2022/23 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 434 comments
What a goal to win it though:

Vaulks had one ruled out for offside in the build-up (correctly) which was an absolute screamer:

Barnsley's penalty claim was a non-starter - Gregory clearly got the ball first and the contact between players' legs was 50:50 - but I've seen them given. The red card was very unlucky too, but again if you're going over the ball with both feet off the floor...

With the domestic season all but over, just the FA cup to go, next season's thread is up.

I've pretty much ignored this thread this year because I've been so superstitious about Wrexham's season. It was MINDBLOWING to do it and do it how we did it. I still can't quite process it all after 15 years in the same division. And I'll take all the envy anyone throws at us; we've had our hardships and this is our fairytale ride.

See you next year.

This thread has been pretty dead for the last few months though, no one has posted on here a for days several times.

FA Cup final tomorrow, Man City v Man United in the first ever Manchester Derby in a cup final.

I don't have much hope, at all.

Surprised Rapinoe didn't make the squad. This was her chance.

Twelve seconds.

I ask you. TWELVE.
And what an exceptional goal it was.

Surprised Rapinoe didn't make the squad. This was her chance.

Happy that we're crediting ourselves at this tournament, mental that some childhood heroes of mine like Andy Morrell and Lee Trundle are playing!

I have to say the better team won, but it was an entertaining final. Both teams went for it, the first 10 minutes of the first half aside, I think it was a harder fought match than a lot of people expected. But City just have more quality, and it showed.

Nothing we could've done about that second goal, sometimes shots like that just bend between players perfectly and that was one of them. But Fred (who I thought had a decent game overall) giving away a stupid free kick that led to that corner put us under needless pressure.

Last edited:
Was always going to be tough after conceding after 12 seconds! Thought we played pretty well but City deserved to win, De Gea terrible for the second goal.

Oh well....

Last edited:
Was always going to be tough after conceding after 12 seconds! Thought we played pretty well but City deserved to win, De Gea terrible for the second goal.

Oh well....
I don't think the second goal was De Gea's fault, the ball went between several players and he had to go from covering the near post for the corner to the opposite side of goal without being able to see the ball. It was just an irritiatingly precise curve that took it between all the players for a not that cleanly hit strike. But if you don't shoot, that doesn't happen.

It has been a good season regardless, 3rd place plus a trophy so we cant really complain.

It will be interesting summer with the takeover, have read that Sir Jim is preferred bidder with Glazers getting a minority stake, Qataris haven't heard from Glazers since their last bid for club a few weeks ago.

It has been a good season regardless, 3rd place plus a trophy so we cant really complain.

It will be interesting summer with the takeover, have read that Sir Jim is preferred bidder with Glazers getting a minority stake, Qataris haven't heard from Glazers since their last bid for club a few weeks ago.
I agree, 3rd place, 2 finals and a trophy. It's better than I expected the season to go.

As for the sale, who knows what's going on. Its typically slow and drawn out with a lot of conflicting information. A bit like our transfers. The sooner the Glazers go/lose control of the club, the better.

Gundy is Captain Clutch. I'll be genuinely shocked if City loses the final vs Inter. The only teams I thought could beat them were Bayern and Madrid, but they went through them for the final, so that's that.

Back