2024 NTT INDYCAR SERIESOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 62 comments
Romain Grosjean continues to be his own worst enemy. :indiff:

O'Ward is doing a great job holding off McLaughlin, and Ilott has found himself in the Top-15.

Last edited:
Grosjean might want to take a look at Cup.
If Grosjean brought his habits to Cup, he'd get absolutely eaten alive. No way the veteran drivers in NASCAR would tolerate his habits for long.

On that, Grosjean is out. Sounds like gearbox issues.

Last edited:
Grosjean will have to take boxing lessons if he wants to try cup.

Good luck to Lamborghini in imsa.

Last edited:
This Thermal $1M USD Challenge is pretty intriguing. I like this course and this non-points event.

That first segment was an absolute snoozefest. They should've had like the last 3 cars be eliminated or something to keep everyone from just tire-saving.

Boring, mediocre and not one bit interesting. Didn't even bother watching the main event and spent that time doing my usual Sunday chores instead. I really want to give them credit for trying something but for crying out loud, why the hell was this even considered?

Apparently Prema is joining the fun next year and already have 2 engine leases.

Don't think a series has ever sent as many mixed signals as IndyCar. You look at some aspects and you'd think the series is the hottest thing on planet earth but you look at others and it seems the series is on death's door.

I just think it’s too far into this static, same car every year, formula. There’s less room for surprises because every season is just a continuation of the last one and you’re banking on new driving talent and/or new teams to shake things up. Otherwise, the competitive order just remains the same really, even though unlike F1 that doesn’t mean one driver dominating every single race. The actual product is still good, just very familiar.

last weekend was obviously an attempt to shake things up by introducing something new, but it wasn’t for me.

Last edited:
Canadian coverage is a joke. I have to pay for TSN+ to watch the race. I already pay for the TSN tv channels but of course it’s not on any of them. They must be smoking crack if they think I’m going to pay for the subscription on top of that.

Meanwhile IMSA just has their races on youtube. Between this and the current state of F1, I’m starting to prefer sports cars over open wheel.

This series needs new owners.

Last edited:
Canadian coverage is a joke. I have to pay for TSN+ to watch the race. I already pay for the TSN tv channels but of course it’s not on any of them. They must be smoking crack if they think I’m going to pay for the subscription on top of that.

Meanwhile IMSA just has their races on youtube. Between this and the current state of F1, I’m starting to prefer sports cars over open wheel.

This series needs new owners.
I just couldn't justify the cost anymore, especially as I don't watch any stick and ball sports so it's quite a bit for sometimes one race in a month. I might subscribe for May only. Might. If I time it right I think I can get four races. Meanwhile, I've watched every IMSA race the past couple of years, even if I have to watch it at night.

indy 500 mic drop GIF by Paddock Insider

I feel like Herta basically gifted Dixon the win by causing that contact.
And the fact the Indycar officials didn't even bother to at least review it for an avoidable contact penalty. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Taking nothing away from Dixon though, hell of a fuel save from him.

Last edited:
And the fact the Indycar officials didn't even bother to at least review it for an avoidable contact penalty. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Here's the problem with that: If you're gonna penalize a hit that minor (even if was somewhat detrimental, though its highly doubtful Newgarden could've did alot considering Dixon was doing Dixon things), you might as well penalize every single minor hit as well from that point on. And then how much of the field gets a penalty for making the slightest bit of contact at nearly every race?

I'm not familiar with Indycar's sporting rules, but there really ought to be some sort of penalty for making front-to-rear contact and being able to pass the other driver because of it, even if it's just Herta dropping back behind Newgarden again.

I hope this is the season Colton Herta finally stops making so mistakes and wins the Title, gets the super license, joins a F1 team etc

If he does that then he's proven he's ready to be good in F1.

Last edited:
I hope this is the season Colton Herta finally stops making so mistakes and wins the Title, gets the super license, joins a F1 team etc

If he does that then he's proven he's ready to be good in F1.
With who? In F1 you're bringing significant money to the table to be an also-ran, or getting one of the top seats at maybe three teams to even have a shot at winning- and he isn't going to bump Verstappen- or anyone else from the F1 ladder system. Or he can stay in IndyCar, get paid to do it, and have a legitimate chance to win every week.

My Biggest takeaway from this is that Indycar, which is owned by Roger Penske, was still more than willing to DQ 2 cars owned and operated by Roger Penske, alongside taking away both drivers championship points. That's genuinely an incredibly encouraging thing to see.

Also, while I would've preferred for it to be under different circumstances, stoked to see Arrow McLaren get another win after such a large gap from their previous victory.

Last edited:
Back