2024 Nissan GT-R (R36)

• Thread starter R1600Turbo
  • 9 comments

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
I’m hoping Nissan goes all out with this, the internal combustion engine deserves an epic swan song.

ZEE

United Kingdom
Nurburgring, Germany
What are Nissan smoking, why 2024? By that time alot of electric sports car like the Tesla roadster and Taycan mk2 will have been on the market longer stealing there market stake and sales. Why do you do this Nissan, the GTR is an old fogey now, replace it ASAP!

Maybe introduce a 4.0litre V6 with bigger cams and strokes? :lol:

kikie

I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
ZEE
What are Nissan smoking, why 2024?
This is probably a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. :D

A study by the EU Commission is supposed to form the basis for the new exhaust emission limits. The VDA (German Association of the Automotive Industry) is already warning that the move would result in the combustion engine being phased out from 2025.

“With the introduction of the planned EU-7 standard, the EU Commission will de facto ban cars with combustion engines from 2025,” said Hildegard Müller, President of the VDA.
https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/16/vda-worried-about-the-euro-7-emissions-standard/

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
More confirmation of some sort of GTR successor

Speaking to Autocar, Nissan Nismo CEO Takao Katagiri confirmed the unnamed model will be sold in the UK as well as mainland Europe and the US, following its release in the car maker’s home country of Japan. He hinted it will arrive this decade.

“[There] is a very, very important vision [in Europe] for Nissan. It’s around the heart of this [new car],” said Katagiri, adding that Nissan’s Sunderland factory also makes the UK an “essential” market for the firm.

“This region [the UK] is very, very special for us, especially [for] performance cars. So one thing I can say is please wait. We are going to introduce a very exciting model to the UK market under the Nismo brand.”

This new car is likely to be powered by a hybrid powertrain and Katagiri confirmed a “combination” of hybrid and EV models will be launched.

He added that more mainstream models will come first, though.

Nissan’s timetable for solid-state batteries gives clues to when enthusiast-oriented EVs could arrive. Research is in a relatively advanced phase and a pilot factory is due to come online in 2024. The technology is expected to be ready by 2026 and the first production cars using it should be on the road by 2028.

United States
Colorado
GTP_Cyborg
This is probably a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. :D

https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/16/vda-worried-about-the-euro-7-emissions-standard/
That article gives me the impression that it's just Germany with the 2025 goal? Looking up the EU-7 regulation, it looks like the overall EU plan is aiming for 2035, and these dates seem to always get pushed back anyway as they get closer and the plan starts looking more unrealistic. My guess is that they put an arbitrary date out there just to put the pressure on the manufacturers to change. Toyota doesn't feel that electric is the only way forward, and while I'm no expert I'm inclined to agree.