2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
I'm happy to move the race back a week, if the 16th eorks for everyone.
Yes the 16th works perfectly, I would strongly suggest creating a Discord server for this series mate, I can help you with managing the channels and driving traffic and drivers into the series. I can also help you with banners, pictures and etc. If you have a discord account you can add me and we can discuss it there sometime. Because your efforts deserve a recognition.
My Dis: MrT17#4412

Last edited:
Yes the 16th works perfectly, I would strongly suggest creating a Discord server for this series mate, I can help you with managing the channels and driving traffic and drivers into the series. I can also help you with banners, pictures and etc. If you have a discord account you can add me and we can discuss it there sometime. Because your efforts deserve a recognition.
My Dis: MrT17#4412
That's not a bad idea. I had thought of doing a Facebook Group (although FB will most likely try to over moderate because they can).

I'll add that to my to do list for this weekend.

Edit
Points Standings uploaded on the 1st page, Post #3.

I'll be reviewing the replay of the race this weekend (I'll put a highlights package together) and provide some more race photos as well.

I also want to thank everyone for how you handled the race restart we had to do. I'll work on a procedure for Red Flag situations, so we all have a clear set of rules should we need to do that again (lets hope not).

I've made the adjustment for the 2nd Round to now take place on the 16th, however if anyone wants to have a fun hit out on the 9th, I'm happy to host a lobby for us to have a couple of fun races.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. I had thought of doing a Facebook Group (although FB will most likely try to over moderate because they can).

Edit

I'll be reviewing the replay of the race this weekend (I'll put a highlights package together) and provide some more race photos as well.

I also want to thank everyone for how you handled the race restart we had to do. I'll work on a procedure for Red Flag situations, so we all have a clear set of rules should we need to do that again (lets hope not).

I've made the adjustment for the 2nd Round to now take place on the 16th, however if anyone wants to have a fun hit out on the 9th, I'm happy to host a lobby for us to have a couple of fun races.
I strongly advice no to Facebook and recommend Discord for gathering drivers. The reason is that Discord is the platform with the most Sim racers and racing game enthusiasts out there. All big and small Sim Racing organizations and teams that do Gran Turismo are on there. By making a Discord channel it's very easy to connect with all these people and get them on your boat. Facebook is fine just for advertising to the general public but for this I recommend Instagram or Twitter. :cheers:

Last edited:
I strongly advice no to Facebook and recommend Discord for gathering drivers. The reason is that Discord is the platform with the most Sim racers are racing game enthusiasts out there. All big and small Sim Racing organizations and teams that do Gran Turismo are on there. By making a Discord channel it's very easy to connect with all these people and get them on your boat. Facebook is fine just for advertising to the general public but for this I recommend Instagram or Twitter. :cheers:
Yeah that makes sense.

Personally I don't like the way Facebook has been operating regarding groups/pages lately anyway, given that they seem to over police content themselves without taking into context the group/page target audience.

Edit

Thank you very much, it was a shame we had to do the race restart, but needs must. I can lend a hand to regulation making as well. I would also like to apologise to you for the incident on lap 1 into Bus Stop. I was trying to let you through after I ran wide at Blanchment (or however its spelt), and it must’ve been a miscommunication. I dont have Facebook, so Discord would be preferred.

Screenshot_20221124-084431_Chrome.jpg

👍

I will just leave this here as it's free promotion! It's something we worked hard for, hope you guys might be interested and would be glad if you guys join us!

2022-23 World GT Challenge
View attachment 1186122

The long running GT World Challenge will be making the move to GT7 for the 2022-23 season, with a host of new regulations aimed spice up the racing and provide plenty of close on track battles with drivers of all skills from across the globe are welcome.

View attachment 1203182

All Lobby Settings will be as follows:
Car Class: Gr.3 only (Gr.3 VGT cars also welcome)
Tyres: x4
Fuel: x3
BoP: On
Tuning: Allowed
Required Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Heavy Wet
Performance Points: 780
Weather: Dynamic (x2) Unless otherwise specified.

Race lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time, with Qualifying starting around 19:45 UK time.

We also have the return of the "Super Sprint" format with the Gr.4 cars and a reverse grid race.

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Rolling (unless otherwise stated)
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 4x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.3
BOP: On
Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Wet
Tuning: Allowed
Ghost: Off
Penalties: On
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance
Weather: Dynamic

An Event Weather Forecast will be announced on the Wednesday prior stating the starting conditions for the day (all remaining weather events will be random).

RULES/REGS:

The only rules and regs are....

1. You must keep the same car and racing number throughout the season.

2. Racing liveries are free, however must comply with GT 7 terms and conditions.

3. Qualifying will be a 10 minute session manually started once everyone arrives. Lobby will be restarted with the correct time of Day. Once this reset occurs, Qualifying will be live.

4. #00 is held in reserve for the defending Silver Cup Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

5. #1 is held in reserve for the defending Outright Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

6. #99 in held in reserve for the defending AM Champion. For this season that is @Kuraudo

7. #37 is held in reserve for series founder @paoloevans

8. The points system is as follows

The points system is as follows

1st - 25pts
2nd - 18pts
3rd - 15pts
4th - 12pts
5th - 10pts
6th - 8pts
7th - 6pts
8th - 4pts
9th - 2pts
10th - 1pt

Points will be awarded for outright and also for position within your class.

Driver Classing:
The series runs three classes Pro, Silver and Amateur. Drivers will be classed based on overall performance across races to ensure everyone has an even chance to race for results.

Points will be awarded as normal for the overall finishing position but seperate points will be also awarded for the Silver and AM standings.

To register your interest for this series please post your:
GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Livery Photo (Can be posted at a later date if necessary):

Weather forecast for Lago Maggiore this weekend.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221214204744.jpg

Also with the addition of Qualifying for lobby races in the last update we will be holding a 10 minute Qualifying session prior to racing.

From what I've seen for other lobbies, once the Qualifying session ends we will be returned to the lobby screen. We will have a brief pause of 5 minutes (last minute set-up changes, etc) before we go into the race.

Looking forward to seeing you guys trackside.

View attachment 1215590

Also with the addition of Qualifying for lobby races in the last update we will be holding a 10 minute Qualifying session prior to racing.

From what I've seen for other lobbies, once the Qualifying session ends we will be returned to the lobby screen. We will have a brief pause of 5 minutes (last minute set-up changes, etc) before we go into the race.

Very in depth weather forecast! ;) Just a question regarding quali…do we get to finish our final laps after the checquered? See you guys in a couple days (Looking forward to quali!)

View attachment 1215590

Looking forward to it 👍

Very in depth weather forecast! ;) Just a question regarding quali…do we get to finish our final laps after the checquered? See you guys in a couple days (Looking forward to quali!)
Yes. Both Qualifying and the Race will have a 180 second countdown at the conclusion of time/race winner crossing the finish line.

Thank you guys for the race, and I'm sorry for the late :( - stupid youtube.
Great to see the growing grid :) !
I was myself again, so thank you @Raptor013 for the pictures, now I have the chance to see the cars from different angles not just as blue arrows on my map :D .
@coyb20 sorry for the hit on the first lap. On my screen there was a little lag.

@MrT17 Happy Holidays for you too :) ! And of course Happy Holidays guys @paoloevans , @Raptor013 , @Mcfc13 , @coyb20

What time does lobby opne?
Brilliant photos! Happy to see the Dolmio car get a mention!
Thank you guys for the race, and I'm sorry for the late :( - stupid youtube.
Great to see the growing grid :) !
I was myself again, so thank you @Raptor013 for the pictures, now I have the chance to see the cars from different angles not just as blue arrows on my map :D .
@coyb20 sorry for the hit on the first lap. On my screen there was a little lag.

@MrT17 Happy Holidays for you too :) ! And of course Happy Holidays guys @paoloevans , @Raptor013 , @Mcfc13 , @coyb20
No problem! No contact on my part. I locked up and turned into @paoloevans though, so sorry about that!

Hello again guys. Hoping everyone had a good Christmas and New Years.

Today marks the start of race week when we dust off the cars, maybe bolt on a fresh set of tyres and for the truly brave conduct a pre race service. The oil is supposed to be a thick glue like substance right? :confused:

This Friday we pay a visit to Laguna Seca for a 27 lap sprint. Below is the weather report and Time of Day settings for the race. Looking forward to seeing everyone trackside again.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230116190435.jpg

Latest Posts

Back