2022 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

With the extra TBL this season, it will be interesting to see who Speedworks sign alongside Butcher, with speculation that Smelt may be going elsewhere.

Same can be said at BTC and Team Dynamics too, with the extra seats. Some intriguing combinations still to unfold.

Last edited:
That same article also confirms that the team will be fielding Vauxhall Astras again, though whether its the current or new-shape model remains to be seen...
Was just thinking the same as I read it. Must admit, I'd be a little surprised to see their ageing Mk7 Astra still on the grid for 2022, as the Mk8 is already on sale and given their links to Vauxhall. Interesting to see what they do going into this hybrid era.

That's not to underestimate the big task of building a new model chassis from scratch, but still the current Astra is probably one of the least efficient shapes aerodynamically, compared to newer models on the grid.

Last edited:
Just a few recent BTCC news announcements:

Great to see that Jade Edwards has been signed on for her second full season with BTC Racing.

Also, MB Motorsport revealed their 2022 livery for Jake Hills Rokit sponsored 330e. Certainly the simplest of all the liveries revealed so far, but it does the job. Eager to see how well Hill will no doubt get on in a RWD touring car this season, given how entertaining he is to watch as a driver.

And finally, as of tomorrow (29th) official pre-season testing will begin at Donington, as the first of 3 Hybrid Installation Tests begins (two more are scheduled for April at Croft and Thruxton). Interestingly, that article also mentions the 3 loaned TBL's set to be used by Team Dynamics, BTC Racing and Speedworks, now won't be used unfortunately. So the grid stays at 'just' 29 cars for 2022.

Last edited:
As the rumours suggested a little while ago, Ricky Collard joins the BTCC grid full-time for 2022, as he completes the Speedworks-Toyota lineup in the Corollas. Great addition to the grid, and nice to see the Collard name back once more.

Also, the second official pre-season test went ahead yesterday as more teams got hybrid mileage under their belt. The season launch happens next Thursday at Thruxton (13th), as we tick ever closer to the start of the season on the 23rd. Really can't wait for round 1 to get underway, with the changes to hybrid we're in for a really exciting season.

Last edited:
As a Ford fan/Owner I'm looking forward to following Motorbase again. Having the calibre of driver as Sutton is very exciting. Cammish In the other NAPA car should hopefully be back strong after a year off. Hopefully Ollie and Sam can Improve quite a bit from Last season for the 2 Apec/Beavis Morgan Motorbase Entries.

Last edited:
Halfords/Team Dynamics revealed their 2022 livery today at noon. Whilst a part of me does somewhat miss the full-orange Halfords liveries of years gone by, there's no denying how good the FK8 looks in black in my opinion. And this years livery does that really well, very smart and classy with the mix of white and silver accents in various textures.

And yesterday Team Hard released Rick Parfitts Infiniti Q50, with one the cheesier livery reveals you'll see :lol:.

Seems like we're set to have a great looking grid this year, just on the livery front alone. Some nice contrast and plenty of colour across all the cars seen so far. There's a couple more to be revealed, like both the Laser Tools Infinitis and the Speedworks GR Corollas amongst others, which we should see tomorrow on track.

All of this in time for tomorrows final pre-season test at Thruxton, as media day and the rest of the Season Launch kicks off between now and Wednesday.

Last edited:

BTC Racing inexplicably partner with Rich Energy.

I like BTC and they have a good driver line up, but I have to now dislike them just by default.

If anyone here is watching the TCR Australia qualifying from Bathurst, did you see them cut away from that in-car shot because the driver was flipping someone off? 🤣

Yep. Haha. Me and my wife were laughing. I think it was Dalberto.
Edit: Wasn’t D’Alberto. It was Cameron.

Last edited:
Was waiting to see the 308 speed. They’re fast in Europe. Perfect track here, for them to stretch their legs.

Edit: Muuuuch better racing from when the series began. Not BTCC levels, but good racing.

Last edited:
Back