2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
Cadillac passes both Ferraris, mainly due to not changing tyres... pity they locked up badly on the way into the pits though, and now Westbrook is reporting the tyres need to be changed :ouch: - and the Ferraris are back past already before Westbrook even stops again.

Last edited:
Lapping the slower cars seems even more of a challenge than normal in Portimao due to rollercoaster it is, I mean visibility is bad enough as it is in these cars!

Could have delt with that with a full course yellow.
That and a new pair of underpants for JV...

-

Superb drive by Catsburg for the LMGTE AM win, and a brilliant performance from #23 United with no radio. Great to see 5 different manufacturers in the Top 5 of the Hypercar, and 4 female drivers on the podium in GTE AM too.

After a shaky start, I'm v happy with my decision to subscribe for the season - if not for work I'd love to be able to travel to Spa in two weeks time - maybe next year?

lmp2 winner doens't know where to go for the podium after the race; comentator: "maybe you should win more often?" 💩

Very entertaining race for me: nice gte and lmp2 battles. The new hypercars are getting better but still not close enough to compete with toyota.

Good result, another 4th for Cadillac. Really thought they were going to get a podium when the Porsche had to make a splash-and-go at the end.

This should be interesting if it goes through. Letting the Hypercar OEM's pick the LMGT3 teams?
wait... fia removes next season the lmp2 cars? that sucks. for me some of the most interesting battles where in that category

Given that Lego are launching a 1:10 scale model of this car at Le Mans, it seems a tad unfortunate that the livery featured on the model will be redundant by then...

Or Lego already know about it and have design the set in that colour scheme?

I feel I was a bit harsh on the Peugeots and to be fair they did alright. Better than Glickenhaus

wait... fia removes next season the lmp2 cars? that sucks. for me some of the most interesting battles where in that category
Yeah it’s a bit of a bummer, but in a way it makes sense. The lmh/lmdhs aren’t a lot faster than the LMP2s. Glickenhaus was only a second quicker in quali, and Vanwall was only half a second up.

Ferrari Toyota on pole for tomorrow. the Ferrari was fastest but lost the lap. The top three separated by very little indeed. Looks to be a close race tomorrow. There will be in car cameras on YouTube for anyone who can't watch the race live.

Af Corse can get the job done while Scuderia Ferrari is imploding.

I know F1 and sportscar racing is different but man seeing the Ferrari 499P get pole in Sebring and 2 podiums make me happy. Scuderia Ferrari just continues on with heartbreak after heartbreak.

I just want to see Ferrari get its 10 Lemans overall win.

Last edited:
Af Corse can get the job done while Scuderia Ferrari is imploding.

I know F1 and sportscar racing is different but man seeing the Ferrari 499P get pole in Sebring and 2 podiums make me happy. Scuderia Ferrari just continues on with heartbreak after heartbreak.

I just want to see Ferrari get its 10 Lemans overall win.
It tends to help that AF Corse isn't being obsessively watched over like a hawk by People who are only there on Nepotisism like the F1 team does and can actually do what they know how to do. Like seriously, it would do so much more good for them if they actually took a page from Mercedes and let the race team do what they need to do without the corporate interference (Which they literally saw didn't work for Jaguar or Toyota during their winning period). That and frankly (In my opinion anyway), Amato Ferrari is a way better leader then Ferrari themelves are.

It tends to help that AF Corse isn't being obsessively watched over like a hawk by People who are only there on Nepotisism like the F1 team does and can actually do what they know how to do. Like seriously, it would do so much more good for them if they actually took a page from Mercedes and let the race team do what they need to do without the corporate interference (Which they literally saw didn't work for Jaguar or Toyota during their winning period). That and frankly (In my opinion anyway), Amato Ferrari is a way better leader then Ferrari themelves are.
Indeed thats what I realised with Af Corse they are really ran well. Well drilled team not to mention not too political or wasting their time with useless matters.

Af corse is also not run by corporates even if they are with Ferrari when it comes to the 499P they basically have the autonomy they need rather than having Ceos and John Elkann watching over them like eagles.

Honestly John Elkann became top head of Ferrari thanks to Nepotism just because Gianni Agnelli chose him as his successor before he passed away in 2003.

Im happy Charles Leclerc getting pole but still have doubts because even the fans no longer have confidence in Scuderia Ferrari.

By this rate I think Ferrari fans will be watching WEC more.

Indeed thats what I realised with Af Corse they are really ran well. Well drilled team not to mention not too political or wasting their time with useless matters.

Af corse is also not run by corporates even if they are with Ferrari when it comes to the 499P they basically have the autonomy they need rather than having Ceos and John Elkann watching over them like eagles.

Honestly John Elkann became top head of Ferrari thanks to Nepotism just because Gianni Agnelli chose him as his successor before he passed away in 2003.

Im happy Charles Leclerc getting pole but still have doubts because even the fans no longer have confidence in Scuderia Ferrari.

By this rate I think Ferrari fans will be watching WEC more.
Until the day Scuderia Ferrari changes the way they do that, I think the ferrari fans should tune in to WEC to see what a real well run competitive Ferrari team looks like. Sure right now they aren't perfect but this is a learning year as a Team going from running GT cars for what feels like decades to now running a Prototype so at most, they just need time to iron out the kinks and smoothen things over in their first year.

Last edited:
Back