2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments

So it begins. So that’s the charter currently used by the 77 and the charter that Trackhouse leases for the 99 going to Kaulig. Either Kaulig will have 2 cars or they’ll, in turn, lease the second one.

EDIT: Apparently Haley is going to drive for them full-time and Allmendinger will drive part-time, but still unclear if the second car will be chartered or an open car.

Last edited:

So it begins. So that’s the charter currently used by the 77 and the charter that Trackhouse leases for the 99 going to Kaulig. Either Kaulig will have 2 cars or they’ll, in turn, lease the second one.

EDIT: Apparently Haley is going to drive for them full-time and Allmendinger will drive part-time, but still unclear if the second car will be chartered or an open car.

So what happens to the 99's Charter? Kaulig said they will be using 2.

So what happens to the 99's Charter? Kaulig said they will be using 2.

They would’ve had to either buy one or lease a different one anyway next year since you’re only allowed to lease a specific charter one year per four year period. So I’m sure they had a backup plan.

Rick Ware stands to make a ton of money from this, I’m sure his phone is ringing off the hook with people asking about his charters.

Last edited:
As someone who has absolutely no idea about NASCAR I'd be rather surprised to see the trucks go away. Americans are so in love with them (I'm not American - yet) and if a car category is so loved, racing is inevitable imho. But as I said, I have no idea about NASCAR, so I'm most likely totally wrong :)

It's not so much a question of popularity as much as the fact the Trucks are long overdue for a new chassis formula and isn't really essential for driver development. Having said that, the electric series could still use truck's for their design as GM and Ford have recently unveiled electric trucks and Toyota seems to have one in the pipeline.

Rick Ware stands to make a ton of money from this, I’m sure his phone is ringing off the hook with people asking about his charters.

I heard a rumor awhile back that he was going to 2 cars next year, so it seems he will indeed be quite a bit richer at the start of next year if true. Hopefully such a move would also be a sign that he is tired of being the laughing stock of the Cup Series and is actually going to try building a competitive team (I doubt it).

Just remembered to post this, but Round 2 of the Superstar Racing Experience from Knoxville Raceway is live now on CBS.

Seems like someone should take the time to make an SRX thread so there is no cross racing series discussion. I have like zero interest in SRX. But don’t do it on my account.

In a surprise twist that no one saw coming, Aric Almirola wins the pole.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Maybe a stupid question here but nevertheless here we go :)

While we haven’t decided yet but we may go to the Pocono races next week. I’ve never been to a NASCAR weekend. Is there anything beyond the races? There will be 2 races on Saturday and Sunday each (not sure whether we would go on Friday for the ARCA race). I’m familiar with a typical race weekend on a regular track like an IMSA weekend but don’t know what to expect on an oval.

Pocono isn’t too far away from us, so we probably would skip staying overnight. If it’s only the races, then we wouldn’t even have to get up super early to get there.

Thank you!

Hey guys,

Maybe a stupid question here but nevertheless here we go 🙂

While we haven’t decided yet but we may go to the Pocono races next week. I’ve never been to a NASCAR weekend. Is there anything beyond the races? There will be 2 races on Saturday and Sunday each (not sure whether we would go on Friday for the ARCA race). I’m familiar with a typical race weekend on a regular track like an IMSA weekend but don’t know what to expect on an oval.

Pocono isn’t too far away from us, so we probably would skip staying overnight. If it’s only the races, then we wouldn’t even have to get up super early to get there.

Thank you!
I’ve only been to Pocono Raceway once back in 2015. But when I went, there were merchandise trailers, a go kart track setup, and I think there was a local band playing the morning of the race. But that was before the event became a doubleheader, and pre-pandemic, so not sure what they’d have up there now.

I’ve only been to Pocono Raceway once back in 2015. But when I went, there were merchandise trailers, a go kart track setup, and I think there was a local band playing the morning of the race. But that was before the event became a doubleheader, and pre-pandemic, so not sure what they’d have up there now.
Same set up as I had. Mostly was a lot of merchandise trailers but the last time I was there was in 2012. If you get there around 8 or 9 AM you shouldn't have any issues.

Blaney out with a brake failure, the Penske curse seems to have spread from their IndyCar program to their NASCAR one.

Hey guys,

Thank you!
One of the best places to see what's happening is the track website. Also check local websites (TV City maybe even local radio websites)

Just me or is this race going slowly? Just 100 laps down.
Might be because we’ve had a lot of cautions so far. Might also be because we’re running the same distance as a race at Dover, but with a track that has a much lower average lap speed because of the reduced banking.

One of the best places to see what's happening is the track website. Also check local websites (TV City maybe even local radio websites)
I did check the track website but it wasn’t really forthcoming apart from the race times. I will call them tomorrow and ask them.

I did check the track website but it wasn’t really forthcoming apart from the race times. I will call them tomorrow and ask them.
Was just looking at the website as well. Look like their will be a carnival free for ticket holders on all 3 days. Infield is having some concerts if you plan on camping there.

First time ever I am able to say I’m bummed out for Kyle Busch. Able to hold on and be quick for so long. But Larson definitely stepping things up can only be a good thing. Very mid 90s Gordon feel.

Sterling performance by Larson in the Hendrick #5.
That track was awesome! I sure hope to see it again next year.
High hp, low downforce, 14 degree banking, 1.33 mile = a great race.

Last edited:
Sterling performance by Larson in the Hendrick #5.
That track was awesome! I sure hope to see it again next year.
High hp, low downforce, 14 degree banking, 1.33 mile = a great race.
That’s what I was thinking as well. Not sure it was the track, or the concrete surface.

Really gives the Fairground’s Speedway a big competitor.

Frustrating race if you are a Chase Elliott fan, but on to Pocono I guess. I'm sure Jeff Gordon is pushing hard to make sure his guy finally gets his ring this year. 🙄

Hey guys,

Thank you!
They've had similar setups for the years I've gone (the August 2009 race and almost all of the IndyCar races up until the last one) where they had a small karting section, displays, merchandise trailers, the 'Fan Village' where they did meet & greets with the drivers, music, and whatnot. Not sure how much has changed with COVID-19, in particular the fan village stuff might be heavily restricted, but it's similar to other race weekends like the IMSA ones you mentioned... but you have to pay for a pit pass and whatnot, unlike IMSA where it's typically included in the entire ticket price.

Back