2021 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 341 comments
New liveries for the Corvette team for Sebring.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/new-liveries-for-corvette-c8-rs-at-sebring/

corvette2.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

corvette3.jpg

I feel like if they were silver instead of that grey, these stripes would work so much better and would actually pop.

Having seen these on track and with the natural light, they actually look alright and they are silver as it turns out. Those pictures don't properly show it well under that tent lighting.

Last edited:
Hello, GTPlaneteers! Happy weekend!

As far as that Corvette goes, it would look better if it had a livery like that Compuware Corvette C5R. I kind of like the silver/white combination. Haven't seen a lovelier silver Corvette race car since the black/silver Goodwrench Chevrolet C5R from 1999. As for the actual race, I have seen maybe a half hour of the race since 11:30 AM Eastern Time.

Hello, GTPlaneteers! Happy weekend!

As far as that Corvette goes, it would look better if it had a livery like that Compuware Corvette C5R. I kind of like the silver/white combination. Haven't seen a lovelier silver Corvette race car since the black/silver Goodwrench Chevrolet C5R from 1999. As for the actual race, I have seen maybe a half hour of the race since 11:30 AM Eastern Time.
I agree about the Goodwrench. I really prefer yellow but if not then the silver and black Goodwrench throwback would have been cool.

Last edited:
HUGE crash for the #8 LMP2 car.

Also it appears the #48 Ally car will be disqualified due to exceeding Pagenaud's maximum drive time by 50 seconds.

GM will announce their future plans in the next month or so. My guess is a Corvette branded LMDh program as I can't see GM doing a full blown support program like GT3 requires (unless they give them a pass like WC did during the Cadillac GT3 era).

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/gm-decision-on-lmdh-gtd-pro-in-next-45-days/

These parts are also interesting...

It comes amid expected imminent confirmation from multiple LMDh manufacturers that would be ready by as early as the 2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season.

Sportscar365 understands that both BMW and Lexus have also continued evaluations, along with at least one other undisclosed manufacturer.

Granted we've seen stuff like this before, notably in the buildup for DPi, but there seems to be a different vibe right now with LMDh being eligible for Le Mans. Hopefully the manufacturers are doing more than simply "showing interest".

Last edited:
Lexus is the most interesting. They have a history with the Daytona Prototype class in Grand-Am, and while not a popular car, a pretty successful GT3 program in IMSA. Wonder if Toyota looked at Audi and Porsche running two programs within the same parent company, and thought, "Why not us?"

Not sure it's really much in the way of news - but heard that Magnussen is leaving to drive a Peugeot LMH after this season.

Back