2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
Yeah hence why MSR announced they were using the Camaros next year because they got the ***** that Ford didn’t want to support them for Gen3.
Can’t recall, but were teams waiting too long to pick a manufacturer during Gen3 development?

Last edited:
Yeah hence why MSR announced they were using the Camaros next year because they got the ***** that Ford didn’t want to support them for Gen3.
Ford has all factory backed teams (five) and are doing far more than GM with support, while GM has one factory team and minor support for the others. I think this is the main reason why they don't want any more and hence their ''quality over quantity'' statement.

There's nothing to stop other teams like Premair, MSR or even Adderton running Fords, it's just they won't be part of the factory effort (much like most teams that run GM's product with minimal support ;)).

Ford has all factory backed teams (five) and are doing far more than GM with support, while GM has one factory team and minor support for the others. I think this is the main reason why they don't want any more and hence their ''quality over quantity'' statement.

There's nothing to stop other teams like Premair, MSR or even Adderton running Fords, it's just they won't be part of the factory effort (much like most teams that run GM's product with minimal support ;)).
So all the Chevy teams except 888 are screwed?

Yeah, I’m not a business owner, but it seems a weird move not to, at least, align with the brand showing major commitment.

I find it soo hard to believe that Supercars have never used a control chassis before. Why didn't they do this at the very beginning? Anyway, it's happening now and I'm excited to see what it will bring.

Wouldn't be holding my breath if I were them. If the one team on the grid with three international owners couldn't get anyone new to join, can't see anyone else being able to do so in a hurry.

Anyway, it is cool to have Gold Coast back. Did miss that track.

Last edited:
So on todays telecast Adderton said he has already purchased a Camaro from T8 (confirmed by JW) and then announced Richie Stanaway will be his driver.

Cart before the horse much? He doesn't even have a TRC :confused:

Edit: Great to hear from Scott McLaughlin too. He really is a sponsors dream.

Last edited:
Aside from Waters whacking the wall, this has been an uneventful race. Quite amazing actually.

Big accident. I'd like to see the on board from Pither's car because he had cars crashing in front and behind him and he made it through without a scratch. 😬

Brad Jones right now.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Seriously, real glad no one was hurt. That was massive. Not see so many cars involved in one incident like that for a long time.

SVG has anger issues? Nah...

“I haven’t analysed that yet – if he got a tap or he got off the brakes or whatever – whatever it is, I was angry.

“After that restart, I was going through him or around him and I went around him, which was good, and then just drove away.

...Oh wait :sly:

So on todays telecast Adderton said he has already purchased a Camaro from T8 (confirmed by JW) and then announced Richie Stanaway will be his driver.

Cart before the horse much? He doesn't even have a TRC :confused:
Cart definitely before the horse because he isn't the only one bidding for the 26th REC.

Last edited:
Oh well, I hope Adderton kept the receipt for the Camaro he bought.
Do agree with him though that this series is broken. It shouldn't as hard as it is for new teams to join, especially for one as well funded as his would be.

Oh well, I hope Adderton kept the receipt for the Camaro he bought.
Do agree with him though that this series is broken. It shouldn't as hard as it is for new teams to join, especially for one as well funded as his would be.
I reckon Pete’s team would’ve been better for the sport than Team Sydney ever was. But I do agree that it shouldn’t be difficult to join the sport. There should be something to show that they’re not gonna be field fillers and be slow at the back of the field. But in this case I doubt that Pete’s team would’ve been like that. They probably would’ve been as competitive as Tekno was when Shane was driving for them. Probably not straight away but with Richie and if he got the right around the team and possibly in the future go to two cars. They would’ve added value to the grid. I reckon Supercars have the missed the mark on this one.

Last edited:
It is a bit messed up. Guess they(V8s) forgot when Betty signed up. All the mess she had to deal with. Indeed she went wild switching from Ford to HWA and boy, it was a tough few years. Now, look at the team.
I agree with Twisteddrift.

I must admit I'd much rather a second BRT car to further even the Ford vs GM numbers (although I think the number of quality cars/teams on the Ford side will be greater than the GM side next year) than a stand alone GM team run by Adderton.

I also still wonder about his motivation with all this. I have a feeling it's just an Elon Musk type attempt at staying relevant and in the news. Surely he knew to get an TRC organized first? Does he seriously think threating everyone from the top down over many years has earnt him even close to enough friends to get the 75% backing from the teams he needs to get a shot at a TRC? He's really not that stupid is he? I mean, he's been blocked at every turn for multiple years now when he's tried to enter Supercars and it's been mostly because he's goes about it all wrong.

Still, I do hope PA can get Richie on track as a wild car entry as often as possible.

..But, c'mon. I'm being silly right now, but BJR cars crash out just about every race. At least, get another team in with a good driver and a chance to stir up the start/finish order.

Back