2021 NTT Indy Car SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 291 comments
Wouldn't Road America suit to Formula One? This track never disappoints in Indycar.
No, because the track would have to be modified to such an extent that it wouldn't really be Road America anymore. Also, it's in rural Wisconsin and F1 is probably too high-falootin' to go there and be around farmers and such.

EDIT: 1,400th post sweet christmas!

Last edited:
No, because the track would have to be modified to such an extent that it wouldn't really be Road America anymore. Also, it's in rural Wisconsin and F1 is probably too high-falootin' to go there and be around farmers and such.

EDIT: 1,400th post sweet christmas!
Wonderful old-style track, the least it needs is hosting an F1 borefest party.

Last edited:
Sounds like Hinch and RHR are very much on the hot seat.

I do kind of wonder if cutting back to 2 cars like Ganassi did a few years back would be of benefit to them.

Ferrucci with RLL again for Mid-Ohio. Hopefully they pick him up full time for 2022.

It would be nice to see, I think he's done a lot to improve his reputation during his time in IndyCar.

That could have been so much worse, Will Power is lucky.
That was a fun little battle to watch, shame how it ended. Guaranteed both Dixon and Power had huge grins under their helmets right to that spin.

I enjoy watching races at Mid-Ohio, not a ton of passing but I don't care, looks like a great place to drive a race car. Great drive by Newgarden, too!

Pretty big news on the US television front. We like to trash talk the guys in the booth, but at least they’re entertaining. And even more of them on the main NBC channel next year.

Last edited:
Considering it seems TrackPass content is also heading to Peacock next year it seems the service will be a must for racing fans next year.

Some more news has come out today, this time surrounding Coyne. First is the fact Vasser-Sullivan is planning on splitting with Coyne after 2022 and running their own team. Second is the fact Grosjean is apparently going elsewhere next year.

It also seems there is a chance we could see the full season grid count grow to 27 cars next year. Obviously that depends on the teams looking to expand being able to find the funding and other teams not cutting back, but the mere prospect is intriguing.

A.J. Foyt Enterprises:
4- TBA
14- TBA
(I just put both as TBA as I'm not sure of either drivers contract status, I'd imagine as long as both drivers want to be at Foyt they will have their ride still next season)

Andretti Autosport:
26 - Colton Herta
27 - Alexander Rossi
28 - TBA
29 - TBA

Arrow McLaren SP:
5 - Pato O'Ward
7 - Felix Rosenqvist (?)
? - They've been said to want a third car, no clue how close it is to happening.

Carlin:
59 - Max Chilton/TBA

Chip Ganassi Racing:
8 - Marcus Ericsson
9 - Scott Dixon
10 - Alex Palou
48 - Jimmie Johnson/Tony Kanaan

Dale Coyne & Friends:
18 - TBA
51 - TBA

Ed Carpenter Racing:
20 - Ed Carpenter/TBA
21 - Reenus VeeKay (unless a bigger team steals him)

Meyer Shank Racing:
06 - Helio Castroneves
60 - TBA

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
15 - Graham Rahal
30 - TBA
45 - TBA (certainly seems they are going to 3 cars full time)

Team Penske:
2 - Josef Newgarden
3 - Scott McLaughlin
12 - Will Power
22 - TBA

Last edited:
Back at the old Nurburgring the F1 cars could be seen with all 4 wheels well off the ground at places around the circuit. Now at Music City we will see the same rare phenomena at the bridge across the river. Measures have been taken to prevent flying cars from going into the river.

Bold prediction for the race today. The leaders don’t make it across the bridge on lap 1 before someone hits a wall.

Back at the old Nurburgring the F1 cars could be seen with all 4 wheels well off the ground at places around the circuit. Now at Music City we will see the same rare phenomena at the bridge across the river. Measures have been taken to prevent flying cars from going into the river.
Think the last lace IndyCar ran the cars were getting air was Baltimore? That was a rough one, too. I note they still have rescue boats in the river.

Bold prediction for the race today. The leaders don’t make it across the bridge on lap 1 before someone hits a wall.
That's the safe bet.

Almost had it. 4 stalls bringing out the yellow before the leaders finish crossing the bridge.

Slow start to proceedings. Ericsson and Bourdais get together on the restart.

Well the walls haven't claimed anyone yet but Kellett had his steering wheel popped out and now Ericsson ran over Bourdais.

Oh, bloody hell. Looking at this track during the runup to the race it looked like a worse idea than most street circuits. And I usually like street circuits.

When you Hamilton your own teammate.

Edit: lol and get the Hamilton response from the stewards; even after they specifically note that they are moving the guy you hit to the back of the field for being in an accident that caused a complete stoppage. Screw this race.

Last edited:
Back