2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
I don't think the green is attractive - but what's worse is the weird faded "old racing Ferrari" colour from the back...and the green. Together it's all a complete **** show. The green would have been less awful on last year's scheme. The fading colour..maybe would look okay with a non-green MW logo - but combined it's truly hideous.

Last edited by a moderator:
racefansdotnet-21-03-11-14-49-43-1.jpg

On track, the Haas livery doesn't look too bad. But that's not the reason it's got such bad press. Simply swapping the orders of the three colours of the Russian flag to make it and upside-down Netherlands or something would escape the issues it's causing.

Lets do this! Very windy.

The Aston looks much better on track than in the promotional shots. I like it.

Alpine is just :drool:

Last edited:
All cars look so much better on track than they did in the promotional shots.
Actually, I'm going to revise that, all but the Ferrari. Looks like the Eastern European car wash down the street ran out of cleaning products three quarters of the way down the car.

On track, the Haas livery doesn't look too bad. But that's not the reason it's got such bad press. Simply swapping the orders of the three colours of the Russian flag to make it and upside-down Netherlands or something would escape the issues it's causing.
It would also negate the point the sponsor is trying to make, hence it won't happen unless Haas are ordered to change it.

It would also negate the point the sponsor is trying to make, hence it won't happen unless Haas are ordered to change it.
And the FIA will probably not act. After the ban is lifted, prepare to see Haas completely renamed to Mazepin F1 with a full Russian everything all over anything for that team.

Watching footage where I can, and that Alpine really pops. There's still way too much blue in the field, but damn that's pretty. :embarrassed:

Honestly, political affiliations aside, the livery looks pretty good. Wasn't the designer's fault, so they did really good considering they hand they we dealt.

Problem is, there are political affiliations. And the reasons for them are even worse.

It appears McLaren may have found a loophole/grey zone on the diffuser regs. The lower part of the diffuser seems to actually be the lower part of the gearbox casing, allowing them to position the vanes lower than usual, and also allowing them to put another diffuser element into it... Whether that's Brawn 2009 levels of ingenuity or not will remain to be seen.

As long as we are tarnishing reputations, let's remember the English GP driver Dick Seaman who carried the Nazi swastika on his car, and Juan Manuel Fangio who raced with the flag and national colors on his Maserati.

1948+mASERATI+4CLT-48.b.JPG

How nationalism and an iron-fisted ruler put Fangio on the world stage

https://porterpress.co.uk/blogs/new...on-fisted-ruler-put-fangio-on-the-world-stage

Yes, perhaps we should boycott F1 racing and those colors until justice is done.
You're free to decide for yourself. I'm not boycotting F1 because I dislike one driver, but it does give me the justification to criticize his behaviour, which frankly is not up to the standard I expect from F1 drivers. As for the Russian colours issue, that too is no reason to quit watching F1 in itself, but it is fair to question whether the Haas livery is in line with the sporting sanctions that the FIA have agreed to implement, which includes drivers from Russia not being allowed to compete under the Russian flag - a sanction that is a direct result of Russian state-sponsored cheating in international sport.

Last edited:
...it is fair to question whether the Haas livery is in line with the sporting sanctions that the FIA have agreed to implement, which includes drivers from Russia not being allowed to compete under the Russian flag - a sanction that is a direct result of Russian state-sponsored cheating in international sport.

Is this documented? Is any action being taken? Or is the FIA itself under scrutiny for misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance?

let's remember the English GP driver Dick Seaman who carried the Nazi swastika on his car

Chalk and cheese.

Nobody is denying that the Nazis took advantage of motorsports for propaganda purposes. The "Nazi flag" was also the official flag of Germany from 1935-1945. But at the time, Germany wasn't under a ban which prohibted its athletes from competing under their flag nor was their flag prohibited from being used in sports representation.

Russia is subject to such a restriction.
Mazepin is subject to such a restriction.

Last edited:
Chalk and cheese.

Nobody is denying that the Nazis took advantage of motorsports for propaganda purposes. The "Nazi flag" was also the official flag of Germany from 1935-1945. But at the time, Germany wasn't under a ban which prohibted its athletes from competing under their flag nor was their flag prohibited from being used in sports representation.

Russia is subject to such a restriction.
Mazepin is subject to such a restriction.
Is the FIA enforcing the restrictions?

If not, would the UK government be within its rights to arrest the offending driver and seize the offending cars?

Last edited:
Is the FIA enforcing the restrictions?

If not, would the UK government be within its rights to arrest the offending driver and seize the offending cars?
You're misunderstanding the concepts here. I know, I'm shocked too.

WADA's ruling prevents Russian teams and Russian nationals from competing in sports under the Russian flag. That isn't what's happening here, as neither the violent thug who likes to sexually assault women nor the team are competing under the Russian flag. The thug is competing under a neutral flag and Haas is competing under the US flag.

As long as we are tarnishing reputations, let's remember the English GP driver Dick Seaman who carried the Nazi swastika on his car, and Juan Manuel Fangio who raced with the flag and national colors on his Maserati.

How nationalism and an iron-fisted ruler put Fangio on the world stage

https://porterpress.co.uk/blogs/new...on-fisted-ruler-put-fangio-on-the-world-stage
Both were blasted by media and the populace at the time who were against those regimes, so I don't see why you bring that up as a counter argument...

One of the parts of the ruling was that the Russian flag cannot be displayed on "Sporting Equipment", so for example a Hockey Stick or Tennis Racket. It comes down to whether Haas of Dmitry Mazepin's pocket can claim that the car is not Sporting Equipment - which it clearly is.

Both were blasted by media and the populace at the time who were against those regimes, so I don't see why you bring that up as a counter argument...
Pretty much because it's a deflection.
One of the parts of the ruling was that the Russian flag cannot be displayed on "Sporting Equipment", so for example a Hockey Stick or Tennis Racket. It comes down to whether Haas of Dmitry Mazepin's pocket can claim that the car is not Sporting Equipment - which it clearly is.
Or whether they can claim it's not the flag, which it... isn't entirely clear that it is, as it definitely doesn't meet the standards (lol) for flags.

Or whether they can claim it's not the flag, which it... isn't entirely clear that it is, as it definitely doesn't meet the standards (lol) for flags.
As I said quite early on. They're using the Colours of the flag in the correct order, but at no point is there a Rectangle with a 2:3 ratio with the colours. So technically the flag isn't there exactly, but you'd have to be blind or bribed to not see that it clearly is there.

As I said quite early on. They're using the Colours of the flag in the correct order, but at no point is there a Rectangle with a 2:3 ratio with the colours. So technically the flag isn't there exactly, but you'd have to be blind or bribed to not see that it clearly is there.
Good job it's the FIA that's deciding it then... oh.

I don't know it if still applies, but back in the day there used to be "bringing the sport intro disrepute" as justification for the governing body to take otherwise extraordinary action.

If it still applied, Mazepin's Superlicense would have been rescinded by now for that Sexual Assault for bringing the sport into disrepute. I doubt that''ll be used here.

Back