Dylan

Resident NASCAR Fan
Premium
United States
Hope Mills, NC
GTP_Dylan_GTP
195F3EFF-A208-40CC-8D05-3947EEFA3FBE.png

SCM-NextGen_3OEMs-hero.jpg

NASCAR-Xfinity-Series-purple-logo-2022-NXS.jpg2020-sep15-camping-world-main-image-625x340.jpg
si-rd0jh_400x400.jpg

2022 marks one of the biggest changes to the sport in recent memory. The Cup Series will be utilizing an ENTIRELY new car. Featuring a new composite body that look more like their production counterparts, chassis that is built by a third party and then assembled by the teams, sequential 5-speed transmission, independent rear suspension, a diffuser, and door numbers moved forward. The schedules for all 3 series also get slight revisions to their schedules. And silly season is in full swing with drivers switching rides, and new teams entering the sport.
newSCM-2022-NCS-Schedule-TW.jpg

xfinity20222logo.jpg
FAdruuCXMAUMzhk.jpg
FJAZDJ7XEAMKOh5.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly apart from the Next Gen car I’m far more excited for the Xfinity series than I am the Cup series, seems it was more consistently enjoyable in ‘21 and ‘22 is looking to be even more competitive (especially since Busch is supposedly done).

Last edited:
I’m interested to see how RCR does early on in the season since they’ve been helping with the development of the new car.

Last edited:
Gen 7 looks awesome already!! As a graphic designer as well, I'm eager to see how the livery designers will solve the non-centered number dilemma to make the drivers/cars still easily identifiable! :D

I don't care for Keselowski, but I'm genuinely curious to see if he can bring increased performance to the new Roush-Fenway-Keselowski Racing

I don't care for Keselowski, but I'm genuinely curious to see if he can bring increased performance to the new Roush-Fenway-Keselowski Racing
Is that the official name now?

OP updated with series logos, and schedules. The eNASCAR iRacing schedule has yet to be announced.
Edit: 90 days until the Clash

Last edited:
If nothing else they have the opportunity to become the top Ford team, what with Penske losing their most experienced driver and Gene Haas too busy rolling around in Russian petrochem money to care about NASCAR.

Meanwhile, Dover is no longer an independently owned operation. How many tracks are even left on the schedule that aren't part of some major conglomerate, if any?

If nothing else they have the opportunity to become the top Ford team, what with Penske losing their most experienced driver and Gene Haas too busy rolling around in Russian petrochem money to care about NASCAR.

Meanwhile, Dover is no longer an independently owned operation. How many tracks are even left on the schedule that aren't part of some major conglomerate, if any?
Gateway (ironically owned by SMI until 2012), Road America and Pocono are still independently owned, plus CoTA which is kind of a gray area since it's promoted by SMI but not owned by them (yet). If you include Xfinity and trucks you can add Knoxville, Mid-Ohio and Portland (IRP is owned by the NHRA so I don't count it as independent).

Last edited:
I'd give them about 2 seasons before they really come close to that as Roush adjusts to the knowledge that Brad brings and has to perhaps unlearn some of its past processes and methodologies (Though with the new car, that might actually be easier). As for Gene Haas, I would honestly just like for him to GET out of racing period. Between it taking Tony Stewart coming over there to actually make his Cup team competitive despite having Hendrick Equipment AND the absolute slope in form with the F1 team after a promising first 2 seasons, Gene doesn't need to be anywhere near a race track beyond just sitting outside a tent and promoting his wares. That's all he's good for is sponsorship at this point, he's like the awful AM drivers that used to populate alot of Ferrari GT teams but the hazards and damage is done from outside the car rather then behind the wheel.

Last edited:
OP updated with series logos, and schedules. The eNASCAR iRacing schedule has yet to be announced.
Edit: 90 days until the Clash
Can't wait to see paint schemes roll out. I hope they put thunder bolts on Chase's car.

Last edited:
Gateway (ironically owned by SMI until 2012), Road America and Pocono are still independently owned, plus CoTA which is kind of a gray area since it's promoted by SMI but not owned by them (yet). If you include Xfinity and trucks you can add Knoxville, Mid-Ohio and Portland (IRP is owned by the NHRA so I don't count it as independent).
And Roger Penske now owns Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/11/09/n...at-for-the-busch-light-clash-at-the-coliseum/

NASCAR announced the Clash format. I got halfway through reading it before giving up. If anyone wants to do a TL: DR recap, feel free. Otherwise I'll figure out the damn format when they actually run the race next year. Remember when it was a 20 lap race with the previous year's pole winners (and current year's Daytona 500 if he wasn't already eligible)? I miss those simple days.

Last edited:
Alfredo out of a ride at Front Row.

As of the Clash format, looks kinda simple at first glance.
Basically, single car qualifying for all entrants, then 4 25 lap heats, 2 50 lap LCQs, and a 150 lap feature.

Last edited:
Busch Clash in a football stadium in a city that could care less about NASCAR. Just another gimmick that will fail miserably.

Kyle Busch's crew chief Ben Beshore will not be available for the 2022 Daytona 500 due to two lug nuts not being properly installed following post-race inspection at Phoenix.

EDIT: This will be the Clash, not the 500 as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Kyle Busch's crew chief Ben Beshore will not be available for the 2022 Daytona 500 due to two lug nuts not being properly installed following post-race inspection at Phoenix.
He'll be at the 500. This suspension applies to the Busch Clash.

He'll be at the 500. This suspension applies to the Busch Clash.
According to the penalty, it's next points event (unless the Clash now has a point system I'm unaware of).
The founder of DC Solar just got sent up the river for 30 years. Remember when our current Cup champion was driving a car sponsored by massive investment fraud?

2018-42-12-625x340.jpg
The same group which effectively stunted Ross Chastain for a year or so.

Last edited:
According to the penalty, it's next points event (unless the Clash now has a point system I'm unaware of).
Everything I've read says Clash. I think they have to sit him out of something and considering there will not even be 5 lugs on the new car, maybe they decided on the non-points Clash? Not sure but I haven't seen anything that says Daytona 500.

Last edited:
Everything I've read says Clash. I think they have to sit him out of something and considering there will not even be 5 lugs on the new car, maybe they decided on the non-points Clash? Not sure but I haven't seen anything that says Daytona 500.
Saw on NASCAR.com the Clash also. Place I looked elsewhere said Points event.

Saw on NASCAR.com the Clash also. Place I looked elsewhere said Points event.
I think probably the penalty was intended to be a points event but given the nature of the self policing single lug for the NextGen, they may have made it the Clash instead.

Back