2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
Kyle has the Backwards 600 in hand if they ever choose to run it in the future.

Looks like Chase hooked Denny in retaliation.

Last edited:
Chase really needs to learn how to wreck people, and more importantly come up with better lines after wrecking someone.

Ryan Blaney wins the Coca-Cola 600!
Finally breaks his winless streak.

Happy for Roger Penske sweeping the weekend as far as American Motorsports is concerned. I guess my guy gets to enjoy another Vacation (albeit a bit short)! It's just not that #9 bunch's year.

Last edited:
Chase Elliott has been suspended from next weeks race at Gateway for wrecking Denny Hamlin in last nights race.

Corey Lajoie will be the substitute driver.

Last edited:
Chase Elliott has been suspended from next weeks race at Gateway for wrecking Denny Hamlin in last nights race.

The right call imo. Pretty much identical to the Larson/Wallace incident in Vegas last year. I'm really glad NASCAR is being consistent on this one.

Awesome to see LaJoie get a shot at a top team. He's taken that 7 to places that shouldn't be possible. And he gets to follow in his dad's footsteps at Hendrick when Randy filled in for Craven in the Budweiser machine 25 years ago.

Meanwhile Hocevar's career has suddenly taken quite the upward trajectory.

While I'm still a super fan of his, ultimately this was the right call. We all have low points in our lives, We're all human and we've all got problems and challenges and moments that suck. Hopefully William will take it in stride and learn from it moving forward.

Still a fan tho...💪 #9

Last edited:
That's quite the punishment.
Given that altering something on the underside of the car would have a noticeable effect on it's overall downforce, and that bit would likely affect engine cooling as well, it could be a significant advantage on some tracks. Plus that looks exactly like the kind of place where you'd try to pull a "they'll never notice it" move, so it's highly unlikely that it was a manufacturer thing.

I know I got in late, but this is, what, the 4th car to have their brakes explode today?

And that's a win for Kyle Busch!

Last edited:
Wonder if due to the 2nd open seat at RWR we could potentially see Mike Rockenfeller either in that ride or in the 91 for Trackhouse (which hasn't announced a driver for IMS)?

Wonder if due to the 2nd open seat at RWR we could potentially see Mike Rockenfeller either in that ride or in the 91 for Trackhouse (which hasn't announced a driver for IMS)?
Button and Andy Lally will be in the 2 RWR cars at Indy.

Seems Montréal is a possibility as soon as next year.

Considering how the city has soured on the race with the new leadership I have to imagine this could take Chicago's slot. Guessing dates would get shuffled around though as I can't imagine they would have a July 4th weekend race in Canada.

Last edited:
Seems Montréal is a possibility as soon as next year.

Considering how the city has soured on the race with the new leadership I have to imagine this could take Chicago's slot. Guessing dates would get shuffled around though as I can't imagine they would have a July 4th weekend race in Canada.

So after all of the hype for Chicago, it might just last one season.

If NASCAR wants to be bold, for next year, drop Chicago to add Montreal and somehow replace the old ACS date to get back Road America.

So after all of the hype for Chicago, it might just last one season.

If NASCAR wants to be bold, for next year, drop Chicago to add Montreal and somehow replace the old ACS date to get back Road America.
There's too much money to be made in Chicago - the cheapest experience is something on the order of 3 times the most-expensive experience at Road America. Also, it's a 3-year contract.

The rumor is that in 2025, NASCAR will expand to 40 points/2 exhibition races, with Montreal, Mexico, North Wilkesboro, and a street course in Brooklyn being the 4 additions. It's most likely that NASCAR won't be at COTA next year, though whether Texas gets that date back next year and, if it does, which track loses out for one season is up in the air.

Last edited:
There's too much money to be made in Chicago - the cheapest experience is something on the order of 3 times the most-expensive experience at Road America. Also, it's a 3-year contract.

The rumor is that in 2025, NASCAR will expand to 40 points/2 exhibition races, with Montreal, Mexico, North Wilkesboro, and a street course in Brooklyn being the 4 additions. It's most likely that NASCAR won't be at COTA next year, though whether Texas gets that date back next year and, if it does, which track loses out for one season is up in the air.
Contracts can be broken especially if there is new leadership.

Where have you heard about a Brooklyn race? I've seen no information about this.

Contracts can be broken especially if there is new leadership.

Where have you heard about a Brooklyn race? I've seen no information about this.
Back in February, Sports Business Journal reported that NASCAR was in talks to run a temporary circuit around New York City. Some random site that's claiming the schedule expansion is more likely to happen next year than 2025 (even though the TV deals run through next year) said it would be a Brooklyn street circuit. Of course, they also claimed COTA would stay on the schedule for next year, though more-reputable sites are strongly suggesting that's not happening.

I have a feeling that street circuit races are going to replace useless light rail projects as the favorite boondoggle left by outgoing city politicians for their replacements to get screwed over by. They're much quicker to finalize before any real opposition comes up and much harder to get out of when it becomes clear they're going to be unfavorable.

What's the over under on the Chicago race being an utter clownfest? I mean as an entire event.

I've been to chicago (Lord have mercy on anyone out of state trying to visit there, by the way), and I can tell you for a fact trying to fit 20+ haulers in that town is hell on earth.

Finding parking's another nightmare altogether. :lol:

I get the next gen car's closer to a sports car, but I cannot see thirty plus field trying to maneuver around Chicago without them having atleast a quarter of the race under yellow.

Getting close to the halfway point in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The Garage 56 car is still running strong. On the same lap as the GTE leaders.

Last edited:
Back