2022/23 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 434 comments
Harry Maguire should never be playing football. Please kick him out of Manchester United and force him to retire forever!!

Newcastle are absolutely battering Spurs, 4-0 inside 20 minutes.

Edit, 5-0 in 21 minutes..

Last edited:
Spurs have sacked Stellini, its no surprise given yesterday's total collapse against Newcastle and its a bit of mess now. They sacked Conte who wanted to go then they basically got his mate in to replace him and he actually did worse, Ryan Mason is in till the end of the season.

Spurs have sacked Stellini, its no surprise given yesterday's total collapse against Newcastle and its a bit of mess now. They sacked Conte who wanted to go then they basically got his mate in to replace him and he actually did worse, Ryan Mason is in till the end of the next match..
Fixed for you.

Man City beat Arsenal 4-1 in the big title race game, De Bruyne with two plus Stones and Haaland with the City goals and Rob Holding got Arsenal's goal, it means that Arsenal's lead at the top is cut to two points with City having a game in hand and better goal difference. Arsenal have been in pretty poor form lately with no wins in their last four but there is still a lot of Football to be played and City are still in the FA Cup and Champions League too.

Elsewhere Forest picked a massive win against Brighton in their fight to survive, Chelsea lost again to Brentford this time and Liverpool beat West Ham.

So, Southampton are down (probably; 6pt from safety with four to play including Brighton and Liverpool).

Who else? I think Leeds are probably down (four games include Manchester City, Newcastle, and Spurs [who may be cack but they aren't Leeds cack]). Tough to call the last one - Everton have Manchester City and Brighton to go, Leicester have Liverpool and Newcastle, but the two also play each other and that relegation six-pointer might be the key.

Man City are destroying Real Madrid 1-0 at the moment... but with a crazy 81% of possession, and FIFA stats say that Man City are leading on attacks thus far (31 mins in) 29-0 :eek:

Last edited:
Brentford's Ivan Toney has been banned for eight months for breaching FA betting rules, the ban is from all Football with immediate effect after he admitted 232 breaches, he will be banned until 16th January 2024 and also fined £50,000.

Somebody check on @Famine
I'm still pessimistic.

Each of us lost so badly away that whoever wins AET/pens will be easy pickings for our opponents at Wembley; just watch the tapes back of the defensive frailties...

And we wouldn't even be in this position if we hadn't lost to the bottom team while top...

I'm still pessimistic.

Each of us lost so badly away that whoever wins AET/pens will be easy pickings for our opponents at Wembley; just watch the tapes back of the defensive frailties...

And we wouldn't even be in this position if we hadn't lost to the bottom team while top...
1684447072831.png

GIF by Giffffr

No-one had ever overturned a 4-0 deficit in the play-offs until tonight, incredible scenes.

I'm not a Wednesday fan, infact i favour United over them even though i live only a couple of miles away from the Hillsborough stadium, i was quite looking forward to seeing them continue battling the likes of Forest Green Rovers and the mighty Shrewsbury Town whilst United were playing the likes of City and Arsenal. I took the dogs out last night and could clearly hear the cheering 'down the road' so checked the scores (i'd forgotten they were playing the second leg last night) and the cheering was due to them going 2-0 up fairly early on. I checked again when i got in and they were still on that with 25 minutes to go, so i thought it was all over for them. It was only when i looked again in bed that i saw what a come back they'd made after that. I find myself begrudgingly saying well done, that was really impressive. It would be a real shame if they don't go up after that performance 👍

Last edited:
Quite a big weekend in the PL, City can win and probably will win the title, they can do it if Arsenal lose to Forest tomorrow or it they beat Chelsea on Sunday.

Newcastle edged closer to a top four finish with a win over Brighton last night and can get it this weekend if they win and other results go their way, its the same for Man United too.

Southampton are already relegated, Leicester can go down as well if they lose and Everton and Leeds both win.

Enjoy this preposterous game:

(28-minute highlight video for a football match :lol: We had 28 shots [56 in the tie]...)

Last edited:
Man City are this seasons Premier League Champions, Arsenal lost away to Forest giving City the title, they will receive the trophy after their game at home to Chelsea tomorrow, its their third title in a row.

With that win over Arsenal Forest are now safe, relegation battle now comes down to Everton, Leicester and Leeds, Everton got a dramatic 99th minute equalizer at Wolves today, Leeds away to West Ham tomorrow with Leicester away to Newcastle on Monday night, Newcastle need just a point to confirm a top four finish as do Man United after they won at Bournemouth and Liverpool dropped points at home to Villa.

Last edited:
Its a big weekend of domestic football, the Football League play off finals take place and its the final day of the Premier League season tomorrow.

Coventry v Luton is the Championship play off today, Carlisle v Stockport is the League Two play off tomorrow and Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday is the League One play off on bank holiday Monday.

Here are the games for the Premier League final day tomorrow.

Arsenal v Wolves
Aston Villa v Brighton (Sky)
Brentford v Man City
Chelsea v Newcastle
Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest
Everton v Bournemouth (Sky)
Leeds v Tottenham (BT)
Leicester v West Ham (Sky)
Man United v Fulham
Southampton v Liverpool

All games kick off at 4.30pm, Its all about the relegation fight, Leicester and Leeds in the drop zone with Everton just out of it, everything else has been done, Man City are Champions and all top four and European places have been confirmed, Southampton relegated.

Luton won 6-5 on penalties, they only got promoted from the National League in the 13/14 season and were a League Two team as recent as 2018!

Leeds and Leicester both relegated from the PL on the final day, Leicester beat West Ham 2-1 but it meant nothing as Everton beat Bournemouth 1-0, Leeds went down with a whimper losing 4-1 at home to Spurs, Everton survive on the final day for the second season in a row. Aston Villa claim a Europa Conference League place for finishing seventh, Spurs finish eighth and miss out on Europe.

Carlisle beat Stockport on penalties in the League Two play off final.

Back