2022 US Mid-Term Elections Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 459 comments
"The reality of this current political moment is that things appear to be getting worse for Democrats the closer we get to the election. Fears of a wave washing away even incumbents previously considered safe now seem entirely justified."

Yeah, that was the video in @Populuxe's post I quoted in which Katniss or whatever her name is pledged by mistake to tear down a monument which had possible links to racism and eugenics.
I did not read that link. I saw the person in your post that I quoted and remembered that I had just watched a video that featured her.

Last edited:
Moment's silence, please.

Screenshot_20220603-223222_Chrome.jpg

Her constant desire for fame reminds me of the Mean Girls meme.

Stop trying to make Kandiss Taylor happen. She's not going to happen.

What is going to happen?

Here's a nightmare scenario:

• On election day in November, Republicans take both the House and Senate.
  • Sometime after inauguration a new Speaker of the House is installed.
  • After a brief investigation, both Biden and Harris are impeached, convicted and removed from office.
  • By this time next year, a Republican is President of the USA.
  • sic transit gloria mundi

What is the best strategy for ensuring this scenario does not happen?

What is going to happen?

• After a brief investigation, both Biden and Harris are impeached, convicted and removed from office.

2/3 republican senate? I don't think even every Republican would vote to convict either (based on what we assume is a completely made up charge). Also, that charge has to include Harris. Also I don't know that the president and vice president can be impeached simultaneously, so the loophole that would enable this doesn't even clearly exist.

In short, it's basically fantasy land.

What is going to happen?

I can feel the endorphins in this post from here!

2/3 republican senate? I don't think even every Republican would vote to convict either (based on what we assume is a completely made up charge). Also, that charge has to include Harris. Also I don't know that the president and vice president can be impeached simultaneously, so the loophole that would enable this doesn't even clearly exist.

In short, it's basically fantasy land.
I can't see the Republicans winning ~10+ seats (if there are even that many up for grabs) to even get above 60.

What is going to happen?

I doubt this would happen however there are perhaps some minimal legit grounds for impeaching Biden imo.... For example he is very aloof and acts like he could have dementia or something else. Another point to make is after an impeachment from both chambers the " rival party" has no claim to office I believe it would go to Ugly Nancy Pelosi or someone lol.

Never seen anything that would suggest Biden is "aloof". Seems to be the total opposite when he starts reciting religious passages in his speeches when he's trying to convey something from the heart.

Impeaching him for dementia is an admission of hypocrisy, though. That's a point only argued by people who support a certain other politician who could just as easily be removed for the same issues.

But Biden is a decrepit 79 while Trump is a youthful, spritely 75 (for the next four days). Can't you see the difference?

(Since when was being aloof grounds for impeachment?!)

Last edited:
But Biden is a decrepit 79 while Trump is a youthful, spritely 75. Can't you see the difference?

When Republicans decided that the election was rigged but can't let go.

But Biden is a decrepit 79 while Trump is a youthful, spritely 75 (for the next four days). Can't you see the difference?

Ways for a US politician not to appear aloof:

#1 Always refer to people as "folks".

Indy
“I was thinking the other day about — somebody had mentioned on the radio Adolf Hitler and how he aroused the crowds,” Mr Paladino said. “And he would get up there screaming these epithets and these people were just — they were hypnotized by him. That’s, I guess, I guess that’s the kind of leader we need today. We need somebody inspirational.”

In a statement on Thursday, Mr Paladino said that “any implication that I support Hitler or any of the sick and disgusting actions of the Nazi regime is a new low for the media”.

Last edited:
I was thinking the other day about — somebody had mentioned on the radio Adolf Hitler and how he aroused the crowds,” Mr Paladino said. “And he would get up there screaming these epithets and these people were just — they were hypnotized by him. That’s, I guess, I guess that’s the kind of leader we need today. We need somebody inspirational.”

In a statement on Thursday, Mr Paladino said that “any implication that I support Hitler or any of the sick and disgusting actions of the Nazi regime is a new low for the media”.
The "kind of leader we need today" is someone like Adolf Hitler ... but "any implication that I support Hitler ... is a new low for the media". :confused:

What kind of a name is "Couy", anyway?

Last edited:
Another nightmare scenario for urban Georgians as MTG predicts a mass exodus of Repubs and MAGAs should Abrams win the gubernatorial election. Whatever will they do without them?

Democrats in California and elsewhere are promoting extremist GOP candidates in the primaries in the hope that they'll be so extreme they'll lose to Dem candidates. That's a bold strategy, Cotton... 🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Democrats in California and elsewhere are promoting extremist GOP candidates in the primaries in the hope that they'll be so extreme they'll lose to Dem candidates. That's a bold strategy, Cotton... 🤦🏾‍♂️
Oh boy, I can't wait to see how this works out. :/

I mean, it has worked for the Republicans. The issue is the Democrats don't seem to be good at these "strategeries".
I don't doubt they've successfully fielded loonies of their own in solidly red states, but do you mean to say that Republicans have promoted loony Dem candidates so that their own candidates will do better at election time? :confused:

Last edited:
I don't doubt they've successfully fielded loonies of their own in solidly red states, but do you mean to say that Republicans have promoted loony Dem candidates so that their own candidates will do better at election time? :confused:
Scare tactics. Then again that's a common technique.

Back