2023-bmw-i7-rear-seats-1650375816.jpg

2023-bmw-i7-rear-entertainment-screen-1650375832.jpg

Petrol V8 760i:
2023-bmw-760i-xdrive-101-1650340309.jpg

2023-bmw-760i-xdrive-102-1650340310.jpg

2023-bmw-760i-xdrive-103-1650340310.jpg

2023-bmw-760i-xdrive-105-1650340309.jpg

2023-bmw-760i-xdrive-104-1650340312.jpg

The current 7 Series was actually rather okay looking even with the big grille after the facelift, but this… A8 all day every day for me, just like before.

The interior looks absolutely amazing though, I gotta give them that. It’s so futuristic and luxurious, can’t wait to see how Audi and MB respond.

Last edited:
The current 7 Series was actually rather okay looking even with the big grille after the facelift, but this… A8 all day every day for me, just like before.

The interior looks absolutely amazing though, I gotta give them that. It’s so futuristic and luxurious, can’t wait to see how Audi and MB respond.
Funny how we all thought the current 7-Series LCI looked bad when it came out. But now it seems alright compared to this... I'll admit the split headlight design isn't as bad as I thought it'd be on the X7, but not so for the 7-Series sedan.

BMW has been good with the usage of tech with physical controls not completely going away. But after the dealership I work at got our i4 and iX demos, I can't say I'm as big into the new iDrive 8 system. Removing physical HVAC controls was a big mistake and the iX turned the once light switch/dial to buttons to now as few buttons as possible and a menu instead...

It's a big shame, as I can see shades of E32 aft of the front wheels. The front is just insipid, though.

Actually love the interior, it's a two generation leap from the existing models.

I think this would actually work if the actual headlights were placed where the fake headlight slits/eyebrows exist. Right now it just looks confused and the actual headlights landing basically on center with the grill is pretty nasty. The massing of the car overall is pretty decent and the interior is excellent though I am getting a little annoyed that everyone is doing the 2003 Nissan Elgrand interior trick with the infotainment & gauge cluster.

20160427_161918_resized.jpg

I think this would actually work if the actual headlights were placed where the fake headlight slits/eyebrows exist. Right now it just looks confused and the actual headlights landing basically on center with the grill is pretty nasty. The massing of the car overall is pretty decent and the interior is excellent though I am getting a little annoyed that everyone is doing the 2003 Nissan Elgrand interior trick with the infotainment & gauge cluster.

And the interior of the Nissan Y34 was two decades ahead of what the German/Lexus did to their cars:

nissan-gloria-y34--1999-281498.jpg

I'm fine with the interior. BMW just lost me with these exterior elements. The 2 is wrong, this 7 is wrong. The 7 SUV is wrong. The wheels on the beige 7, look like a kid that doodled an outline over the wheels, with a black pen.

The car doesn't look futuristic, like how the M1 still does. This 7 is not even a good interpretation or attempt at Bauhaus style. I'm peeved, Man. Electric razors have a bit more character than this. I've been up in arms over the 7 before, but this is bad. I know every BMW can't be an '89 750iL w/Dinan Twin Turbos, but damn, Man...

The interior looks absolutely amazing though, I gotta give them that. It’s so futuristic and luxurious
But the best thing about the interior is, reflections aside, you can't see the exterior whist sat in one.

The M760e bothers me more than it should. Mostly due to the font size not matching, it makes it look tacky like someone who slaps on an M badge on their non-M car. Already seen it on the BMW i4 M50.
bmw-m760e-xDrive-20.jpg

Reminds me too much of this:
attachment.php

Yep, we all owe Chris Bangle an apology, things could get worse.

Although a lot of the Bangle-era BMW's have actually aged rather well, the E65 still is ugly, but not as bad as this.

Grill Aside, the rest just looks so generic.

It would be pretty good if they had figured out where they wanted to place the lights. Now it just looks like a car with two faces.

I actually don't like the "massing" because the gas and EV have a stared chassis. This is a big cost saving to BMW but a bad design choice imo. Both cars will be compromised because of it, and the most obvious compromise on the outside is that the car looks like it's sitting on top the wheels, on top a skateboard...because it is. The problem is, EVs have to be designed in a way so they don't look like they're actually sitting 8 inches taller than a gasoline equivalent. Imo, BMW has failed to do this. It's a very subtle design problem but to me it just looks lazy. They wanted this thing to look like a normal 7 series but you simply can't design that way with an EV platform. It's clear from the tremendous amount of horizontal design elements that they were struggling to reduce the thiccness of the body and visually lower this thing so it didn't like like an SUV going down the road. It's just not right. It looks short and tall which a 7 series should be neither of those things.

That said, I do think the silhouette is more traditional 90s BMW than its been in a long time but the details and proportions through it off. While the silhouette is similar to an E39 5-series, it somehow looks shorter and taller than an E39.

Last edited:
I had a good look at one of these today for the first time up close...and its absolutely awful. It's not only very ugly and badly proportioned, the quality looks absolutely ****. As example, there was very obvious oil-canning of the sheet metal around the door handle-things (in fact, you can see it even in the official photos, though it was more pronounced IRL)...probably because they used too light of a gauge for how flat the door skins are. The panel gaps are all over the place in terms of placement & tolerance. It looks like a current Honda Accord made by 1980s Korea. Shockingly bad. I can't believe BMW dares to put their flagship badge on this piece of garbage.

Back