2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
It’s still excruciating watching faster cars try to overcome the all-powerful clean air, but Pocono is one of the few tracks that has been improved by high downforce. Both races have been better than usual for this track, and I feel like I said the same thing last year.

Last edited:
Kyle Busch hangs on and saves enough fuel to win the Sunday Pocono race. Wallace finishes 5th, Ryan Preece 7th.

The 9 team could have potentially won that, that whole team better turn it around in the playoffs. #Pissed

Congrats to Candy boy.

I’m loving all the different strategies today.
Correction: I “was” loving all the different strategies, until Byron had to pit with 3 to go. Byron had a legit chance to win that if that final caution hadn’t been thrown.

Last edited:
I wonder what the odds of 2 major races taking place in the same region on the same day coming down to fuel mileage are?

Nice win by Busch and great runs by Wallace and Preece, both those teams needed strong runs. Now we're finally on to Road America, early forecast seems rather nice, especially if you're camping there. Can't wait to finally see these guys in person. 😊

That Saturday finish brought back a bad memory as a Mayfield fan for me. 😧 Devastating for both, as Larson was going for 4 straight (not counting the All Star Race) and Mayfield was going for the Pocono sweep that season after the Earnhardt bump in the first race.

Race 2 was exciting too seeing the differing strategies. Hats off to Busch for pulling it off considering his transmission troubles. Larson too for coming from the back and overcoming the nose damage.

I have to imagine this means the 1 or the 42 team is shutting down completely. If Kurt is indeed moving to 23XI, that team looks to be the casualty.
It’s going to be a two car team with Suarez and a second driver TBA. I have a feeling Kurt will stay (there was rumours of him going to Trackhouse just as much as him going to 23XI) and Chastain will be kicked to the curb

Trackhouse doesn’t currently have a shop of their own (RCR maintains their cars) so they’ll be moving into the Ganassi shop until they achieve their goal of moving to Nashville someday.

Ross HASSS to be staying with Trackhouse. What I want to know is if they'll use Hendrick or Earnhardt engines next year.

Last edited:
Ross HASSS to be staying with Trackhouse. What I want to know is they'll use Hendrick or Earnhardt engines next year.
Those two merged before this year, there’s only one Chevy engine supplier currently, just like the other manufacturers.

If Chastain leaves I can see him ending up in the 77 next year. He and Lajoie would be a good team.

Last edited:
Those two merged before this year, there’s only one Chevy engine supplier currently, just like the other manufacturers.

If Chastain leaves I can see him ending up in the 77 next year. He and Lajoie would be a good team.
I thought they were just sharing data at this point.

Spire is running just LaJoie in the #7 next year, they sold their other 2 charters to Kaulig.
My guess is that if Monster follows Kurt the #1 charter will get leased to Kaulig.
I guess in a way I called it, granted my prediction was that Ganassi would downsize, not completely leave the series. This really has been an interesting silly season and it’s hardly even started!

Austin Dillon isn’t off to the best start, at least it wasn’t his Cup car.

D9C6D884-0532-4D31-862D-DE33E6CC646B.jpeg
6100F414-9CA9-4599-9904-D16E7E88548C.jpeg

How’d ge find himself off there? That takes some real talent to crash in that corner.
I’ve been wondering that myself, unfortunately I didn’t get there until after the fact. My best guess is the brakes failed and he just threw it into the corner sideways to soften the blow.

Y'know I wonder if the new game gets announced during this weekend's race? Just seems like the perfect time and all with it being the fourth of july as well.

I've learned so much about road racing since the sport has injected more road courses. It's made me want to become a better driver on these kind of courses in video games.

Latest Posts

Back