2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
They need to do a split livery, ala BAR 1999.
FKY441A.jpg

My takes on the other liveries:
McLaren - not much change here.
AlphaTauri - last year's was better.
Alfa Romeo - uno reverse card to AT (aka better than last year's).
Red Bull - same old.
Mercedes - much prefer stars over AMGAMGAMG.
Alpine - probably the best livery, although we've seen it in their teasers before so it's not so much a surprise.
Aston - the pink integrated a lot better than I thought, but not putting the Aston wing on the engine cover is a missed opportunity (the area is pretty empty anyways).
Williams - looks like Sauber from 2015-2016. A bit messy to be honest, but we'll see in a few hours time if that's the real deal.
Ferrari - no prizes for guessing how this looks like :lol:

The BAR split livery idea does, however, have a flaw insomuch as it makes it even more obvious that the 'colours' are actually meant to represent flags.

Haas have said that they decided on this livery before they knew that the WADA ruling would apply to F1, but they've had at least a month since knowing that it would apply to when the livery was unveiled, so I'm struggling to see how they can use that as a reasonable defence.

I would not be surprised if some senior people at Haas are embarrassed or even infuriated by this, however. It is not a good look for them to be flouting the spirit of the WADA ruling, either inadvertently (as Haas are trying to say) or deliberately, even if it is ultimately not Haas but their principal sponsor who may be the ones trying to make a political point here.

Last edited:
The BAR split livery idea does, however, have a flaw insomuch as it makes it even more obvious that the 'colours' are actually meant to represent flags.

Haas have said that they decided on this livery before they knew that the WADA ruling would apply to F1, but they've had at least a month since knowing that it would apply to when the livery was unveiled, so I'm struggling to see how they can use that as a reasonable defence.

I would not be surprised if some senior people at Haas are embarrassed or even infuriated by this, however. It is not a good look for them to be flouting the spirit of the WADA ruling, either inadvertently (as Haas are trying to say) or deliberately, even if it is ultimately not Haas but their principal sponsor who may be the ones trying to make a political point here.
To me all this shows Haas doesn't have the capability to survive much longer in F1. They've built several pig cars in a row now and don't seem to be able to get that right, and they've allowed their integrity to be chipped away just to remain on the grid.

I feel Haas has deeply underestimated the ire of the fans and the media, written it off even, and that there will be a price to pay. We are used to a certain amount of shady dealings up and down the grid, and a certain amount of Ferrari-style crookedness has even become endearing, but Haas has basically raised a middle finger at the whole sport here and it really only calls to mind a toddler's temper tantrum.

I think it's safe enough to assume a lot of this stuff has come from Dmitry Mazepin, which shouldn't come as any surprise with how he is known to conduct his business. However Haas seem to have offered no resistance at all to this complete destruction of their integrity, which seems to have alienated themselves from any outside chance of sponsorship, further tying them to the Russian interests.

Honestly, for all that, I don't believe they deserve a place on the grid going forward. They've clearly shown they don't have the minerals to stick it out as a long term presence in F1, and brought a ton of shady presences into the paddock (they obviously aren't the only team to ever be guilty of that, though).

2 fewer cars in the wall each race? Hardly much of a loss. Show them the door.

The Williams launch on the App has been cancelled after the App was hacked apparently. I have no idea if that is anything to do with the leaked images shared yesterday, although they would class as Data Mining rather than Hacking, so I doubt it. Instead, photos of the car or render will just be released in about half an hour.

I really like the fact that they've painted the whole front wing. Carbon front wings are lazy and boring, especially as they're usually not the same colour as the rest of the livery, so it just looks like a lack of effort.

..and people thought HAAS didn't have many sponsors. That thing is sparse, and just adds to the default video game livery vibe.

Remember the talks of a new team joining F1 in 2022? They might be able to do a complete takeover of HAAS when they inevitably bite the dust.

Weird livery, but guessing it pays some tribute in its design to an older car? "The team’s new look captures the spirit of the team’s past, the present transformation and its drive to future ambitions as it heads into its first full season of ownership under US based Investment company, Dorilton Capital."

Is it also safe to say Williams may be more of the American team than Haas now? :P

Last edited:
Mildly disappointed with the Haas and Williams, but it's fine. They can't all be lookers. Bring on Bahrain and Drive to Survive S03 E01!

Weird livery, but guessing it pays some tribute in its design to an older car? "The team’s new look captures the spirit of the team’s past, the present transformation and its drive to future ambitions as it heads into its first full season of ownership under US based Investment company, Dorilton Capital."

Is it also safe to say Williams may be more of the American team than Haas now? :P

Williams and McLaren are more American than Haas as it is.

Actually thinking about it, I guess the livery is exactly what you'd expect from an Investment Firm. I'm actually surprised it doesn't have some business buzzwords on it.

Also, wonder if they've called up Ron to take over as team boss? His Ronspeak combined with his preference for grey dullness seems the perfect fit.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back