2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIESOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 295 comments
I really hope IndyCar clamps down on crap like this, it's bad enough the guys with fenders are driving like idiots, we really don't need to see it in the open-wheel world considering how the results can be much more violent.

I really hope IndyCar clamps down on crap like this, it's bad enough the guys with fenders are driving like idiots, we really don't need to see it in the open-wheel world considering how the results can be much more violent.
Or pick a different route for music city grand prix. Making it single file on that loop section where turns 7 through 10 go through. I can understand if this were a TC race, but for open wheel cars that on average go 160+, that picture a few posts above might as well be the event poster for Nashville.

I agree, there was enough of it going on in Toronto, but this race was terrible - too many drivers dive-bombing and expecting the gap to remain, especially from Josef.

I agree, the track doesn't do itself any favours, but I think the tightness of the track does make it exciting, and Rossi, Pagenaud proved you can race there, overtake and be fair.

Passing seems to be extremely difficult tonight. Dosesn’t seem like the attempt to rubber in the second groove in practice did much to help.

Edit: Unless your name is Pato O’Ward.

Last edited:
I can't tell if the strategists are also listening to the broadcast. They're literally trying to meme the rain to life tonight.

Rain delay helped this race tremendously. Once the rubber and marbles were washed away and the track cooled off the second lane became somewhat viable. Awesome run by Malukas at the end there.

It was a snoozer up until the rain delay. The only passing seemed to be in the pits. The finish ended up being pretty fun to watch, though. Malukas needed a lap or two to make a run at Newgarden, not unlike the Cup race last week where Bell nearly nabbed Harvick.

The standings have tightened up even more with two races to go - proof that you don't need a stupid playoff format to have an exciting finish to the season.

Today's race was surprisingly clean, McLaughlin dominated but the rest of the field kept it interesting. Gutted for Lundgaard as he was having a fantastic run until he stalled the car on pit road and later collected a sign.

Here is what the standings look like going into Laguna Seca, I'm pulling for Power.

Impressive from Power. Herta already under pressure only on 18th without anything obvious wrong and winning the last two years in Laguna?

I'm happy to see Will get #2 and Palou end the season on a high note. This off season may be one of the most interesting ones ever.

Just like that, the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Series is over. I have safely made it home to Indianapolis and I must admit I am ready for some rest and recovery. Massive congratulations to Will Power and Team Penske on the championship.

Here's to a bigger and better 2023. :cheers:

Watched the replay of the event last night. The broadcast showing Newgarden driving his heart out was fun, but then you'd look at the timing tower and Palou was in another zip code. Absolutely dominating performance from him.

Palou is staying at CGR and Felix has been confirmed a second time to be staying at AMSP.

I’m sure the lawyers still managed to make a pile of money so it wasn’t all for naught. :lol:

Considering how much turnover the schedule has had in recent history I’m more than fine with it being pretty much the same. Hopefully the rumors are true and we will get some new races for 2024.

Back