2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Lol everyone in the same situation as Hamlin would have been pissed to.
I don't have a problem with Denny being mad, that's understandable. What I have a problem with is his conduct after the race, you lost, suck it up and be professional about it. The whole "he has the fastest car in the field but finishes 10th" comment is pretty golden as well considering how his season has gone.

Lol everyone in the same situation as Hamlin would have been pissed to. You don’t have to like the dude. NASCAR fan base is horrible.
I understand that he would be damned mad, especially after coming all the way from the back of the field at the start, but Hamlin's developed a reputation of sniping at people on and off the track because he thinks they're less talented than he thinks he is, and frankly it's gotten rather grating.

It also doesn't help that Hamlin's crew chief straight up told him on the radio that Bowman spun him intentionally, when that obviously wasn't what happened.

Last edited:
I understand that he would be damned mad, especially after coming all the way from the back of the field at the start, but Hamlin's developed a reputation of sniping at people on and off the track because he thinks they're less talented than he thinks he is, and frankly it's gotten rather grating.

It also doesn't help that Hamlin's crew chief straight up told him on the radio that Bowman spun him intentionally, when that obviously wasn't what happened.
Soo blame the CC then?

Caught the highlights, to me it seemed like Bowman just got a little hot into the corner and dumped Denny by accident. The commentary team mentions this, but considering how much braking is required at Martinsville, I wouldn't be surprised if the 48 had some decent brake fade up front which further caused Bowman to understeer into the 11. Also, while I normally don't like to rag on drivers being emotional, because I know it's part of their competitive nature, Hamlin's comments after the race were just...stupid. I get being mad at an unfortunate circumstance, but it does seem like he always talks down drivers that he feels are "below" him.

That being said, while not exactly professional, Denny putting his car in front of Bowmans was, in terms of overall display, kinda cool. It gave me some real NFS Pro Street vibes. I really would've loved it if Bowman did a burnout against him, though.

Also, it seems Bowman (or at least his marketing/PR team) have learned a thing or two from Elliot.

Last edited:
To refer to Denny Hamlin as garbage is an actual insult to garbage. At this point I'd rather see NASCAR (aka WWE on 4 wheels) gift their Prince another title as in 2020. Plus the fact that Hamlin was so influential in setting up the team for the epitome of trash known as Bubba Wallace is just a further reason to dislike the guy.

Elliott started the shirt thing now?
Probably not (I distinctly remember KB putting out a shirt based on a comment he made to the media a couple years ago), but Chases' off-season shirt generated a ridiculous amount of fanfare, and probably sales, so I wouldn't be surprised if all the teams are trying to look for little moments like that to slap on a T-shirt.

Probably not (I distinctly remember KB putting out a shirt based on a comment he made to the media a couple years ago), but Chases' off-season shirt generated a ridiculous amount of fanfare, and probably sales, so I wouldn't be surprised if all the teams are trying to look for little moments like that to slap on a T-shirt.

I have a couple Kyle T-Shirts. The first one was "everything is great" from 2017 and the other is the KFB shirt from 2020. The money went to charity so happy to help in that way. I'm not sure either Elliott's Happy Christmas shirt or Bowman's Hack shirt support any cause but be cool if they did.

Couldn't watch the race yesterday, recorded it and watched it today. The last 100 laps or so were pretty good.

I just got around to watching the race. It got a little crazy at the end there. Considering how easily tires have been going down recently, I can't believe Truex didn't have a flat by the end of the race.

Also how many drivers does Hamlin have a beef with now? Logano, Elliott (who he previously dumped himself at Martinsville a few years ago and whose feud continues to this day), and now Bowman. I understand being angry about getting taken out, but damn. Maybe he needs some time to cool off after races, because he always quips something derogatory about someone else as soon as he steps out of the car. Funny how the "hack" has two more wins than him this season. :lol: Anyway, he still has a chance to win his championship this year. I like to see new winners and champions, but it makes it difficult to pull for someone when they keep acting like an ass.

I must have missed this but Kyle Busch used a derogatory word on air following his 2nd place finish at Martinsville when referencing Brad Keselowski's last corner pass attempt (word rhymes with "petard"). He will be required to complete sensitivity training before the 2022 Daytona 500.

Slightly related to that, Matt DiBenedetto joked on social media that the world has become too soft and quoted the Kyle Busch punishment. Following severe backlash from social media users, he has deleted his account. I can't help but imagine that will not help his chances of landing a ride for 2022.

Last edited:
I must have missed this but Kyle Busch used a derogatory word on air following his 2nd place finish at Martinsville when referencing Brad Keselowski's last corner pass attempt (word rhymes with "petard"). He will be required to complete sensitivity training before the 2022 Daytona 500.

Slightly related to that, Matt DiBenedetto joked on social media that the world has become too soft and quoted the Kyle Busch punishment. Following severe backlash from social media users, he has deleted his account. I can't help but imagine that will not help his chances of landing a ride for 2022.
It's genuinely impressive to me how Matty D has had such a turn around in terms of fan reception over such a short period of time.

With the world currently running wild with cancel culture fever and just looking for an excuse to spray their bile at someone, even if they have no actual investment in the person or the context of what they said, that prooooobably wasn't the best move on Matt's part. Or Kyle's, for that matter.

Don't see anything mentioned for Bowman's shirt, but the Elliott Store is donating a portion of those shirts and sweatshirts sales to Toys for Tots.
Update to this:

Yeah, I think he single-handedly has just unemployed himself. Shame really, just means we won't see what would've happened if he would've turned "Diburrito" into a profitable business.
With the world currently running wild with cancel culture fever and just looking for an excuse to spray their bile at someone, even if they have no actual investment in the person or the context of what they said, that prooooobably wasn't the best move on Matt's part. Or Kyle's, for that matter.
At least with Kyle, it was the typical "In the heat of the moment" stuff (Not necessarily defending it but I can relate to being abit insensitive when the rage meter was at its highest), but Matt just should've not said anything at all. There are times where its safer to just leave it be and stay out of it.

Last edited:
People starting to realize Matty D is an actual hack. The love affair people had with him is over finally. He has never done much to market himself and now he's just taken a weird completely non-marketable approach for a guy who has no 2022 plans lined up. Enjoy the couch next season Dibby!

People starting to realize Matty D is an actual hack. The love affair people had with him is over finally. He has never done much to market himself and now he's just taken a weird completely non-marketable approach for a guy who has no 2022 plans lined up. Enjoy the couch next season Dibby!
At least he'll get to race in his underwear more often.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pulling for Dinger to take home the Xfinity Series title on Saturday. I think it's important that a new team like Kaulig finds success in this super tough sport.

On the Kyle Busch situation. At least NASCAR is being consistent with it. They made Deegan so the same and Larson when he used the biiiiiiggg no no. I understand Kyle is Kyle and I love mad Kyle because he not only is it hilarious some of the stuff he says, but also there is a lot of truth to what he says. People just like that dull never speak up personality nowadays. I do not say the word in question anymore because myself and my wife are care takers to someone with special needs. Kyle does a lot for kids. I know he didn't mean it as an insult to people with intellectual disabilities. But what's right is right. Hope he never thinks about saying it again. This is coming from someone who used the word regularly for a long time and hasn't in 10+ years.

Last edited:
On the Kyle Busch situation. At least NASCAR is being consistent with it. They made Deegan so the same and Larson when he used the biiiiiiggg no no. I understand Kyle is Kyle and I love mad Kyle because he not only is it hilarious some of the stuff he says, but also there is a lot of truth to what he says. People just like that dull never speak up personality nowadays. I do not say the word in question anymore because myself and my wife are care takers to someone with special needs. Kyle does a lot for kids. I know he didn't mean it as an insult to people with intellectual disabilities. But what's right is right. Hope he never thinks about saying it again. This is coming from someone who used the word regularly for a long time and hasn't in 10+ years.
Kyle was dropping bombs left and right in that interview, I was actually surprised after him having such a quiet race lol

Kyle was dropping bombs left and right in that interview, I was actually surprised after him having such a quiet race lol
The thing with Kyle is if he interviews people complain. And if he declines interviews people complain. I love the realness of Kyle and I wish more were like that. Just shouldn't say certain things and I'm sure he'll never use this particular insult in the future. Other than that and a couple of other words, have at it Kyle!

You are 100% correct. Matty D spoke the truth. And granted he paid for it by being attacked on social media. He has his pride that those people will never be able to take from him.

The thing with Kyle is if he interviews people complain. And if he declines interviews people complain. I love the realness of Kyle and I wish more were like that. Just shouldn't say certain things and I'm sure he'll never use this particular insult in the future. Other than that and a couple of other words, have at it Kyle!
I’m not a KB fan but some of the tv folk set him up with crap questions.
FWIW I didn’t watch Sundays race or anything other than Hamlin pouting on track after race.
I’m just going off races past.

Last edited:
I’m not a KB fan but some of the tv folk set him up with crap questions.
FWIW I didn’t watch Sundays race or anything other than Hamlin pouting on track after race.
I’m just going off races past.
KB is the Trump of NASCAR. Always good for a short clip of saying something that’ll rile up the fan base and get some headlines on the non sports media.

Hamlin acting like this can’t help his team either. How’s marketing staffs going to spin stuff like this to their bosses to keep up sponsorships when the team boss acts like a really sad loser?

Back