2021 NTT Indy Car SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 291 comments
Starting to wonder how long we actually have left to race. They're burning some daylight and it's not even halfway yet

Heartbreak for Colton Herta. Crashes with 5 to go while in second place hunting down the leader after leading most of the race.

E8TOfkkXEAIU5NL

Here's the race winner pointing towards the sky eariler.

I honestly can't think of a reason why they should return to this track. The race was a mess.

Little redemption for Powah! Although, with Will, you watch to the end because you never know...

Not as action packed as Nashville but I really enjoyed this race, there was some good racing through the field, some drama and intrigue. Bit gutted for Palou, though.

Last edited:
Hinch really isn't making a case for a spot on the grid next year, at least he is good in the booth.

Hinch really isn't making a case for a spot on the grid next year, at least he is good in the booth.
He really isn't and I like him, but he's way off this year. That said, his holding up Power today was good teamwork, would not expect any different if it was a Penske car and Herta trying to overtake, so fair play to him.

Saw this this morning on the IndyCar FB page, after Nashville I thought it was pretty good!

Last edited:
That said, his holding up Power today was good teamwork, would not expect any different if it was a Penske car and Herta trying to overtake, so fair play to him.
Definitely no argument there, it's more the fact he was even in position for that to happen in the first place.

RLL and HyVee are having a press conference this Thursday and it's believed the subject will be the return of Iowa and not the third car. Considering how heavily HyVee has been featuring racing in their marketing, I think they would be a fantastic partner for the race.

I know IndyStar is paywalled, but really all the needed info is in the headline.

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't really help that his team at AA is kinda just spare parts with Brian Barnhart as crew chief iirc. There's an article somewhere about it that I have to find...

That being said, if he does get forced out (although he has the backing to not be) he'd do a hell of a job in the booth if he wants that.

EDIT: Found this article instead by accident...

Last edited:
I was hoping they would have escaped the late July slot, but as long as at least one of the races is at night it shouldn’t be that bad. Hopefully the turn out is good this time around, I know I will be there for certain.

Nice with another oval back in the calender. Would really like another superspeedway oval as well though.

Yeah, it doesn't really help that his team at AA is kinda just spare parts with Brian Barnhart as crew chief iirc. There's an article somewhere about it that I have to find...

That being said, if he does get forced out (although he has the backing to not be) he'd do a hell of a job in the booth if he wants that.

EDIT: Found this article instead by accident...
Hinch used to commentate along with Jeremy Shaw on Champcar all the way back in 2007 for us on Eurosport. I believe he was in Atlantics at that point.

This race has been a mess so far, several drivers out already including Palou.

Edit: Grosjean is on fire in a good way!

Last edited:
This race has been a mess so far, several drivers out already including Palou.

Edit: Grosjean is on fire in a good way!
Grosjean did really well, very impressive drive. Like how he said he was dizzy getting out. He obviously took the challenge seriously enough to put some study into it. O'Ward is shaping up to be quite the circle track driver, his race was impressive as well, and Herta, man, that cartoon anvil just can't help but hit the Andretti team, can it? There were a fair number of incidents, some dumber than others, but I sure didn't stop watching.

Back