2022/23 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 434 comments
Foden ALSO has a hat-trick now...

... with a Haaland assist. My word it's just a cheat code at this point.

Who keeps the match ball now?

Last edited:
Manchester United have let local rivals score two hattricks against them.

What a sentence to write

Fastest to 3 Premier League hat-tricks:

Andy Cole - 65 games
Fernando Torres - 64 games
Ruud van Nistelrooij - 59 games
Michael Owen - 48 games
Erling Håland - 8 games

Eight.

He's a 🤬ing freak.

I don't know when they play Liverpool but Haaland could have a double hat trick against us with the way we don't defend.

are we.png

Man City 6-3 Man United
Leeds 0-0 Villa

City took United apart in the first half and were 4-0 up, Haaland and Foden ended up with a hat-trick each, United were better in the second half with two goals from Martial and the other from Antony but we were awful and just got embarrassed....and I didn't even watch the second half.

Sinisterra sent off for Leeds for two yellows, Villa dominated after that but couldn't find the winner.

Wolves have sacked Bruno Lage.

Man City 6-3 Man United
Leeds 0-0 Villa

City took United apart in the first half and were 4-0 up, Haaland and Foden ended up with a hat-trick each, United were better in the second half with two goals from Martial and the other from Antony but we were awful and just got embarrassed....and I didn't even watch the second half.

Sinisterra sent off for Leeds for two yellows, Villa dominated after that but couldn't find the winner.

Wolves have sacked Bruno Lage.

Probably the best Lage in the world? Probably not.

And there were people saying he'd flop because he was playing in the frigging Bundesliga.
I read something the other day where he addressed this off the record. He said Man City score 100 goals each season and he felt that he could not only partake in that but improve upon it. He also mentioned that the world class players he would be around would only make his job easier. Makes sense to me and it seems to be playing out each week for him.

I read something the other day where he addressed this off the record. He said Man City score 100 goals each season and he felt that he could not only partake in that but improve upon it. He also mentioned that the world class players he would be around would only make his job easier. Makes sense to me and it seems to be playing out each week for him.
His supporting cast is much better at City than he had at Dortmund. That assist from De Bruyne yesterday was just sick. He seems to be able to thread a ball through the eye of a needle.

Football League action is on from tonight with Championship, League's One and Two. also on is Vanarama National with a big top of the table clash between Notts County and Wrexham.

There is the Champions, Europa and Conference League as well but of course there is another thread for that.

Leicester battered Forest 4-0 last night with two goals from Maddison plus strikes from Barnes and Daka.

Here's this weekend's games, a bit different this weekend.

Saturday.
Bournemouth v Leicester
Brighton v Tottenham (5.30 Sky)
Chelsea v Wolves
Man City v Southampton
Newcastle v Brentford

Sunday.
Arsenal v Liverpool (4.30 Sky)
Crystal Palace v Leeds (2pm Sky)
Everton v Man United (7pm BT)
West Ham v Fulham (2pm)

Monday.
Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa (8pm Sky)

Everton v United kicking off at 7pm on Sunday for some reason and I don't really know why, means there is no early game on Saturday.

Massive game between Arsenal and Liverpool....and Liverpool also play Man City next week!

I know that but why 7pm? West Ham played in the Europa but play at 2pm.

Bournemouth 3-1 Leicester
Man City 4-0 Southampton
Newcastle 5-1 Brentford
Chelsea 3-0 Wolves
Brighton 0-1 Spurs

An off day for Haaland with just the one goal, Cancelo, Foden and Mahrez with the other City goals in a comfortable and predictable win, Newcastle with another rout with Guimares scoring twice, Potter made sweven changes for Chelsea but still a comfortable win with Havertz, Pulisic and Broja scoring, big win for Bournemouth who are now in the top half, Brighton-Spurs just finished with Kane getting the only goal.

I know that but why 7pm? West Ham played in the Europa but play at 2pm.
It will be all about maximising viewing figures.
Everton vs Man Utd is on BT. Sky has live matches at 2pm and 4.30pm.

Can't believe Haaland only got one goal. What a waste of money 😂

Palace 2-1 Leeds
West Ham 3-1 Fulham
Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool
Everton 1-2 Man United

Saka struck twice as Arsenal go back to the top of the league after a win over Liverpool, Martinelli scored inside a minute but Nunez equalized on 34 minutes which was deserved but Saka got his first right on half time, Firmino put Liverpool level against the run of play but Saka put a penalty away after Thiago brought down Gabriel Jesus, statement win for Arsenal.

West Ham comfortably beat Fulham who's good start to the season has now evaporated, Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 700th club goal as United came from behind to win, Iwobi scored after five minutes but Antony put united level before Ronaldo got his record goal, United should've scored more though. Struijk put Leeds ahead but Eduoard and Eze goals got Palace win

Forest 1-1 Villa

Emmanuel Dennis with his first Forest goal on his first start but then Ashely Young scored a fantastic goal for Villa's equalizer, both goals came in the first half but neither side really had the quality to win the game, Forest move off bottom of the table whilst Villa stay 16th.

More bad news for Liverpool as Luis Diaz is out until after the World Cup with a knee injury, it won't get much better for them as they play Man City next on Sunday.

Here are this weekend's games.

Friday.
Brentford v Brighton (8pm Sky)

Saturday.
Fulham v Bournemouth
Leicester v Crystal Palace (12.30 BT)
Tottenham v Everton (5.30 Sky)
Wolves v Nottingham Forest

Sunday.
Aston Villa v Chelsea (2pm Sky)
Leeds v Arsenal
Liverpool v Man City (4.30 Sky)
Man United v Newcastle
Southampton v West Ham

Brentford 2-0 Brighton
Leicester 0-0 Palace
Wolves 1-0 Forest
Fulham 2-2 Bournemouth
Spurs 2-0 Everton

Toney scored twice for Brentford in last night's game with the first being a fantastic flick and the second was a penalty, Kane and Hojbjerg scored for Spurs in a comfortable win and Everton didn't have a shot on target, Fulham-Bournemouth was at least a decent game with Bournemouth taking the lead twice and Fulham equalizing twice, Diop and Mitrovic scored for Fulham with Solanke and Lerma getting Bournemouth's goals, Neves scored Wolves goal which is only their fourth league goal in 10 games and Johnson had a penalty saved by Jose Sa. Not exactly a scintillating days' action.

Mason Greenwood has been charged with attempted rape, engaging in controlling behavior and assault and he is due at court on Monday, he was also arrested again today for allegedly breaching his bail conditions.

Mason Greenwood has been charged with attempted rape, engaging in controlling behavior and assault and he is due at court on Monday, he was also arrested again today for allegedly breaching his bail conditions.

Why on Earth has this taken so long? His girlfriend literally recorded him raping her, telling her "I don't give a **** what you want" after she says "No Mason, I don't want to" - and the fact she recorded it speaks volumes for how often it happened previously for her to take measures to record it - and he was arrested in January.

If you want to have faith in humanity, don't look up why Mason Greenwood is trending on social media.

Back