Everton v Fulham
Newcastle v Aston Villa (5.30 Sky)
Sheffield United v Crystal Palace

Sunday.
Brentford v Tottenham (2pm Sky)
Chelsea v Liverpool (4.30 Sky)

Monday.
Man United v Wolves (8pm Sky)

New Premier League season starts tonight.

Harry Kane has seemingly agreed to join Bayern and is waiting to fly out to Munich to have his medical.
Liverpool have agreed a club record £111 million with Brighton for Moises Caicedo but it has been reported that he only wants a Chelsea move who have yet to make an improved offer.
James Ward-Prowse having West Ham medical.

Miami destroyed the CLT lol.

Tell you what, it's not even fun watching MLS. The defense for this super cup has been sooooo bad. For all of the goals against Charlotte, their back line is completely static while the ball handler is literally standing at the corner of the box waiting for runners to come up. Europeans are super spoiled. Pretty sure Wrexham or any league/championship team would smash the average MLS team.

Newcastle just beat Villa 5-1, Brighton beat Luton 4-1 earlier and Man City beat Burnley 3-0 last night.

Harry Kane is now a Bayern Munich player, he could make his debut in a bit in their super cup match against Leipzig as he is on the bench, myself and many other though he would stay at Spurs for this season then leave on a free next summer but he is obviously going for the silverware so fair play to him.

Last edited:
Newcastle just beat Villa 5-1, Brighton beat Luton 4-1 earlier and Man City beat Burnley 3-0 last night.

Harry Kane is now a Bayern Munich player, he could make his debut in a bit in their super cup match against Leipzig as he is on the bench, myself and many other though he would stay at Spurs for this season then leave on a free next summer but he is obviously going for the silverware so fair play to him.
Not going well so far.

1691868920326.png

Brentford 2-2 Spurs
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Didn't watch the Brentford game, Mbuemo and a Wissa penalty for Brentford with Romero and Royal scoring for Spurs, Maddison with two assists.

Great game between Chelsea and Liverpool, Chelsea started poorly and Liverpool to the lead thanks to Diaz with a great ball from Salah, Chelsea then grew into the game and looked better and better, Disasi with the equalizer on his debut which was bundled over the line, Enzo Fernandez was excellent and Nic Jackson caused Liverpool a lot of problems.

Fred has left to join Fenerbahce from Man United for £13 million, he was never really United standard but always gave it 100% every game, quite sad to see him go.

Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabelaga looks set to join Real Madrid on season loan, Courtois is out for the season with ACL injury.

James Ward-Prowse has completed his move to West Ham from Southampton.
Moises Caicedo has completed his medical at Chelsea ahead of British record £115 million deal. I don't really know how Chelsea are doing this.
Liverpool have agreed a deal with Southampton for Romeo Lavia for £60 million.
Jack Harrison has joined Everton on loan from Leeds.
Al-Hilal have agreed a deal with PSG for Neymar, move is expected to be £86 million plus add-ons, Neymar said he wanted to leave the club just last week and his wages will be six times higher, PSG will save around £80 million in wages with four years left on his current deal.

There is one thing I have been meaning to talk about, it is expected that Man United will announce a resolution to the Mason Greenwood situation very soon.

There is one thing I have been meaning to talk about, it is expected that Man United will announce a resolution to the Mason Greenwood situation very soon.
Apparently they've been consulting the ladies' team. I guess that they'll either do the right thing or echo Greenwood himself and say they "don't give a **** what you want" to MUWFC.

Decision falls to CEO Richard Arnold, he has been consulting with some of the women's players but a few of them are at the World Cup.

Despite what happened and everything that followed Mason and Harriet are not only still together but are engaged and she recently gave birth to their first child, He has been training on his own away from the squad with the clubs knowledge.

I don't know what to make of it, its really divided the fanbase.

I don't know what to make of it, its really divided the fanbase.
Along gender lines, no doubt. Manchester United Twitter is more firmly in the "she tricked him/set him up", "she's a slut after a payday", "if she's his girlfriend he can have sex with her if he wants" part of the divide. Genuinely repellent stuff.

It's not really to his credit that he is "still together" with the girl he was recorded attempting to rape (or at least straight up ignoring her pleas not to have sex with her; we didn't hear the aftermath of it, thankfully), as one of the charges against him was that of "coercive control"; we can't say whether their relationship is genuine or coerced. Nobody can.

Given that he was chucked off the England squad for breaching COVID guidelines by inviting a woman to his hotel room in Iceland while they were together but before the attempted rape, it's not looking like a particularly good relationship and he's not coming across as a role model.

Of course people can learn and grow, but we've heard zero remorse from him - just relief he's no longer facing charges because "key witnesses withdrew" (in an attempted rape/coercion case!).

Kevin De Bruyne out for up to four months with a hamstring injury.
Arsenal have signed Brentford goalkeeper David Raya on initial loan with optional £27 million to buy, quite an interesting move to say the least.
Crystal Palace's Michael Olise is set for Chelsea talks for they met his £35 million release clause.

Wolves have received an apology from PGMOL after a terrible call in which they weren't given a penalty last night, it came when Onana rushed out off his line to get the ball but clattered into Kalajdic, it was a definite penalty and even I was surprised that it wasn't given, ref Simon Hooper and his assistants from last night have been removed from this weekends games. United were really lucky to win last night as we were terrible and Wolves were excellent.

Does this person have a biological advantage? The answer seems to be no based on @Famine's post. I don't see an issue with it. This isn't like cycling where you can compete in an open gender category, if you want to play you either have to play men's or women's, at least until there is some critical mass of non-binary players large enough to form their own league...highly doubtful that will ever happen. I think it's worth reiterating that people identifying as non-binary aren't doing it out of bad faith or to loophole themselves into a big payday, just to keep some perspective here.
There are cases where people change gender just for the sake of participating in a competition and easily beat the opposition and records.

I thought there was a biological advantage, because I thought Quinn was a male first who transitioned to female. In the past, trans pretty much implied switching gender, nowadays it seems (from my research so far) to be used to all non-binary "options".

Nonetheless, Quinn is biologically female and had several caps (and goals) for Canada before they came out as non-binary.
It's all good then. Although I don't see a point of calling someone transgender, if they didn't transition from one gender to the other, and just identify as something else mentaly.

Man United have made a statement about Mason Greenwood's future, they say they have made a through investigation that is near its conclusion but a decision hasn't been made yet.

The statement came after an article in the Athletic which says that club CEO Richard Arnold has told staff to prepare for his return.

Michael Olise has rejected Chelsea and signed a new four-year deal at Palace, in todays perhaps surprise news.
Romeo Lavia completes medical with Chelsea ahead of a £58 million move.
Liverpool are in talks with Stuttgart over signing their Japanese midfielder Waturo Endo, its probably Liverpool's ninth midfield target but he did have a good season with Stuttgart last time out with five goals and four assists and is highly regarded in the Bundesliga, deal could be worth up to £21 million.

I really cant see Greenwood back at United after yesterday, the backlash to the statement and report was horrendous and rightly so, I could see a way back for him but not now. It would be a horrific decision to allow him back.

Wouldn't it just be the Harry Kane-st thing to have ever Harry Kaned if Spurs were to win the title this year and Bayern Munich didn't?

Leagues Cup Final ending was awesome but gave me SO MUCH anxiety lol. I can't believe how much players stand around in MLS. Nobody runs into space. Everyone seemed totally gassed by the 30 minutes mark. I was watching Man City vs Newcastle earlier and I thought that game was frustrating, but the fitness of those guys is on a whole different planet compared to what I watched later on. Messi walks around for the whole match but then when he gets in a scoring position it's like his killer instinct takes over and he just becomes an automaton of football genius. Still, I just can't believe how insanely fit these EPL and even League Two (Wrexham vs Swindon Town holy CRAP) players are compared to North America. Europe is just different.

Last edited:
Wow, they've actually decided not to play him again. He can go out on loan though (good luck with that).
but we've heard zero remorse from him
Still the case, although he has said he takes his "share of responsibility" and "did not do the things I was accused of".

The statement United put out was horrendous, saying that Arnold was confident that he didn't do the things they charged him of, basically saying he is innocent.

I'm glad this difficult situation has been somewhat resolved but the way the club has handled has been disgraceful and I think Arnold should resign.

Belgian winger Jeremy Doku having a medical at Man City ahead of a 55 million pound move from Rennes.
City's manager Pep Guardiola will miss the games against Sheffield United and Fulham as he will have back surgery.
Lewis Hall has joined Newcastle on loan from Chelsea with an obligation to buy.
West Ham set to announce signing of Kostas Mavropanos from Stuttgart for around £19 million.
Alexander Mitrovic has joined Ali-Hilal from Fulham from £46 million in very acrimonious circumstances.
Aston Villa have signed Nicolo Zaniolo from Galatasaray on loan with option to buy.

Man City have signed Jeremy Doku from Rennes for £55.7 million and sold Aymeric Laporte to Al-Nassr for £23.6 million.
Chelsea have signed young midfielder Deivid Washington from Santos for £17.2 million.
Nottingham Forest have signed World Cup winner Gonzalo Montiel from Sevilla and a loan with option to buy.

Haven't really talked about Swansea much in these threads over the years, we have just sold Joel Piroe to Leeds for £12 million, he was an excellent buy for us scoring 46 goals in 95 games in two years having only cost £1 million from PSV. Its a shame to see him go but he was in his last year of his contract and was unlikely to sign a new one. Hopefully the money will be reinvested back into the squad, there has been a lot of chance at the club over the summer.

Messi is just outrageous. Feels like a video game.

Also, what's going on with West Ham? Was their relegation scare just a fluke? Doesn't seem like they've changed much apart from shipping off Declan Rice. Alphonse was a stone wall, but if they tighten up that defense they may be a top half team this year.

Last edited:
As a Spurs fan I really enjoy what I’m seeing so far. I’m a realist though, and we’ve had good season starts before which always tends to end in decay.

But again, I really enjoy what I’m seeing and I can’t remember the last time I did.

Messi is just outrageous. Feels like a video game.
Great first pass, but very passive defending after it. 5 players in the box, and not a single one runs alongside Messi to mark him and in the very least make it more difficult to just tap it in? I've seen charity matches with defenses trying harder to stop a goal. :lol:

Everton have signed Portugese striker Beto from Udinese for up to £30 million.
Fulham have signed Timothy Castagne from Leicester for an undisclosed fee.
Sheffield United have signed Cameron Archer from Aston Villa for £18 million.
West Ham have signed Mohammed Kudus from Ajax for £38 million.

Transfer window in England shuts on Friday.

Great first pass, but very passive defending after it. 5 players in the box, and not a single one runs alongside Messi to mark him and in the very least make it more difficult to just tap it in? I've seen charity matches with defenses trying harder to stop a goal. :lol:
Yeah, totally. It's a disgrace lol. In the couple of MLS games I've watched so far, I've noticed that the guys tire out super fast and nobody really has the pace or the fitness to support the constant running and movement that you see in the euro leagues. Watching guys like Kyle Walker and that huge guy on Newcastle's back line fly around with endless energy is freaking amazing.

Latest Posts

Back