2023 NTT INDYCAR SERIESOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 304 comments
Marcus Ericsson passed Pato O’Ward in the final laps and wins a thriller at St. Pete!

What a phenomenal race!

Last edited:
Wow... St. Petersburg was nuts! What a wild way to start the 2023 season! All congratulations to the winner, and great driving by everyone.

Indy Car is relatively chaotic
Main reason why I stopped watching it, it turns into amateur hour too often. Which is a shame because it used to be a decent competition.

Rosenqvist on pole at Texas for the second year in a row, hopefully the rubbering in session makes for a good race tomorrow.

On a side note, I hate to talk crap about them since a member here works for them, but RLL really needs some changes because clearly what they are doing now isn't working.

Just in case anyone has missed it, Indycar has announced that engine start will be at 12.01ET, 17.01BST, 16.01UTC due to the threat of inclement weather.

It started exciting, then looked like it would be a snooze fest with Pato in another time zone, then got exciting again to the finish after the late cautions. Shame it ended under caution. I would love to see how it would have panned out.

2 cars have gone into the tires at turn 5 in morning practice after being launched over a curb that was added overnight and the teams werent told. The curb was damaged in a IMSA session and was missing for Indycar practice 1 on Friday, and replaced overnight. The curb was there in '22 so it was not a new addition.

Last edited:
YES, KIRKWOOD! So happy he finally has a W under his belt after suffering with that AJ Foyt car for a year prior and then the fiascos from St. Petersburg and Texas.

Grosjean on pole again, it's weird seeing Andretti making such a big statement thus far and Colton not being one of the ones up front. Granted he hasn't been bad, just quiet, I think being separated from his dad has set him back a little.

The Barber race is about it start. That anthem though, oof.
Thankfully I tuned in two minutes before the call, so I missed that. The national anthem is nearly always mangled at Indycar races.

Edit: while there's no overtaking, this is a damn sight more exciting than the race at Baku earlier on...

Last edited:
Such a shame that Grosjean got caught at the end, but I don't understand why Andretti didn't pull him in to level up with the three stoppers when the car stopped on track?

Such a shame that Grosjean got caught at the end, but I don't understand why Andretti didn't pull him in to level up with the three stoppers when the car stopped on track?
track position. would've been around P11/12 if he had stopped with many cars in front on fresh tyres + fuel. It was just a bad moment the SC shortly after RGs stop. Did a phenomenal job just looking at o'Ward and Palous finish + delta

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG

Sounds like the Baku GP was as painful of an experience as the Indy pre-race anthem. Not that I could escape the latter as I was in attendance yesterday. :lol:

Barber is one of the few road courses I'd been hoping to visit since Watkins in 2017. The woodland along the back straight was absolutely rammed but still made for a great viewing spot.

_DSC0670.JPG
_DSC0658.JPG
_DSC0652.JPG
_DSC0712.JPG

The main event ended up being a remarkably clean and close race while Indy NXT had more spills, including a tow truck requiring assitance from a second tow truck after getting stuck in mud which caused the red flag with 10 minutes left.

Last edited:
Sting Ray and Malukas cross-up into each other on the 2nd lap. Not sure why RoGro and Sting Ray were running like that so early.

Kirkwood hit with a penalty after his contact with Power. Not sure how Kirkwood could've avoided contacted with Will after being run wide off the track. :odd:

Hey fellow Gran Turismo enthusiasts! Just wanted to share my excitement and support for the Danish driver in the upcoming races. It would be amazing to see him clinch his first win and make a mark in the racing world. Let's rally behind him and wish him the best of luck on the track!

Alex Palou win in dominating fashion.
5 races in and IndyCar has yet to have a bad race!

Back