2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
They've stopped doing those since Sebring this year.

The ACO's management of their own race series are a joke (same for IMSA in this regard).
For such a detailed and nuanced sport as sportscar/endurance racing, they couldn't even bother to make a proper highlight/recap reel for their races, when you'd think that an official detailed recap/highlight should be basic for any kind of competitive sport worldwide. The "highlights" that they show are merely a collection of replays that feature a few action moments in the race, paying no attention whatsoever to the actual important details involved - strategy battles, actually important in-class fights, impactful penalties, etc.
You'd watch them and come out without a clue of how the winners won, how the losers lost, and just how the race overall turned out as it did.

I've been trying to do what these race organizations couldn't by making my own proper, in-depth weekend recaps for every race on youtube, but unfortunately my own efforts are rather powerless compared to what their media teams could do (but chose not to).

They do a debrief video after every race. Guessing they don't do "The Movie" edits anymore because they never got crap for views, especially compared to the full race replays of the same event.

From Monza as the Fuji one isn't up yet.

Are you sure about IMSA doing that? They literally have full race replays uploaded within the same week (Something that last I checked, WEC doesn't even do at all)
IIRC they upload the full race the Saturday after the race.

Last edited:
Are you sure about IMSA doing that? They literally have full race replays uploaded within the same week (Something that last I checked, WEC doesn't even do at all)
I'm talking about their treatment regarding stuff like proper highlights and recaps. IMSA's "highlight reel" which they call a recap is just as bad as WEC's stuff.
A main thing with endurance racing is that not every viewer following it may have the time of effort to catch a full replay, and a recap reel containing the "essentials" of a race would be very helpful to many fans.

Some thoughts about LMGT3, who's in, who's not so much, plus some Hypercar speculation, nothing truly groundbreaking, just gathering what we roughly know:

Supposedly these are leaked press shots of the WEC Valkyrie that’s going to be announced in about an hour:

C325F485-DAE8-4FC8-8494-5069428ACC2C.png

8233FE4E-AF6D-46C9-87BE-20726C16A726.png

To be operated by Heart of Racing, who’s essentially Aston’s primary customer team now. They’ve owned a Valkyrie for private use for at least a year and a half now, entirely likely they were working on the project with Aston in secret this whole time.

Edit:

It’s official :drool:

Last edited:
Obsolete already no hybrid.

Aston martin has not learnt anything in 2009 and 2011.

Hence why they will never get the overall win.

Both impatient and cautious. 2025 is far away from now and that's a lot of opportunities to cancel the program again...

Both impatient and cautious. 2025 is far away from now and that's a lot of opportunities to cancel the program again...
Aston could pull out but HoR wouldn’t let it die until it fails on track. They’re funded by two billionaires, primarily Gabe Newell (Steam/Valve founder) and already operate several GT4, GT3, and FD campaigns.

I do find it odd they apparently chose to go with no hybrid system, which as much as I'd like the Valkyrie to do good, will be at a significant disadvantage.

I do find it odd they apparently chose to go with no hybrid system, which as much as I'd like the Valkyrie to do good, will be at a significant disadvantage.
I agree. It reminds of Nissan in 2015. Mind you the difference there was the hybrid was supposed to work.

I guess this was to be expected.

I have mixed feelings about this...
SCG (or better Jim Glickenhaus) sometimes seems arrogant in interviews or declines offerings because they don't get enough money out of something (https://www.gtplanet.net/scg-gran-turismo-fair-royalty-20200903/) and it doesn't surprise me that they don't have the budget for developing an EVO package/running another season.
On the the other side this means there is one hypercar manufacturer less in the wec, especially one with a beautiful car and non-hybrid engine...

Back