2024 NTT INDYCAR SERIESOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 62 comments
My Biggest takeaway from this is that Indycar, which is owned by Roger Penske, was still more than willing to DQ 2 cars owned and operated by Roger Penske, alongside taking away both drivers championship points. That's genuinely an incredibly encouraging thing to see.

Also, while I would've preferred for it to be under different circumstances, stoked to see Arrow McLaren get another win after such a large gap from their previous victory.

I think they did it because the evidence was starting to become overwhelming. Also begs the question in my mind why this wasn't immediately after the race, it must have been somewhere in the telemetry.

I think they did it because the evidence was starting to become overwhelming. Also begs the question in my mind why this wasn't immediately after the race, it must have been somewhere in the telemetry.
It likely was, but you also have to check every system involved in recording that telemetry to make sure there isn't a fault or anomaly or some kind of other tampering somewhere else in the chain. That can mean digging through a mountain of code to confirm nothing was incorrect, which obviously isn't as quick and easy as just slapping a template over a mechanical part to see if it's out of spec.

It likely was, but you also have to check every system involved in recording that telemetry to make sure there isn't a fault or anomaly or some kind of other tampering somewhere else in the chain. That can mean digging through a mountain of code to confirm nothing was incorrect, which obviously isn't as quick and easy as just slapping a template over a mechanical part to see if it's out of spec.
If only Massa was cheated out of an IndyCar title he might still have a chance to win it!

Back