2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments

Now, had it been Gibbs or Roush, NASCAR wouldn't have done that.

That also puts the 51 solidly in the Bottom Three, which, unless they pass either the 42 (27 points ahead) or the 15 (28 points ahead), would make Rick Ware Racing an involuntary 1-charter team next year.

Last edited:
Round 6 of the 2023 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series at Talladega Superspeedway is tonight at 9pm ET.

Disregard. Got fooled by a fake Twitter account.

Last edited:
Blaine Perkins just went tumbling down the backstretch at Dega. Got turned in front of traffic, got t-boned and caught big air. 6-7 barrel rolls. At the same time Dexter Stacey slammed head on into a part of the inside wall that sticks out so safety crews can access the track. 2 very scary crashes within moments of each other. Both drivers climbed from their cars.

Last edited:
Wow! Perkins barrel rolling like mad in the Busch Xfinity race. We've seen some flips recently but haven't witnessed a barrel roll like that in a while. Then Grala nailed his loose wheel. Scary to think what may have happened if it landed a foot or two higher and hit his windshield instead of the bumper. All while that is happening, Dexter Stacey pummels the inside wall.

Blaine Perkins is being transferred to a local hospital for further checks.

Hemric on his roof. I saw a car go into the catchfence. :scared: I'm assuming it was him.

Edit: Didn't look as bad on the replay. That was scary to see when it happened. The way it took out the camera made it seem worse.

Last edited:
They should run all 3 of the Penske cars in that livery to be honest.
If I had to guess since they highlighted it being a tribute to their first win, Blaney will run Newman's 2009 scheme (first 500 win for Penske) and Cindric will run Keselowski's from 2012 (first Cup championship)*. The sponsorships even line up fairy well since Molson Coors still sponsors them just with the Keystone brand and Alltel was purchased by Verizon.

*I guess they could also do Keselowski's '18 Brickyard 400 scheme which was the first for Penske, but considering that the Discount Tire scheme hasn't changed besides the number placement that would be rather lame.

Logano is running the Matador scheme at Darlington.

Well, I'll be, they actually found a throwback livery where the forward-shifted numbers don't look out of place. It does help that there's very defined blocks of color to give it visual balance.

Bubba’s blocks looked desperate and pathetic, but at least he took the blame. Meanwhile Tony Stewart in the booth was saying those were moves he needed to make. No, just no. 😂

Last edited:

When it SHOULD start anyway. I'm sure I sound like an old man, but I complain every year that all the races should move up to an earlier starting time like they used to be back in the day. Between weather delays and multiple GWC's near every race, it gets tiring looking out the window to see it's already dark outside by the time it's finished.

A rare instance when they actually move up the starting time. I fully expect the day to be a washout anyways so this is purely window dressing.

A rare instance when they actually move up the starting time. I fully expect the day to be a washout anyways so this is purely window dressing.
Well, I hate to be correct about this but... yeah.

I find funny the fact that Dover has night lights for the horse track inside of the track but dont have for the NASCAR track

It is more than ironic even now that the track is owned by SMI

So, how was the race? I recorded it on my DVR...and it isn't on there. I know I didn't forget to set it, because I can see a future program I also set to record in case it went super, extra long. :grumpy:

Place your bets what streaming service will get the season long deal
Also why the hell NASCAR has not STILL not decided to make a streaming service? IndyCar has one (it used to be on USA also but nowadays is outside USA), F1 has one, why NASCAR with a big media center has not decided for one yet?

Back