2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
I know the 9ners basically have no chance...but they also had basically no chance the last 3 weeks. I'm happy though regardless of the outcome, because I like all the remaining teams. Good to see Matthew Stafford on a good team finally.

Dear Mara & Tisch,

Please hire Sean Payton as the NY Giants next head coach.

Sincerely,

Common Sense

Jerome

Sad Lions noises

They're going to hire Matt Nagy, aren't they?
I dunno, I haven't read up on my Giants news site in a couple days. But if they promise their searches for a new GM and DC will be vast, and given Payton's credentials, it's a no-brianer (unless he's already been signed?).

Jerome

I was a bit distraught when the Bucs came back and levelled with us, but I was forgetting that Stafford is not bad at the old 4th quarter comeback (even though we were never behind.)

Hopefully the 49ers run of 6 wins in a row against us ends on Sunday.

Do you think he can get something out of Daniel Jones?
Honestly, I think he's kind of an unknown still given our horrible O Line. Even Saquon looks human. Playing Monday Morning GM and all...I'd keep Jones unless it's possible to land the likes of Wilson or Rodgers #daydream. I think he's still on his cheap rookie contract for the last year coming up, so if they can actually rebuild the O Line properly, couple that with what Saquon 'could' bring, and given his flashes of good-ness, I think it'd warrant another year with him. It is a tall ask, but not impossible.

Jerome

It's official- Ben Roethlisberger is now retired. Big Ben was a solid and fearful QB, and I have always respected him. Going from being a Redhawk of Miami University (Ohio) to 18 seasons of NFL service (all with the Pittsburgh Steelers) and two trips to the Super Bowl (winning both of them), Ben Roethlisberger, to me, is going to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I wish Ben Roethlisberger the best in his retirement.

We got a head coach in Brain Daboll. This was my 2nd choice behind Sean Payton. Good credentials on paper. Now we just need to land Rodgers or Wilson 🤞

Can't wait for Sunday, gonna be a couple great games I bet!

Jerome

Last edited:
(Tree'd)

Tom Brady recently announced his retirement from the National Football League. Wow! This came completely out of left field! He retires after six Super Bowl wins and 22 seasons in the NFL. He was one who wasn't drafted very high but had an awesome run in the NFL.

Whether you loved or loathed Tom Brady, there is no question he's a first-ballot, first-name Hall of Famer. Truly a GOAT (greatest of all time). I wish Tom Brady well in his retirement.

Four teams will play in two games, with two slots into Super Bowl LVI on the line. Like with all games at this level- win or go home. Will the AFC Champions be the Cincinnati Bengals or the Kansas City Chiefs? Will the NFC Champions be the San Francisco 49ers or the Los Angeles Rams? If the Rams win, then Super Bowl LVI will be a glorified home game for the Los Angeles Rams, since Super Bowl LVI is at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California- home to the Chargers and the Rams.

Enjoy today's action!

It's weird to think we went all those years without a team playing a SuperBowl in their home stadium and now it's happened in consecutive years.

I don't really care who wins, as long as it's good and the halftime show delivers.

Yeah this is the first Super Bowl since... XLVII that I have no care at all who wins. Should be fun for once.

Last edited:
Haven't looked yet but wonder who's going to the Super bowl. Better get stocked up on chips,dip and drinks and other snacks!

A couple of interesting things. Zac Taylor will be taking on Sean McVay. And I completely forgot about former, longtime Bengal Whitworth until I saw him on the stage postgame. Cool to see Stafford finally in a place where he can compete for a trophy (but hopefully not at the expense of my Bengals).

What I DON'T like is that it's essentially a Rams' home game. :grumpy:

A couple of interesting things. Zac Taylor will be taking on Sean McVay. And I completely forgot about former, longtime Bengal Whitworth until I saw him on the stage postgame. Cool to see Stafford finally in a place where he can compete for a trophy (but hopefully not at the expense of my Bengals).

Don't worry. There will probably be more Bengals fans there than Rams fans, just like a regular Rams home game.

Can't pick who l'd like to see win the Super Bowl. Bengals would be a great story but so would Stafford, after being stuck in Detroit for all those years.

Should be an entertaining game regardless.

I wonder what the avg. min. and max prices are for SB tickets now adays.

Jerome

Because of the alternating home/away schedule for the SB, the Rams are actually the visitors this year, which affects things such as uniform choice, coin toss, and locker room.

Because of the alternating home/away schedule for the SB, the Rams are actually the visitors this year, which affects things such as uniform choice, coin toss, and locker room.
So they're "away", but still home. But uniform choice, eh? I hope the Bengals end up in their orange jerseys. I wore my orange Houshmandzadeh one today at work.

Back