24 Hour Le Mans, what happened to my car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrm1955
  • 40 comments
  • 6,236 views
Forgot to mention. FGT. I don't have any interest in giving Bob a close race. I want him to win easy and get max exp so I can reach 40 and end this grinding madness.

So I assume you don't have an X1?
 
For that particular race, a tuned F40 will be more than enough for BOB. He laps 8.30s while the field laps at 9.xx at best. I tried with a lightly tuned F40 and he still won although the first laps were a close race.
I haven't unlocked that yet but will definitely use my X1 mule.
My Bob doesn't deserve anything luxury at all.

You haven't unlocked the F40 but you have an X1?
 
You haven't unlocked the F40 but you have an X1?

I didn't say I haven't unlocked the F40.
Check my garage in my sig, it shows all the cars I have.
I meant that I haven't unlocked Nurburgring 24 hours.
 
It crashed, alot. You stated the evidence, not sure why you are questioning it, lol. A smashed up car means only one thing right. Try to use your head, I know it's tough.
 
The best B-spec grind I've found next the 24 hour races is doing the 9 hour while I'm at work, and the 4-9 hour races in the evening while I sleep. I play in the evenings for a bit and that's about all I have time for.

But back to the topic, The Bob's have only done the 24 hour once and when the daylight broke, their Red Bull X1 was black from the cockpit down. I was in utter amazement of what they had done.

I also don't have the driver strength thing turned on, they just pit when the car needs service. I came home from work at the 6 hour mark and they had a 27 lap lead and were playing musical driver. After I switched the strategy they pulled out to a 83 lap lead by the 18 hour mark.
 
I agree with last post, I did an endurance race with driver strength set at 10% and they never recovered enough during breaks and so car would pit too often, turn it off and the car only pitted when tyres or fuel was needed and drivers seem to drive ok even when no strength left!
 
I Used the 787B for the endurance(24h) races in b-spec. 5 gears,(versus 6 or 7), and it handles like a dream. Bob is putting up high 3:20s for laps, and low 3:30s. the only car that i know of that handles better than the 787B, was the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99, That has always handled like a F1 car. The 787B though is kinda like the Nissan GT-R, being that it is down on power to alot of other cars, however, it out performs them. Set max speed to 255. Suspension both all the way down, down force all the way up. Hard racing tires. Bob is making up about 6 second/lap, and they are pitting before Bob.
 
Last edited:
I gave my drivers a Minolta to use in the 24 Hrs Le Mans.

Didn't want all those miles on my good race cars, he he.

I checked in after a couple of hours and everything was good I was in the lead by one lap. The car looked fine.

Checked in about 6 hours later and it was dark and raining, no problem, still in lead one lap.

Went to bed, got up in the morning, 6 hour left to race, what happened to my car?

My minolta looked like it had been repeatedly crashed and almost destroyed.
The rear wing was bent up and wobbling about to fall off and the front bumper was dragging the ground. The sides were bashed up and wobbling as well.

I was 6 laps behind, WTH, how could the minolta get 6 laps behind in a short time after leading for so long?

Guess I'll never know, cause I sure wasn't going to watch a replay, He He.

I guess I'll use my RedBull next as there is no chance to lose with it.
He gets passed around Hour 13 of the race, rain makes bob mess up.
 
I gave my Bob's the Formula GT....the blue one I think.

I don't remember by how much they won those races but it was never in doubt.
I only have 4 Bob's and they all were pretty well experienced by then.
 
I gave my bobs a BMW V12 LMR when I have X1s but it's cheap, they were on the same lap as the 2nd place and they won :D
 
I wrote about this a LONG time ago. What happens in any of the 24 hour races is that if it rains at any time ALL car go in to get the appropriate tires etc. So far so good. The problem is AFTER the rain starts to let up.

What PD programed to happen is while the road is still very wet it sends ALL cars in for DRY tires. Bad move by PD as the computer cars and your BOB do 15 min or longer laps with those drys on the wet road and they all go flying off the road or into each other HARD. Another bad move by PD is that while the game is programmed to equip the computer cars with Racing Mediums once it stops raining, it sticks one to the players by equipping BOB with Racing Hards EVERY TIME it stops raining. So if you are not home to make sure RM or RS are put on then Bob will keep putting on RH with every subsequent pit stop. Nothing you can do about it. So while ALL cars are doing the Demolition Derby for about 4-5 laps with dry tires on a wet road, when it finally dries up enough for the Racing slicks guess what? You are on Racing Hards while the computer cars are all on Racing Mediums. Along with the lap or so you lose to the Demolition laps you now have inferior tires on for the rest of the race and just keep losing time and laps. Its not uncommon to come home and find yourself down several laps due to this nonsense lol. It is funny as heck to watch though.

BTW Ive sat an watched this take place three times. It happens every time it rains and clears up. Also during the Demolition Derby laps its not uncommon for BOB to lose 2 or more laps to the computer drivers as he tends to take long excursions off track VERY often while driving with those Racing Hards on the wet road. This is what is responsible for us losing huge leads and for all the cars looking like they were pile driven by Zangief from Street Fighter.

One thing that added damage too pre 1.10 fix was that at 24 Hour of Le Mans when ever any car pitted, including Bob, they wouold always smash ther front right side of the car into the wall of Pit lane right before entering the paddocks. Its appears they fixed this with patch 1.10 since I havent seen any car do it since. Nice fix PD but please fix the horrible Wet/Dry programming.
 
Back