24 hour enduro question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 13 comments
  • 1,751 views

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
Messages
10,403
Messages
GTP_Spag69
Messages
spagetti69
It's hard to find a GT question that hasn't been asked before so I'll try.

To all the people who have completed a 24 hour race.

Firstly I congratulate you for your perseverance.

Secondly. Have you ever lost one ?


Thanks.
 
Lol. Not "lost" as in placed lower than 1st, but I got no credit for one as it froze without menus after the clock expired. The cars just idled around the track and it would not "finish", had to quit game. Wasted 25 hours, thank the Lord it was a B Spec, but still. Grrrrr
 
Feel your frustration mate.

Any takers. Anyone lost a race.
Or is it as I suspect, no one is prepared to race and lose.

I should maybe add ASpec only please lol.
 
I haven't driven any of the enduros yet but I plan to pick a car matched with the competition meaning I might lose (or we, I was thinking of gathering a racing team of friends).
 
No one?
 
It's hard to find a GT question that hasn't been asked before so I'll try.

To all the people who have completed a 24 hour race.

Firstly I congratulate you for your perseverance.

Secondly. Have you ever lost one ?


Thanks.

Not yet because I haven't done a 24 hour race yet. I have lost other endurance events though. Since I always choose a car that's slower than the fastest AI if that's possible.

My closest defeat was 3 tenths of a second. My closest victory was 6.4 seconds.
 
Never, and I have done about 10 spanning across 8 on GT4 & 2 on GT5. I wouldn't even contemplate of doing the race if I thought I may lose. And yes, they were all A-Spec even GT4 as you needed to for the 200 A-Spec points.
 
I don't know if 200 laps include endurance but i'v kind did something its a big FAIL in the mazda race
the last two laps i kept hitting the rev limiter in gear no.2 just for fun i noticed that i'v been overtaken and now i'm second now when i finished the race , for some reason it didn't show i'm the second i was first

fail number 2 in 9 hours endurance race after 3 hours of hard work and racing and overtaking the Electricity in my house turned off !_! that happened to me twice
 
Not lost but the game has frozen twice around the 5 hour mark of the tsukuba 9 hours... Pity because the first time I chose a car that would be challenging. I was lapping about 1 second faster than the AI but having to pit more.
The second time I went for an easy win... and the game froze again.... GRRR
 
I don't think I could ever have the patience to do either of the endurance races. I did try the Indy 500 (200 laps) and at about the 11th lap I thought how long it would take to finish and was like "yeah, nah fak that" and never took a second glance at the Endurance Series again. So I stick to the Seasonal Races, considering the prize money is about the same or a bit more... And I usually just buy and tune cars to drift.
 
I don't think I could ever have the patience to do either of the endurance races. I did try the Indy 500 (200 laps) and at about the 11th lap I thought how long it would take to finish and was like "yeah, nah fak that" and never took a second glance at the Endurance Series again. So I stick to the Seasonal Races, considering the prize money is about the same or a bit more... And I usually just buy and tune cars to drift.

That's the first endurance I did, and boy was it super boring. I never like racing just going around on oval anyway so that's a big contributor. I did finish the race in first place though. If you don't feel like doing endurance races like the Indy, try something else. Do the long laps and with plenty of turns so you won't feel like you are doing the same thing all over again in a very fast pace. Don't do the endurance races just for the money, it will take you no where. Also, before you enter the race, look at the typical opponents and add all HP and take the average of it. Use the average as your horsepower for the car you're going to enter with, you'll have a blast! Also, turn off all the aids, maybe except for ABS set to 1. Hide all instruments, just the map layout. I guarantee a better experience.
 
I will only attempt the 24 Hr races when damage is on in them, and repairs take 30 minuets or so. Then theres some real fear there rather than 24 hours of hot lapping.
 
Also, turn off all the aids, maybe except for ABS set to 1. Hide all instruments, just the map layout. I guarantee a better experience.

Especially when you run out of fuel because the meter in the cockpit doesn't work... highly recommended. BTDT.
 
Back