2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
I see ACO has pulled a fast one and decided to go against their own “No BOP changes until after Le Mans”.

Kamui doesn’t seem pleased.

Alpine to reveal their 2024 LMDh on June 7th

alpine-lmdh-1.webp

Christened the Alpine A110 R Le Mans, the Oreca LMP2-based hybrid contender will be revealed on 7 June at the Circuit de la Sarthe ahead of the centenary edition of the French endurance classic.

It will succeed the Alpine A480-Gibson with which the French manufacturer competed in the WEC in 2021-22, before returning to the LMP2 class this year with an Oreca 07.

The A480 was an Oreca-built car originally designed for the defunct Rebellion Racing team, meaning the A100 R Le Mans will be the first Hypercar that will be manufactured directly by Alpine - although it will be based on Oreca’s next-generation LMP2 chassis as part of the LMDh regulations.

Alpine intends to run two cars in the WEC next year, when the Hypercar field will be bolstered further by entries from Lamborghini and BMW.

What's the longest a Nascar Car has lasted at Le Mans? Can't imagine it was longer then 6 if I recall.

Last edited:
I wonder where it's making all it's time. 3 seconds faster then GT cars, but the top speed is the same. I'm guessing the fast corners with all the aero it has

Last edited:
I wonder where it's making all it's time. 3 seconds faster then GT cars, but the top speed is the same. I'm guessing the fast corners with all the aero it has
In big ol' bags of sand.

More precisely, G56 has no reason to care about BOP at all, but all of GTE does and the quickest GTE-Am was 3.5 seconds slower than in 2022.

Nobody wants the ACO's BOP fairies to come down on them due to a rapid lap at the Test Day, so it's sandbags at dawn.

We'll see the real pace in qualifying - although the G56 is still pretty damn fast; if it were a GTE-Am entry the time would have been in Hyperpole in 2022, but qualified sixth.

What's the longest a Nascar Car has lasted at Le Mans? Can't imagine it was longer then 6 if I recall.
The only other time they tried it in the '70s, one retired shortly into the race after poor quality fuel caused engine problems and the other retired a few hours later after the transmission gave out since it wasn't designed for that much abuse.

In big ol' bags of sand.

More precisely, G56 has no reason to care about BOP at all, but all of GTE does and the quickest GTE-Am was 3.5 seconds slower than in 2022.

Nobody wants the ACO's BOP fairies to come down on them due to a rapid lap at the Test Day, so it's sandbags at dawn.

We'll see the real pace in qualifying - although the G56 is still pretty damn fast; if it were a GTE-Am entry the time would have been in Hyperpole in 2022, but qualified sixth.
The car weighs 200 more pounds than the Porsche GTE but has about 150 more horsepower. I think the behavior and numbers we’re seeing are pretty legit. Acceleration is where it’s making much of the time.

Another place it can compensate for apex speed is by attacking curbs. Testing videos show it absolutely destroying curbs like they don’t even exist. Let’s hope the mechanicals can take the abuse but I suspect they can.

Button says the spoiler is a barn door at top speed so they might even test a smaller one to squeeze more out.

@Earth its top speed today is about 3kmh higher than the fastest GTE AM so who knows how much higher than the slower cars.

Last edited:
2022 GTE-Am fast lap test day 3:54.827 57 Kessel racing 488 evo
2022 GTE-Am Hyper pole 3:52.594 61 AF Corse 488 evo

2023 GTE test day 3:56.008 66 JMW 488 evo

The Ferrari's are -15 kg than last year with slightly more boost (.01), Porsche are +5kg but have the GTE-Pro +.5 larger restrictor. Corvette is +20kg over their '22 Pro weight with -.6 restrictor and the Aston Martin is the same weight with +.06 boost.

In 2022 GTE-Am cars ran +10kg over their GTE-Pro models with less power.

One thing to consider when qualifying comes around is the rule that the bronze drivers have to qualify and start the race so the pole time will be slower. The Camaro should be faster than the GTE Am drivers even if they just stick a race setup since I think they will start at the back regardless of time.

Last edited:
Practice 1 is live. Flaky on the WEC site so I subbed to Discovery for a month which works nice.

Back