Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,579 comments
Note to self: It's the GT1 Aston Martin that has the fuel economy, not the GT3... seriously, how can this thing be slower and yet barely be able to make 20 laps? Thanks mr. BOP...
Ran up front for most of slots 1 and 3, but ended up getting shoved wide in both. Meh points but that's not the goal anyway. I haven't been doing Daily Races much at all lately, but I want A+ before the next season starts. I'm almost 3/4 of the way there now, so... I think it's doable.

@fardoche that was me on my alt account. Thanks for the bump draft! With your help I was able to climb back up the ranks after getting put maneuvered when I was in P3.
The corvette would have slowed us down so I had to catch you trying to go around him to get you back in the draft.
As we came to the finish line, the car in P7 started swerving to break the draft. I guess he swerved too far and crossed the double yellow getting a 1 second penalty. Lucky for us, that penalty got me to P7 and @fardoche to P8.
P7 was what I needed for the score to count!

It was great racing with you!
Hey @jimihemmy Great to get your perspective on that race. You are right we finished 7th an 8th! Even better.
I am not used to these type of race, I was holding tight when bumping your car, specially while turning. Last thing I wanted was make you spinning out of control. I did not even try a move to get ahead of you, as I owned you the position I was at. (My personal honor system, the one that make me sleep well at night ;) )

I was so happy when you moved from the left, ahead of the Corvette, to the right, ahead of me... that was an awesome move. You are a great sim driver to be able strategize what is happening in the back like that! Great job.

Hey @jimihemmy I did not even try a move to get ahead of you, as I owned you the position I was at. (My personal honor system, the one that make me sleep well at night ;) )

I was the guy in front in my race and was waiting for P2 to make a move since we were 10s ahead of P3 so we had plenty of time to “go racing” but he seemed fine with P2. I’d also have defended (and kind of indicated I would), but with the primary goal of us both crossing the finish line ahead of P3.

Skipping Daytona lost me a few credits, dropped to 3rd in my region.

IMG_3987.jpeg

Not sure about future seasons. If they compress the schedule into a few weeks I could get a months Plus to take part. Did still want to do a Manufacturers series with Dodge or Alfa.

This Nations Cup was pretty bad, IMO. I give it a 2/10. The combos just didn't speak to me. Three out of the five of these were predetermined BoP’d cars that we couldn’t even pick from our own garages (I love watching replays and taking photos, and when all the cars look the same it kills that vibe); two of them being oval races to boot.

I participated in a three of the Nations races with the mosr fun one being LeMans. It was, at least, and opportunity to use a car I’ve not used before in the Hyundai VGT which was really fun to drive around good ol’ Satrhe (still think it’s stupid that VGTs, the hybrids, and GrC cars are all lumped into the same category, but I digress).

2b187c19ac28d3f1fdbf220c6377c6b3_photo.webp

Best point haul was a P1 in GT1 on the US side (with a little help from Dragline!); this one GT1 race net me almost 3million bucks.

690e52a53a3e395851432023ac0ce73f_photo.webp

Glad this Nations is finally over.…….. NEXT!

Last edited:
Silvers across the board for me.

IMG_1006.JPG

Not bad, I suppose. I'll take it.

Overall, I found this series disappointing, especially compared to the Manufacturers Cup. In GT2/3, four of the races were no-stop sprints -- two of them at foot-to-the-floor-from-start-to-finish ovals. Three of them used event-provided cars with hidden tunes, so there was no way to practice with them prior to the race. No weather.

My favourite race was the X2019 one at Maggiore. I'm not a big fan of the car, but the requirement for using all three tire compounds at least added an element of strategy to the race. I enjoyed preparing for it, working out a pit strategy and learning to drive that car faster on the track. And in the race, you didn't really know how things were going to shake out until the final lap.

Le Mans had a lot of potential. I'd spent a lot of time practicing and preparing for rain, which I feel would have made for much more interesting race. But in the end it was just a sunny sprint. Everybody just jumped in their favourite Gr.C car -- mostly Nissans -- and slapped on @Mistah_MCA's tune. In my race, there was one sector of somewhat close racing before the field spread out and I was left on my own to turn laps. Kinda dull.

The races at the ovals were fun, I guess. The racing was close, anyway. They didn't take any degree of preparation, though. Just show up, put your to foot the floor, and bump draft your way to the front, hoping that nobody pits you along the way. One of those races was more than enough for me.

Ranking all races for both series for me, favorite to least favorite, grouped into tiers and indication if podium:

Manu R3 - Nurburgring 24h (P2)

Nations R2 - Lago Maggiore
Manu R1 - Suzuka (P3)
Nations R3 - Le Mans (P2)

Manu R5 - Barcelona
Manu R2 - Dragon Valley
Manu R4 - Grand Valley

Nations R4 - SSRX (P1)
Nations R5 - Daytona (P1)

Nations R1 - Deep Forest

The only reason the ovals aren’t at the bottom is that I like winning and I won those. LeMans would have been in the top tier with weather.

Last edited:
Hey @jimihemmy Great to get your perspective on that race. You are right we finished 7th an 8th! Even better.
I am not used to these type of race, I was holding tight when bumping your car, specially while turning. Last thing I wanted was make you spinning out of control. I did not even try a move to get ahead of you, as I owned you the position I was at. (My personal honor system, the one that make me sleep well at night ;) )

I was so happy when you moved from the left, ahead of the Corvette, to the right, ahead of me... that was an awesome move. You are a great sim driver to be able strategize what is happening in the back like that! Great job.
You don't owe me anything! I owed you for helping me get back into 7th. If we were by ourselves coming to the line, I would've slowed right before the finish to give you the spot because of your help! Helping you get by the Corvette was my show of appreciation for your help.

I wasn't worried about the bumps because it seemed like you were trying to help me. If it went bad, I would have just assumed it was an accident.

It is great to be racing with folks who just want to race and understand what is going on. I would race with you anytime my friend.:cheers:

Last edited:
For me, this season is kind of a hard one to rate, because I didn't do some of the early combos while the server issues were happening. That's probably the first thing I want from future seasons, working servers all the way through the seasons! Though hopefully that shouldn't be a worry - I think some of PD's resources will switch towards online once GTS's servers go down.

I like the concept of Nations having a set of cars with predetermined BoPs rather than stock one-makes, but a) they need to be better balanced so that multiple cars get used, and b) I definitely prefer the type of variety we had at Deep Forest to "here's Gr.3 again, just with a different BoP". But anything they do that expands the amount of cars that get used in Sport Mode gets at least a partial thumbs up from me.

I don't think I can really judge Manufacturers even with the rounds I did do, because I made a really bad manufacturer pick so I wasn't enjoying it for non-combo reasons. The only comment I'll make is, as much as I do really like it, it feels like there's been a Grand Valley race every season since the track got added. It wouldn't hurt to give it a rest for one season.

I still think it's good that GT2 races aren't the endurances that GT1 ones are. Even at the 40-minute mark I was finding it hard to maintain focus, having to do double that I don't think would have been any fun. Especially in Nations races in high-downforce cars where the field spread is massive so there's not much racing.

IMG_3085.jpeg
Hi all,
It’s been be fun participating for the first time in a full season and reading your reports. I’ve been using my European account as a test bed and Saturday had 2 terrible races in GT3 being crashed out after pole and 3rd place starting positions. My experience in GT2 on the North American server was much better starting on pole position and finishing in first after a clean drafting partnership with Cole_Trickle, Senerio and TC55xx. Thank you for the clean race and sportsmanship to those drivers.

I was able to maximize the credit haul for both Nations and Manufacturers and look forward to the next season.
IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3087.jpeg

This Nations Cup was pretty bad, IMO. I give it a 2/10. The combos just didn't speak to me.

Pretty much the same take away from me. I enjoyed the X2019 race the most. The use of all 3 tire compounds and different pit strategies made it interesting. LeMans was the most disappointing for me. The combo of cars and lack of weather made it “meh” at best.

Manufacturers was pretty bad too. I missed GV due to being out of town. The others were okay, at best. I did enjoy the final round surprisingly. I had decent results on both accounts and the races were kinda fun.

This was my first season competing in GTWS and I had a lot of fun! Long races and permanent damage made it really good, close and respectable racing. Occasional crashes and mistakes could still be mostly recovered throughout the entire race. Figuring out the correct strategy was something new to me as well. Got 2 wins in Nations and 3 top 5s in the Manufacturers. Finished 2nd in Alfa in Manufacturers and highest ranked A/S in the Nations. I am on the verge of A+ now thanks to the performance this season.

My main issue during the season was controlling the tyre wear playing on the controller. I wonder what is the best car to handle it for the next season, do you guys have some recommendations? I would wish also to have more slots in GT1 - having all in the Saturday afternoon is not quite ideal. I haven't played with the tuning at all in Manufacturers and only borrowed @Mistah_MCA tune for Le Mans race in Nations.
manu.png

nations.png

ALL.png

@Yard_Sale I’m ready with Mazda or AMG. Wanted to be in GT1 for the longer races the whole season… now I’m there and want to start before I lose it 😂
Create an alt. And save your main for GTWS and daily combos you’re good at. I have my US main, and then a GT1 alt in in the oceanic and EMEA regions. I’m actually going to start a new NA alt tomorrow strictly so I can use it on daily combos I usually avoid and/or come into way too late in the week. I know it can be frowned upon to save accounts strictly for daily combos you’re good at…because it artificially inflates your DR, but whatever. No shame in my game.

I spent the last 10 IG hours running baseline testing for next season. I was in Porsche this past season, but hoping that they give GT1 group 4 races next season, I’m entertaining other Manus - namely McLaren, Renault and god-forbid….. Ferrari again

I’ve literally spent 7 of the last 10 hours spinning laps around Nurburgring, trying to find a tune that the 458 GT3 will like. I haven’t found one yet, nor do I think I will. Not at the ring’ at least. Whom I go with will largely depend on the tire combo/multipliers for the group 3 rounds. In high tire-wear rounds, or ones that will necessitate long stints, the 458 is a sitting duck.

Watch, with my luck they’ll do a big physics and BOP update in December, and all my testing will be for nothing 😂. Oh well, at least I had a blast doing it

Last edited:
Anyone else already low-key testing for next Manu season?
If I do renew PS Plus at some point to take part, have been looking at the teams with FF cars in Gr4. Need a challenge and I struggle to drive them well with GT7 physics. Have to learn if I'm ever going to live out my BTCC dreams. Did one short season in the past with Suzuki, now Mazda is obviously tempting or I could go German with VW/Audi.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing if there’ll be another exhibition series soon, especially with all the new content from this last update as well as what could be coming in the next. I’d be totally down for say, a one-make race with the latest 911 GT3 RS in there, maybe even at the Nurburgring GP.

Yeah, if there’s another exhibition series, I don’t think it’ll get announced until after the GTWS World Final this weekend.

Last edited:
Kinda. I have a list of some that I am wanting to use as I've not used them yet. Some of the front runners are Lexus, Aston, Lambo, maybe Ferrari, Hyundai (not Genesis), or Ford (Mustang or GT 18 only as I've picked Ford multiple times, but only for the LM II). But I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it as I want to wait and see the race combos first.

I wasn't... Until somebody on GTPlanet planted the idea in my head. Next I know, I'm spending my evenings with a spreadsheet open on my laptop, test-driving cars in qualification laps at the Daily Races. Thanks a lot. ;)

Here are the results sorted by the fastest combined time (Gr.4 opt time at Monza + Gr.3 opt time at Grand Valley - Highway 1):

ManufacturerGr.4 carGr.4 opt timeGr.3 carGr.3 opt timeCombined time
MazdaMazda3 Gr.41:58.614RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT1:49.2643:47.878
LambourghiniHuracan Gr.41:59.312Huracan GT3 '151:49.0923:48.404
GenesisG70 Gr.41:59.750Genesis X GR31:48.8983:48.648
SubaruWRX Gr.41:58.918BRZ GT300 '211:49.7483:48.666
MercedesSLS AMG Gr.41:59.299SLS AMG GT3 '111:49.4283:48.727
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.41:59.112458 Italia GT3 '131:49.6233:48.735
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '191:59.616GR Supra Racing Concept '181:49.1493:48.765
Aston MartinV8 Vantage Gr.41:59.188V12 Vantage FT3 '121:49.5963:48.784
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car1:59.589GT-R NISMO GT3 '181:49.2283:48.817
McLaren650S Gr.41:59.918650S GT3 '151:49.3323:49.250
JaguarF-type Gr.41:58.992F-type Gr.31:50.2613:49.253
LexusRC F Gr.41:59.530RC F GT3 '171:49.8583:49.388
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '161:59.720911 RSR (991) '171:49.7223:49.442
AudiTT Cup '162:00.115R8 LMS '151:49.3453:49.460
RenaultMegane Gr.41:59.276R.S.01 GT3 '161:50.2683:49.544
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.41:59.526Beetle Gr.31:50.1733:49.699
PeugeotRCZ Gr.41:59.535RCZ Gr.31:50.3713:49.906
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.42:00.4244C Gr.31:49.5373:49.961
BMWM4 Gr.42:01.973M6 GT3 Sprint Model '161:49.7283:51.701

You'll notice that not all the manufacturers are listed. I only tested the ones I was interested in. I might still add some American manufacturers.

Also, please don't laugh too hard at how slow my lap times are.

I wasn't... Until somebody on GTPlanet planted the idea in my head. Next I know, I'm spending my evenings with a spreadsheet open on my laptop, test-driving cars in qualification laps at the Daily Races. Thanks a lot. ;)

Here are the results sorted by the fastest combined time (Gr.4 opt time at Monza + Gr.3 opt time at Grand Valley - Highway 1):

ManufacturerGr.4 carGr.4 opt timeGr.3 carGr.3 opt timeCombined time
MazdaMazda3 Gr.41:58.614RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT1:49.2643:47.878
LambourghiniHuracan Gr.41:59.312Huracan GT3 '151:49.0923:48.404
GenesisG70 Gr.41:59.750Genesis X GR31:48.8983:48.648
SubaruWRX Gr.41:58.918BRZ GT300 '211:49.7483:48.666
MercedesSLS AMG Gr.41:59.299SLS AMG GT3 '111:49.4283:48.727
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.41:59.112458 Italia GT3 '131:49.6233:48.735
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '191:59.616GR Supra Racing Concept '181:49.1493:48.765
Aston MartinV8 Vantage Gr.41:59.188V12 Vantage FT3 '121:49.5963:48.784
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car1:59.589GT-R NISMO GT3 '181:49.2283:48.817
McLaren650S Gr.41:59.918650S GT3 '151:49.3323:49.250
JaguarF-type Gr.41:58.992F-type Gr.31:50.2613:49.253
LexusRC F Gr.41:59.530RC F GT3 '171:49.8583:49.388
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '161:59.720911 RSR (991) '171:49.7223:49.442
AudiTT Cup '162:00.115R8 LMS '151:49.3453:49.460
RenaultMegane Gr.41:59.276R.S.01 GT3 '161:50.2683:49.544
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.41:59.526Beetle Gr.31:50.1733:49.699
PeugeotRCZ Gr.41:59.535RCZ Gr.31:50.3713:49.906
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.42:00.4244C Gr.31:49.5373:49.961
BMWM4 Gr.42:01.973M6 GT3 Sprint Model '161:49.7283:51.701

You'll notice that not all the manufacturers are listed. I only tested the ones I was interested in. I might still add some American manufacturers.

Also, please don't laugh too hard at how slow my lap times are.
My only question is why did you test the SLS Gr.3 and not the AMG ‘16 or ‘20?

My only question is why did you test the SLS Gr.3 and not the AMG ‘16 or ‘20?
I tested all three. The '11 had the best optimal time for me, though there wasn't much difference between them. Here are the test results for the Mercs:

ModelTop speedOpt time
SLS AMG GT3 '112541:49.428
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '202521:49.585
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '162511:49.709

Probably there will be an update of BOP then the best is to do that comparison when the new races are annonced, you can then test on the tracks that will be used..😄
Yeah, you’re probably right.

I’ve mainly been focusing on setups. That way when it comes to head to head testing of Manus, I can compare the cars on how I’ll actually be racing them. While I do expect some BOP changes, I don’t think it’ll be anything too drastic. At least in Gr.3.

I’ve been doing all my testing at Nurburgring, Interlagos and Suzuka using custom races with BOP on, and the tire multipliers set to x3 and x4 most of the time. That usually gives me a good indication of how the setups affect tire wear. And those 3 courses are good for evaluating performance IMO

An idle question for anybody who has chosen McLaren in the Manufacturers Cup. Were you able to get the 20,000,000-credit McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 as your Gr.3 car? I'm wondering if it might be worth selecting them in the next series, if only to collect that car.

An idle question for anybody who has chosen McLaren in the Manufacturers Cup. Were you able to get the 20,000,000-credit McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 as your Gr.3 car? I'm wondering if it might be worth selecting them in the next series, if only to collect that car.
No, GTWS rentals are only ever offered for one car in a manufacturer's lineup, almost always the most modern one. For McLaren it's the 650S.

No, GTWS rentals are only ever offered for one car in a manufacturer's lineup, almost always the most modern one. For McLaren it's the 650S.
What he said. Plus, when your contract is over you lose the car. You could use it if you owned it, but you won't be given one for rent.

On a side note, any word on when the next series will drop? I assume not or it'd be in here already. Come on PD, don't leave us hanging here! I am waiting with bated breath! It would be really cool if it was soon because of some extra time off during the holiday for practice. But, I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:
What he said. Plus, when your contract is over you lose the car. You could use it if you owned it, but you won't be given one for rent.

On a side note, any word on when the next series will drop? I assume not or it'd be in here already. Come on PD, don't leave us hanging here! I am waiting with bated breath! It would be really cool if it was soon because of some extra time off during the holiday for practice. But, I kinda doubt it.
Hold on, I chose AMG last season. Does that car disappear from my garage when the new season begins? I don’t own any AMG Gr.3 and Gr.4.

Hold on, I chose AMG last season. Does that car disappear from my garage when the new season begins? I don’t own any AMG Gr.3 and Gr.4.
Yes they will. Gladly too.
My 911 is has worn oil, engine and chassis 😂
Rental period is over.
Fortunately I have a few gift 911’s been using now 😎

Back