2022 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 107 comments
Italy fail to qualify for a second World Cup in a row, it also means that the European Champions wont be at the World Cup.
North Macedonia just beat Italy 1-0. :eek: Italy 30 shots, only 5 on target.
The last time Italy won any knockout tie in a World Cup competition was...

... the 2006 World Cup Final against France. Who could have predicted then that it would be at least 20 years before the next?

Sweden ended up beating the Czechs in extra time, 110th minute winner from Quaison.

Canada will be attending the World Cup. :)

Buchanan-1-1040x572.jpg

Good for them, first time they've qualified in a while isn't it??

Good for them, first time they've qualified in a while isn't it??
1986 is the only time Canada has qualified. But that was hosted in Mexico so they qualfied the old fashion way and bribed their way in. :sly:

World Cup record is 0-3. If they cancel the World Cup and get a draw or something.... All time best! :lol:

Last edited:
Portugal 2-0 North Macedonia
Poland 2-0 Sweden

Comfortable night for Portugal with Bruno Fernandes getting both goals, two great assists too from Ronaldo and Jota, Portugal were pretty dominant throughout and its a shame for North Macedonia but that win over Italy will live long in the memory.

A Lewandowski penalty and a second half strike from Zielinski makes sure that Poland qualify.

Also through to the World Cup are Ghana and Senegal from the Africa qualifiers, Ghana beat Nigeria 2-2 on agg but go through on away goals and Senegal beat Egypt on penalties in a repeat of the AFCON final.

There are three other African qualifier finals taking place right now.

Morocco, Tunisia and Cameroon all qualified last night, there are four qualifying matches from North/Central America tomorrow night.

The World Cup draw is this Friday at 6pm GMT.

It's not the first time that it happened. It has been a thing for atleast 15 years, and as far as I'm aware there has never been any real consequence for the people who do it.

Finals stuff here:

As there's still five qualifying games to go I'll reunlock this thread for those... although quite when Ukraine will find the time (or team) to play football at least once before November I don't know.

Last edited:
Scotland v Ukraine play off semi final is tonight, winner will play Wales in final on Sunday.

Game tonight was due to take place in March but was postponed until now due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Scotland 1-3 Ukraine.

Ukraine progress to the European play off final on Sunday after beating Scotland pretty comfortably in an emotional night at Hampden Park. Yarmolenko, Yaremchuk and Dovbyk with Ukraine's goals and McGregor scored for Scotland who didn't really turn up.

Its Wales v Ukraine in Cardiff on Sunday at 5pm GMT in the final, going to be very tough for Wales and not just because of the off field stuff but because Ukraine have players of real quality.

Wales played a C team against Poland; with Bale, Ramsey, Allen, Davies and Wilson set to return I think we can give a good account of ourselves. However, the last four games in my footballing sphere have gone like this:

Wrexham 0-3 Dagenham
(Ballsed automatic promotion)

Wrexham 0-1 Bromley
(FA Trophy Final)

Wrexham 4-5 Grimsby
(Play-offs)

Wales 1-2 Poland

We fielded a C team but losing always bothers me. So I excuse myself from being upbeat at the moment. This play-off is a crucial game for Wales and I don't think my heart can quite handle it.

Last edited:
Wales v Ukraine on ITV live right now for a place at the World Cup finals...

It would be harsh on Ukraine not to make it after such a horrible year for their country, but I'm supporting Wales tonight.

Back