2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
I guess this was to be expected.

Hypercar has become more about prototype racing rather than road going cars.

No way SCG was going to compete it was too expensive and costly.

Oh well its been a good run.

Yeeessssss
1698093192039.jpeg

1698093377541.jpeg

As far as if read about the LMGT3 regulation parts, those should just be the LM kit. I don’t think we’ll see an EVO kit on the RC Fs. Of course I could be wrong, but haven’t seen anything on the Toyota Gazoo Racing channels or Super Taikyu, in regards to an EVO kit. I’d be expecting resources are being put towards the new GR GT3 car.

I just realized that the upcoming race is the last one for the gte cars. I will miss them, especially the 488 gte (for me the best looking ferrari) and the rsr-19 (mid-engine porsche :D)

Yeeessssss

I've been passing in front of their workshops for years, sometimes you can spot their cars when they're getting ready to put them in the trucks or get them out. I think I've seen almost all of them over the years, from the Renault Clio V6 Trophy or Porsche Carrera Cup to the Ferrari 458 GT3 and then the Mercedes GT3 during the last years. I can't wait to see their new Lexus!

Corvette Racing isn't really going anywhere. The team that was running the branded name still exists and are still racing Corvettes in the US. Theyre just dropping the Corvette Racing branding because of the LMGT3 rules

Last edited:
All I can say is Toyota just has the best all round package. So congrats to them on their titles. I really felt sorry for Iron Lynx as they had to retire due to their drivers getting ill but still a good win for Iron Dames as the GT Am gave some pretty good battles.

Many teams and manufacturers will be playing catch up. I hope it get more closer next year I hope Ferrari Af Corse can win the WEC.

Im happy for the Lemans victory it was so surreal to see a Ferrari winning Lemans. Rumours of Ferrari supporting a 3rd car this might be run by Richardmille Af Corse.

Also Rumours of Risi Competizione taking the 499P to Imsa but this is all just rumours.

Last edited:
I still think post Le Mans BoP was quite sketchy, not to say Toyota wouldnt have won anyway but the BoP just let them ran away with it

Last edited:
I still think post Le Mans BoP was quite sketchy, not to say Toyota wouldnt have won anyway but the BoP just let them ran away with it
If it wasnt for the spin. Toyota would have won.

Still happy Ferrari won. Good about 24 Hours it can go either way while in the 8 hours and 6 Hours, Toyota blitzed the field. I think the Gr010 could go for 2024 but Toyota should get a new car ready for 2025. They are working on a ICE with Hydrogen which is going to be interesting to see. Toyota has been a pioneer of hydrogen so this could pay off in the long run.

Last edited:
If it wasnt for the spin. Toyota would have won.

Still happy Ferrari won. Good about 24 Hours it can go either way while in the 8 hours and 6 Hours, Toyota blitzed the field. I think the Gr010 could go for 2024 but Toyota should get a new car ready for 2025. They are working on a ICE with Hydrogen which is going to be interesting to see. Toyota has been a pioneer of hydrogen so this could pay off in the long run.
I was referring the BoP after the race where Toyota rarely changed and Ferrari got crippled which likely had an effect on how easy Toyota won the remaining races, even though its likely they would have won them anyway

Last edited:
I was referring the BoP after the race where Toyota rare changed and Ferrari got crippled which likely had an effect on how easy Toyota won the remaining races, even though its likely they would have won them anyway
Indeed Ferrari got hit with BOP and basically nerfed them. Toyota got BOP so many times but they adapted to it so many times.

I hope Af Corse can adapt and improve.

I dont see the LMDHs getting any BOP but for me Peugoet is still a dark horse they could come back to the top with their new Evo package. I still commend Peugoet for trying something new. I also commend Nissan for trying something new in 2015 with GTR LM Nismo too bad their concepts did not work.

To be fair on Peugeot, their design was specifcally for Le Mans and it did work to an extent when they were leading.

But of course building a car for one specific race in a World Championship isnt sustainable long term

To be fair on Peugeot, their design was specifcally for Le Mans and it did work to an extent when they were leading.

But of course building a car for one specific race in a World Championship isnt sustainable long term
Indeed, Lemans has always been the holy grail.

A lot of manufacturers even prepare specially made cars just to win that race.

Toyota Gt one and the Mercedes CLR were literally made just so they can win Lemans.

Indeed Ferrari got hit with BOP and basically nerfed them. Toyota got BOP so many times but they adapted to it so many times.
Wasnt just about adapting, Toyotas hit after Le Mans was very little. It seemed odd when even Cadillac got hurt more.

Last edited:
Tickets for Le Mans 2024 are on sale now for ACO members, and go on general sale at 10am, Wednesday 15th November.

I'd love to go, but I doubt I will - I am planning to go to Spa for the 24h again next year, and it's only 2 weeks after Le Mans, so I reckon I will watch LM on TV and attend Spa instead.

I'm toying with the idea of making it to a different FIA WEC event though - I reckon Fuji is out of the question, but that's the dream :lol: Imola is very tempting, but it's a long way (and a lot of money) for a 6h race - esp. the Fuji race...

Back