarkably uneventful. Everyone leaving the right gaps on the out lap. My first flying lap went as well as I could hope but I was losing ground to the car in front of me the whole lap. Crossed the line expecting the worst and was p4! The guy in front was P1. Was so surprised that I stuffed up T1 on my second lap and quit out. Cue several tense minutes of watching how many got past my time. Incredibly, only one did and I finished Q5.

Had intended to run a no stop on hards from the back but the unexpected qualifying spooked me and I stayed with mediums and commutted to the one stop.

The race itself was a lot of fun. I stayed with the 4 in front just using slip, holding position and watching for mistakes. By lap 8 I had pulled an 8 second gap on p6 and P1 pitted to put in hards. My tyres were still ok o I stayed out one more lap. Jumping in lap 9 I re-emerged in p5 but with cold tyres, by t3 p6 had caught me and pushed past. P7 was also hot in my tail. The three of us then had some fantastic racing for the next 3 laps and I managed to hold p6. A massively unexpected result!

151 points, which will definitely count for me, and one.and. done.

GT > football :P :D
I love GT and I love football.
However when you have spent a few hundred on a season ticket a race where you are likely to be punted left, right and centre should take 2nd fiddle. If the UK was on proper time I'd be able to squeeze a race in, but alas we aren't until next month.

I love GT and I love football.
However when you have spent a few hundred on a season ticket a race where you are likely to be punted left, right and centre should take 2nd fiddle. If the UK was on proper time I'd be able to squeeze a race in, but alas we aren't until next month.
Oh if you go watch for real, that's something else. I thought you were gonna be sitting on your couch haha.
Have fun!

Been quite a while since I've raced in an FF

Edit: fluked into a slipstream train in quali and it helped me qualify way higher than I should've been.
Had a good start but got pushed out in T3 which ruined all my momentum. The whole first stint was pretty brutal with everyone going for a move at every opportunity. I decided to risk it and pit lap 3 off the hards and luckily managed to undercut many people. Caught the pack ahead with a couple laps to go and gained one position at the end and so it was P8.
Was a bit frustrated with that one as I wasn't far off a better result and I felt hard done by the first lap, but given how the race went I guess I'll take it (not that it'll count towards my 4 scores)

17bea5a4ffa-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_417721426296088_1631724321469.jpg
17bea5a612d-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_417721429297602_1631724333193.jpg

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210915174137.jpg

I think I've said this before, but it's a mark of how far I've come in this game that I'm getting a score like this and feeling like I could have done better. Started 10th and went 4H/8M, spent most of the first stint getting shovelled around, spent the start of the second stint getting shovelled around, made it back towards the end. I could easily have finished 4th if I hadn't been fighting so much.

Top tip for anyone going later: Defend the inside with your life. The amount of time you lose from people firing it up the inside then understeering in a straight line is astonishing. If you can figure out how to avoid people then you're going to get a good result regardless of what level you're at.

Well that was an interesting one, qualified 9th, would have been 7th if I didn't screw my second lap up. The opening few laps were chaotic to say the least. Two drivers were mainly responsible and while I was the victim of some of it managed to clear the madness from lap 3 onwards. Kept my head down from there and while most seemingly went for 0 stop I pitted from the mediums on lap 8. Nabbed 6th on the last lap. Racecraft that race was lacking to say the least. 129 points and maintained 99 SR. No way I'm going again after that.

Top tip for anyone going later: Defend the inside with your life. The amount of time you lose from people firing it up the inside then understeering in a straight line is astonishing. If you can figure out how to avoid people then you're going to get a good result regardless of what level you're at.
I was thinking about that when I was practicing the other day - this has some really wide, long turns that want an out-in-out line. Problem is, with all the room it's just inviting the divebombers. It's going to feel very weird going against the flow of the track. With all the understeer they should be getting out of their lunges, how does the cutback look against them?

Last edited:
I was thinking about that when I was practicing the other day - this has some really wide, long turns that want an out-in-out line. Problem is, with all the room it's just inviting the divebombers. It's going to feel very weird going against the flow of the track. With all the understeer they should be getting out of their lunges, how does the cutback look against them?
Depends on which corner and how deep they go. The main problem with a cutback here is the TT isn't manoeuvrable enough to quickly react and slow down/turn sharply enough every time, so you usually still hit the person in front and give them a boost.

Latest Posts

Back