2024 Nissan GT-R (R36)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 22 comments
I’m hoping Nissan goes all out with this, the internal combustion engine deserves an epic swan song.

What are Nissan smoking, why 2024? By that time alot of electric sports car like the Tesla roadster and Taycan mk2 will have been on the market longer stealing there market stake and sales. Why do you do this Nissan, the GTR is an old fogey now, replace it ASAP!

Maybe introduce a 4.0litre V6 with bigger cams and strokes? :lol:

ZEE
What are Nissan smoking, why 2024?
This is probably a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. :D

A study by the EU Commission is supposed to form the basis for the new exhaust emission limits. The VDA (German Association of the Automotive Industry) is already warning that the move would result in the combustion engine being phased out from 2025.

“With the introduction of the planned EU-7 standard, the EU Commission will de facto ban cars with combustion engines from 2025,” said Hildegard Müller, President of the VDA.
https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/16/vda-worried-about-the-euro-7-emissions-standard/

More confirmation of some sort of GTR successor

Speaking to Autocar, Nissan Nismo CEO Takao Katagiri confirmed the unnamed model will be sold in the UK as well as mainland Europe and the US, following its release in the car maker’s home country of Japan. He hinted it will arrive this decade.

“[There] is a very, very important vision [in Europe] for Nissan. It’s around the heart of this [new car],” said Katagiri, adding that Nissan’s Sunderland factory also makes the UK an “essential” market for the firm.

“This region [the UK] is very, very special for us, especially [for] performance cars. So one thing I can say is please wait. We are going to introduce a very exciting model to the UK market under the Nismo brand.”

This new car is likely to be powered by a hybrid powertrain and Katagiri confirmed a “combination” of hybrid and EV models will be launched.

He added that more mainstream models will come first, though.

Nissan’s timetable for solid-state batteries gives clues to when enthusiast-oriented EVs could arrive. Research is in a relatively advanced phase and a pilot factory is due to come online in 2024. The technology is expected to be ready by 2026 and the first production cars using it should be on the road by 2028.

This is probably a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. :D

https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/16/vda-worried-about-the-euro-7-emissions-standard/
That article gives me the impression that it's just Germany with the 2025 goal? Looking up the EU-7 regulation, it looks like the overall EU plan is aiming for 2035, and these dates seem to always get pushed back anyway as they get closer and the plan starts looking more unrealistic. My guess is that they put an arbitrary date out there just to put the pressure on the manufacturers to change. Toyota doesn't feel that electric is the only way forward, and while I'm no expert I'm inclined to agree.

Nissan Hyper Force

1698203460875.png

1698203471788.png

1698203477103.png

1698203489342.png

1698203503812.png

1698203520130.png

1698203574639.png

It’s an all-electric high-performance supercar aiming to deliver the ultimate in driving pleasure while also offering high environmental performance and comfort for daily use.

At its core is a high-output all-electric powertrain with an optimal-weight-balancing, all-solid-state battery that can produce output up to 1,000 kW with precise and rapid acceleration. Powerful downforce, an advanced form of Nissan’s e-4ORCE all-wheel control technology, and light-weight body featuring high-strength carbon promise enhanced cornering and exceptional handling on circuits and winding roads.

The exterior design, with its wide and planted proportions, is a blend of sleek curves merging seamlessly with bold geometry that reflects the performance underneath. Incorporated throughout the design are elements, such as on the front and rear lamps, that pay homage to Nissan’s high-performance cars.

The exterior achieves high aerodynamic performance, which was developed together with the NISMO racing team, generating powerful downforce. The two-tiered aerodynamic structure under the front hood provides both strong downforce and high cooling performance. Meanwhile, the dual-level* rear diffuser optimally controls airflow. The front canards, front fender flip and both ends of the rear wing feature unique active aero functionality, while a newly developed plasma actuator suppresses air detachment to maximize grip and minimize inner-wheel lift during cornering. The lightweight forged carbon wheels aid aerodynamics and brake cooling.

The concept features two driving modes, “R” (racing) and “GT” (grand touring). The graphical user interface changes color and display according to the mode, and is designed to instantly display the most needed information for the driver in line with the driving circumstances. These graphics are the result of collaboration with Polyphony Digital Inc.

1698203648020.png

1698203658565.png

1698203672612.png

It looks like a mix of the styling language from the stupid Tesla Cybertruck, the fanmade Nissan R36 GT-R concept, and Nissan VGT Concept.

Though I do like the gold decal on the side, sort of a nice throwback to the Skyline R30.
1698207218663.jpeg

Which now makes me wonder if the front bumper design is inspired by the R30 Super Silhouette Race Car.
1698207197854.jpeg

Last edited:
The engineering ability of the company that refused to make a manual Nismo Z because the only transmission they had that could handle more torque than a mid 80s Corvette was the slushboxes they were buying from Mercedes, combined with the UI from the company that made Gran Turismo 5's menu system.

Not since the Arna has their been a more perfect collaboration.

Last edited:
Is that granite on the interior door panels? I've always wanted the inside of my car to look like my kitchen counters, gee, thanks Nissan!

It looks like a mix of the styling language from the stupid Tesla Cybertruck, the fanmade Nissan R36 GT-R concept, and Nissan VGT Concept.

Though I do like the gold decal on the side, sort of a nice throwback to the Skyline R30.
View attachment 1297946

Which now makes me wonder if the front bumper design is inspired by the R30 Super Silhouette Race Car.
View attachment 1297945
I guess this will be the next direction for Super GT.

Last edited:

The dramatic concept car is billed by Nissan as its “vision for a next-generation all-electric high-performance supercar”, and is one of five launched by the brand under the ‘Hyper’ banner at the returning motor show in Tokyo as it looks to preview its next-generation of electric cars.

Tantalisingly, the Hyper Force confirms Nissan’s intentions that the GT-R will have a place in its line-up in the future; Nissan plans to offer a full range of models from small EVs to performance cars, in a bid to give customers the same choice as in the combustion era - and Autocar understands it could go on sale by the end of the decade.

“We want to provide choice for customers,” said Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida when asked by Autocar why Nissan was showing so many new concepts at once.

“We’re an EV pioneer and this is what we want to do. People’s expectations change and they don’t look at vehicles as before and in their needs and lives. We’ll hear from customers what they think about them [the concepts]. This is giving a look at our future plans. All concepts, we’d like to deliver. We need the customers to agree.”

[...]

The Japanese firm plans to have its pilot plant for solid-state battery production up and running in 2024, and the batteries in mass-production by 2028. The next GT-R is earmarked for the technology and is tipped to enter production in 2028 or 2029 as a trailblazer for what solid state batteries can do and the models they allow.

Hard to tell how much of this is speculation and how much is based on their interview with the CEO, but it does sound like this Hyper Force is a look into some sort of future electric GT-R and the battery technology will be ready by 2028, which will roughly be when the next GT-R will go in to production

Back