2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Wow I guess I left a lasting... "L-Word" on you guys. However as I said before no need to fret I'll be good...

So what are your predictions for the truck race?

That it will be cleaner than the cup race.
That there are more entries for the Truck race than the Cup race (44 vs 39 plus Stewart Friesen's wife will be running to potentially become the 2nd couple duo to run in a race) is very concerning.

Question: How heavy are the cars that normally run the dirt bullrings? The Cup cars are monstrous heavy, and I'd hate to see anyone go through the fence.

That there are more entries for the Truck race than the Cup race (44 vs 39 plus Stewart Friesen's wife will be running to potentially become the 2nd couple duo to run in a race) is very concerning.

I don't really find it that concerning to be honest. The trucks have been racing on dirt since 2013 and even if the Bristol round is a one off it seems they are determined to keep one dirt round on the calendar. Combine that with the fact the chassis has been pretty much the same for an insanely long time and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon makes prepping a truck for 1 race a much better investment proposition.

I don't really find it that concerning to be honest. The trucks have been racing on dirt since 2013 and even if the Bristol round is a one off it seems they are determined to keep one dirt round on the calendar. Combine that with the fact the chassis has been pretty much the same for an insanely long time and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon makes prepping a truck for 1 race a much better investment proposition.

They have Knoxville this year as well so everyone should be more prepared for dirt

Adam Bomb

D232843E-9D71-485E-8A35-FB47153BBA5E.jpeg

Last edited:
Pro-Invitational from Dirt Bristol is on now on FS1
Timmy Hill advances to the main. Elliott, Truex, Jr, Bowyer and Hamlin all dnq.

Byron wins the Bristol E-Race.

Last edited:
Highlights from practice, seems the track crew will be busy all weekend, especially since there’s a chance of rain pretty much all weekend.

Last edited:
The trucks made it a whole lap before they had to throw the red flag due to the trucks being covered in mud to the point drivers couldn’t see. :scared:

Also, so far the “accidentally saying Eldora” count is at 2, at least that I’ve noticed.

So far I don’t like what I’m seeing with the trucks. I don’t know who decided they were going to run windshields but as you can see, it’s a bad idea. Dirt cars and off road cars do not run them for a reason. Kind of dumb IMO.

So far I don’t like what I’m seeing with the trucks. I don’t know who decided they were going to run windshields but as you can see, it’s a bad idea. Dirt cars and off road cars do not run them for a reason. Kind of dumb IMO.
Arca has run dirt races for years with windshields with no issues. Trucks ran at Eldora for a couple of years with no issue. Yesterday during practice the windshields weren’t an issue.

The issue is NASCAR trying to start the race when the track is too wet.

Last edited:
Arca has run dirt races for years with windshields with no issues. Trucks ran at eldora for a couple of years with no issue. Yesterday during practice the windshields weren’t an issue.

The issue is NASCAR trying to start the race when the track is too wet.

So I guess if it rains tomorrow we can get out the Air Titans and dry the track for several hours lol

Truck race will run tomorrow after the Cup Series race.
The Truck Series heat races and Cup Series heat races have been cancelled.

Last edited:
I’ll be surprised if they get either race in tomorrow. It seems there is a good chance it will be raining until 4pm tomorrow and considering how today went the track will need a long time to sufficiently dry.

For years I have scoffed and pretty much ignored modern NASCAR. I have spent quite a lot of time and enjoy watching videos about older NASCAR and all the Stories, Tragedies and cool things that came with that. I even started watching bits of JR's podcast as I found the episodes when he talked to Schrader, Richard Childress, DW, Rick Hendrick Etc. very intresting.

I like what they are doing with the New Gen car so I thought in anticipation of that coming I would make an effort to follow this season and watched all the Truck, Xfinity and cup races highlights as soon as they went on to youtube and i'm really enjoying it so far. I guess I always kind of liked NASCAR as I like any form of motorsport really but something always stopped me from watching it even though I found the history and especially the 80's, 90's and early 00's so rich and interesting to learn about.

So yeah.... I'm hooked I guess. :lol: I own a Ford in IRL so I guess Lets go Penske!!!!!!!!! (acts like S/Haas doesn't exist)

Last edited:
Back