Indiana
CWM_Spirit
1639932615650.png

1664502860503.png

Official Website: https://www.indycar.com/
Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/indycar
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/IndyCar
Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/indycar/
DISCLAIMER: I am a member of INDYCAR. The viewpoints and postings I author on this website are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of INDYCAR. For official INDYCAR news and postings, please reference the above links to the official website and accounts of INDYCAR.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see if we can get back to a "Big 3" as far as team performance goes. Currently Andretti seems to be drifting further away from being included in the conversation and AMSP can't seem to get over that hump despite seemingly being on the verge for the last couple years.

Personally I will likely skip Road America as that's kind of an every other year thing for me, but I am planning on going to Iowa again even though it will likely be just as hot as it was this year (I also want to hit a couple dirt tracks while I'm down there). Hopefully they learned their lesson and will at least provide a few more shaded areas.

It’s about time. He’s run 8 races the past two years and has top tens in all but two. And one of those 2 was an 11th. Man deserves a full time ride.
229DCCD4-6EA4-468D-8C98-D4092A6E316D.jpeg
16D879DA-B9F9-4E20-BD38-0C9726B731BE.jpeg

Last edited:
So the rumour is that CGR has signed Latifi for 2023.

I’m super interested to see how this pans out for him going from a backmarker team in F1 to one of the top teams in Indycar.

Last edited:
Kanaan will be in the 4th AMSP entry for the 500.

I've heard NTT will also be making the jump to AMSP, which makes the Latifi addition at Ganassi make a little more sense.

So the rumour is that CGR has signed Latifi for 2023.

I’m super interested to see how this pans out for him going from a backmarker team in F1 to one of the top teams in Indycar.
Latifi going to CGR's probably Palou's eventual replacement.

RLL will run a 4th car for the 500, driver to be announced.

I'm guessing we won't get any bumping again this year, but at least it's trending to not needing a last minute entry just to get to 33.

Last edited:

I think that's one of those "we only have ourselves to blame" sort of things. Reporters will always focus on what they think will get the most attention and it seems us race fans love hearing about new manufacturers entering whatever series happens to be the focus and new tracks.

I will say I don't agree with the bit about not having any plans though, Richmond was supposed to return but didn't survive the pandemic cancellation, Iowa got revived because IndyCar rented the track with the help of HyVee and the rumours about Milwaukee returning seem like they might be more than wishful thinking.

I think that's one of those "we only have ourselves to blame" sort of things. Reporters will always focus on what they think will get the most attention and it seems us race fans love hearing about new manufacturers entering whatever series happens to be the focus and new tracks.

I will say I don't agree with the bit about not having any plans though, Richmond was supposed to return but didn't survive the pandemic cancellation, Iowa got revived because IndyCar rented the track with the help of HyVee and the rumours about Milwaukee returning seem like they might be more than wishful thinking.
There's always the issue with ISC leasing the track for Indycar, too. The pandemic definitely thwarted the plans, but I have a feeling it was probably going to be a one time race.

I think the reason you see so many of those more tracks articles, is because Penske running a team in both NASCAR and Indycar, and now owning Indycar, they think he's got some more leeway when it comes to nabbing an SMI or ISC track now.

Kinda sad when you look at it from the broader picture, with Texas being the only SMI track Indycar races at since 2019.

Looks like a typical rebranding exercise to emphasize that it's meant to be Indycar's feeder series (NXT = Next, get it? Do you? DO YOU??? HUH???!!!) and give a more attractive name to attach a sponsor to.

Although I'm going to just pretend that they were bought out by WWE, because I have a dumb sense of humor.
intro-import.jpg

Not really sure why.
It's to give the appearance that Penske is actually doing something besides ruining the entire purpose of the series by basically killing the scholarship. At least Andretti and Malukas will be able to pad their bank accounts a little more.

Looks like a typical rebranding exercise to emphasize that it's meant to be Indycar's feeder series (NXT = Next, get it? Do you? DO YOU??? HUH???!!!) and give a more attractive name to attach a sponsor to.

Although I'm going to just pretend that they were bought out by WWE, because I have a dumb sense of humor.
intro-import.jpg
Commentator one liners, signature moves passing , and gimmick entrances would be peak comedy, ngl.

ECR is getting into the driver development game and has named Josh Pierson as their first prospect.

It's also nice to see teams being more proactive when it comes to developing drivers rather than the usual hoping they fall into their laps like most teams have been doing.

Edit: Kiel to Ganassi finally confirmed.

Last edited:
I guess that answers the question of how well last year went as I can't imagine they would have (arguably) bigger names for year #2 if it wasn't profitable. Hopefully the trend continues to the rest of the event.

Well, after getting my renewal notice I'm not so sure how successful Iowa will be. I was expecting the prices to go up a little bit, but they've basically doubled! Last year for 2 weekend tickets in the Newton Club (the two sections right behind the flag stand) area it was $236 total, now that area isn't even available for purchase to the general public and the cheapest seats are $190($380 for 2) for weekend tickets. It's pretty much turned a sure thing into a "what else is going on that weekend" type thing (and sure-enough there's a big dirt late model race in South Dakota that weekend).

IndyCar is going to qualify as a Historic series at the rate they are going. :rolleyes:

If you think about it, Indycar is even more of a spec series then NASCAR. That is sad.

1995 Indy 500 had 5 Engine Manufacturers and 5 different chassis

Last edited:
IndyCar is going to qualify as a Historic series at the rate they are going. :rolleyes:

Call me a little too optimistic, but sticking a hybrid system made by MAHLE might persuade a third manufacturer to join.

Call me a little too optimistic, but sticking a hybrid system made by MAHLE might persuade a third manufacturer to join.
According to the second part from MP MAHLE had a lot of issues and Honda and Chevy stepped up to help out with the hybrid system.

Back