2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
They’ll obviously reject it. Media pressure won’t change their dead set ways. Regardless of the Concorde agreement or anything. Just bowing to the existing teams.

Shame really, looks like they’d have made a good go of it. Also makes the FIA look stupid for bothering to do the process and F1/LM had made their stance clear.

They’ll obviously reject it. Media pressure won’t change their dead set ways. Regardless of the Concorde agreement or anything. Just bowing to the existing teams.

Shame really, looks like they’d have made a good go of it. Also makes the FIA look stupid for bothering to do the process and F1/LM had made their stance clear.
Ultimately I think it'll come down to the same factor a lot of these types of roadblock negotiations come to: How many briefcases full of money is Andretti willing to pass under the table to make FOM quietly flip their decision and let it pass?

Last edited:
Ultimately I think it'll come down to the same factor a lot of these types of roadblock negotiations come to: How many briefcases full of money is Andretti willing to pass under the table to make FOM quietly flip their decision and let it pass?
If I read it right 600 Million for the other teams as compensation. It was 200 before to scare everyone away but as soon as they realized someone is willing to pay this they now raised it to 600 and now have to find another "reason".

If I read it right 600 Million for the other teams as compensation. It was 200 before to scare everyone away but as soon as they realized someone is willing to pay this they now raised it to 600 and now have to find another "reason".
Split the difference - 400 for most of the grid, double for Red Bull and Ferrari get their own special deal.

It'll be interesting to see how they claim the newbies wouldn't bring value to the sport, as an established American team backed by a massive American manufacturer, given how much emphasis F1 is putting on the American market.

Last edited:
Is now the point where the from inside the F1 team bubble self-talked into "F1 teams are super valueable" bubble kind of bursts?

“Well, I would (buy a team) if I thought there was a viable route, but paying $800-900million for (AlphaTauri) would probably not be considered commercially viable. But you know, just got to see if there’s possibilities.“

Also possible we now get more insides from other declined teams and if the teams/FOM rejecting Andretti we will surely hear everything from them. Interesting times but it can go both ways. F1 defending against new teams saving their assets could lead to more interest in buying existing teams but I assume there is a risk too interests running away as far as they can dealing with such kind of "business unfriendly" organisation.

Last edited:
It’s just unbelievable that they could still possibly be denied an entry. What value does AT and Haas bring to F1? One is a junior team and the other barely qualifies as a constructor. If Andretti Cadillac aren’t good enough then no one is.

It’s just unbelievable that they could still possibly be denied an entry. What value does AT and Haas bring to F1? One is a junior team and the other barely qualifies as a constructor. If Andretti Cadillac aren’t good enough then no one is.
RB and Ferrari are afraid a new entry will come in and defeat them. For RB that's partially understandable. Ferrari? Well, they just can't finish 5th can they?

Seeing all the existing teams whine about Andretti "diluting the sport" is like a lower-stakes version of boomers objecting to new housing because "It'll ruin the character of the area" (i.e. potentially lower their house prices and let scary foreign people into the area).

RB and Ferrari are afraid a new entry will come in and defeat them. For RB that's partially understandable. Ferrari? Well, they just can't finish 5th can they?

To paraphrase The Three Musketeers, they're all for first place, but typically one for finishing in all sorts of positions.

Last edited:
This whole episode makes me want to cancel my F1 tv membership even more. Everyone apart from the teams agree that more cars on the pitch is always better.

Everybody knows this is just greed and cowardice from the teams.

What boggles my mind the most is that there are fans who are against this team joining. They care more about their favourite team owner’s bank account than having more cars. Says it all really.

Then you have Lewis who says they have too many white guys to join. He can also **** off with this nonsense.

The arguments against Andretti are getting really pathetic.

Last edited:
Everybody knows this is just greed and cowardice from the teams.

What boggles my mind the most is that there are fans who are against this team joining. They care more about their favourite team owner’s bank account than having more cars. Says it all really.
My blood pressure got irrationally high when YouTube recommended me a video from Sky Sports F1 titled "James Vowles' PASSIONATE response to Andretti rumours" or something like that. It sums up everything I hate about Sky's coverage, it's dumbed down to the crowd who drive leased Range Rover Velars, get dental treatment in Turkey and get worked by Jamie Carragher or Gary Neville.

This can’t be real can it?
This is circeling through german speaking motorsport media since Duesmann left and got fueled when they abandoned all other motorsport activities in July for 2024 on. We know Audi is a puller. Just look at their already far built WEC hypercar thrown into the bin so everything is possible. Pretty sure Döllner would even pay a fee to not enter F1 instead of continueing spending billions for a fossil fuel race program when he really wants to. They already (even if not officially) fired the Audi Sport manager and also fired all their GT drivers and canceled all works support in drivers, parts, money in GT3 and will only supply basic spare part support for R8 GT3s for paying customers in '24. They won't accept orders and continue building GT2, GT3 and GT4 R8s after March '24 anymore. 24 is also the last Dakar for them. They probably completely shutting down Audi Sport Customer Racing and already arranged a deal with someone guaranteeing support until 2032. So yes I guess they are finished with motorsports just like VW and entering F1 under these circumstances doesn't sound very likely. We will see what's going to happen.

Highly doubt that will happen, they have already invested too much money into this to just walk away.
The old management did. Döllner is just one month in so it's not his spendings which he could control so pulling out now before spending millions or billions of his budget before even starting a single race in 2026 isn't too far fetched. That's how managing such big players works. Nobody cares about already spent money. In the end they could probably sell everything off to Andretti or someone else if Porsche doesn't want to continue.

The old management did. Döllner is just one month in so it's not his spendings which he could control so pulling out now before spending millions or billions of his budget before even starting a single race in 2026 isn't too far fetched. That's how managing such big players works. Nobody cares about already spent money. In the end they could probably sell everything off to Andretti or someone else if Porsche doesn't want to continue.
If nothing else, the new management will often use that already spent money as leverage to kill the project by claiming the old management was wasting it on an unimportant folly of a project, while other areas of the company should have received that funding instead. And by other areas of the company, I generally mean shareholders and board members.

This can’t be real can it?
I always think the original entry was an April Fools gag gone wrong - so not surprise if they might want to get out of it at some stage.

Who knows what business motivation and deals can be done these days to try to get manufacturers interested to be involved in such expensive 'Motor-Entertainment' activity.

If Audi don't want that spot on the grid I'm sure there's an American entry that would love to take it. Wouldn't increase the grid size and shrink the pie that way - the other teams would have to find a new excuse.

There is no way they get denied an entry now. They even built a 2023 spec car and put it in a windtunnel, they’re already doing more than Haas by building their own car, now they got this.

Last edited:
All Andretti really lacked was an engine and GM was initially dismissed as a badge deal.

F1 teams will just move the goal posts to their financials now. A new team reduces their slice of the revenue. It will look ridiculous if F1 rejects Andretti though.

Last edited:
Back