24 Hour NURBURGRING DONE! 202 Laps... / Plus 24Hr TIPS and TACTICS from a survivor

• Thread starter aznicerckt
  • 72 comments
I am currently doing the 24H endurance in B-Spec with my RX-7 LM Race Car. Half way done now, but it's getting late. Can I put my PS2 in standby to finish it tomorrow?

NO.
Go to the screen options setting in the pause menu so that you don't accidentally start going again if you drop the controller.
DO NOT touch anything on the PS2. :)

NO.
Go to the screen options setting in the pause menu so that you don't accidentally start going again if you drop the controller.
DO NOT touch anything on the PS2. :)

Dang it. Well, I'll just... do... it... tomorrow:grumpy:

I started at 7:25 this morning and already at 9 hours. I should be done by around 3:00. Just need to occupy myself.

I did it when there was no save option in pit area, what a disgrace to GT5 this option is. 👎

I read on another forum that the '95 Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version was a great car for the 24hr at te Nurburgring. Is that true?

Speaking of which what are good cars for 24hr races?

I didn't know anything about the race before I started it a few hours ago except for the fact that it's held in the ring and it is 24hrs long...
just brought my strongest car(minolta w/ stage 4 turbo) and realized that I have dtm's and jgtc's in the race with me.
almost 10 hours through and 10 laps ahead of the chapparal...
bob decided he was too lazy to pit 2 times before now and i ended up having red tires and empty tanks
It did create a spectacular scene of a minolta drifting around the ring...

Last edited:
Bob isn't smart eough to gauge how much tire and fuel he has left before pitting in, which is tough luck on the Nurb because the pit trigger is when fuel is like less than 10% or if the tires are orange. Both of which often happen in the middle or so of a lap since the track is so big. It's unfortunately better to start the race in the morning in B-spec and manually force him to pit in whenever needed. That's a long 8-hours to spend.

At least, all of that only if you don't have a car capable of being fast enough to compensate (a lap at 50mph/80kph is pretty much race over however)

Back