24 Hours at Le Mans *full race report to come*

• Thread starter inkyturbo
  • 20 comments
In the next week or two, a couple of friends and I will begin the 24 hours at Circuit de la Sarthe II. One of my friends is "speedsniper2005" on this site. We will post a full report on this thread as soon as we complete the race. But first some facts.

- We are going to use the AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car with a Stage 4 turbo making 1083 hp (I currently do not have any LMP's) The car tops out at 250mph.

- This race will be entirely A-spec!

- There will be three drivers(the third will be listed as "Z" for purposes of the report)

Any comments or suggestions are welcome as we prepare for the race. I will post settings for the CLK-GTR upon request for those wishing to use that car for that race. :cheers:

Nice, and I like the three driver setup like in real life instead of "dude, I'm totally gonna drive all the enduros myself in A-spec and not be a pansy cheater like all you people who don't drive 24 hours straight like in real life. Yo." Good luck driving it when the rigidity goes, but it should be an adventure if nothing else :) Have fun!

Some more information:

-The race will be completed with a DS2 controller

-No pausing(driver changes will occur during pit stops)

-At any given time one driver will be driving, one will note major events for the GTP report, and the last will be resting or sleeping.

More updates will come as we complete planning. :cool:

inkyturbo
In the next week or two, a couple of friends and I will begin the 24 hours at Circuit de la Sarthe II. One of my friends is "speedsniper2005" on this site. We will post a full report on this thread as soon as we complete the race. But first some facts.

- We are going to use the AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car with a Stage 4 turbo making 1083 hp (I currently do not have any LMP's) The car tops out at 250mph.

- This race will be entirely A-spec!

- There will be three drivers(the third will be listed as "Z" for purposes of the report)

Any comments or suggestions are welcome as we prepare for the race. I will post settings for the CLK-GTR upon request for those wishing to use that car for that race. :cheers:

All A-Spec? Good luck in the race. The most time I ever spent on an endurance race was 14 hrs. straight on A spec. 10 hrs on B Spec.(On the Le Sarthe Enduro with the Audi R8, 767hp) Some of the hours I used the DS2, but mostly on the DFP. The DFP is really good at keeping me awake at long races, as it requires a lot of moving, shifting, etc. My goal is to do 24 hrs straight, probably the biggest challenge of my video gaming career, though I doubt I'll be able to. I've managed 14 hrs straight,with some energy drinks, but after 14 I couldnt stay for another 10 hrs lol, I was exhausted. But I will try it again tho. Without the DFP, I would fall asleep during the race with the DS2.

Anyway, Good luck in your race and stay awake lol

We are three crazy dudes that will try anything once....trust me I'm the craziest and the "ringleader" but I think we can pull this one off pretty damn well. Oh yea I'll go buy the YJ Stingers and Red Bulls before we start. I think I'll snap a few screen shots or something....I personally think that we can do it.

JTSnooks
Nice, and I like the three driver setup like in real life instead of "dude, I'm totally gonna drive all the enduros myself in A-spec and not be a pansy cheater like all you people who don't drive 24 hours straight like in real life. Yo." Good luck driving it when the rigidity goes, but it should be an adventure if nothing else :) Have fun!

We're crazy but not stupid....If someone tried that theyre insane in the membrane

To respond to VyPeR, first, congrats on the 14 hours straight. I don't know if I could do that. But the main thing is that there are three drivers. If it came to it, one of us could sleep while the other two are racing and observing. But I think we'll be too hyped up to sleep. But in case our resolve fails I've had B-Spec Bob run a few laps in the GTR. :nervous:

Well anyway I need to take some NyQuil and put my sick ass to sleep. :)

Oh, and Josh? You're not the ringleader. You just come up with the best retarded ideas.... 👍

not a bad idea. im gonna leave B-spec to do all the longer endurances whilst i do housework n stuff. 24 hours on the ps2 is real bad for your health kids :lol:

inkyturbo
To respond to VyPeR, first, congrats on the 14 hours straight. I don't know if I could do that. But the main thing is that there are three drivers. If it came to it, one of us could sleep while the other two are racing and observing. But I think we'll be too hyped up to sleep. But in case our resolve fails I've had B-Spec Bob run a few laps in the GTR. :nervous:

Well anyway I need to take some NyQuil and put my sick ass to sleep. :)

Oh, and Josh? You're not the ringleader. You just come up with the best retarded ideas.... 👍

damn straight yo! and we're sick as it is 24 hours is nothing new...

Our race starts at 3pm PDST. We're going on 1 hour shifts. starting with inkyturbo, me (speedsniper2005) and then Z. So well here we go here is our list of drivers and times:

Time Driver
3pm-4pm Josh (inkyturbo)
4pm-5pm Josh (speedsniper2005)
5pm-6pm Z
6pm-7pm Josh (inkyturbo)
7pm-8pm Josh (speedsniper2005)
8pm-9pm Z
9pm-10pm Josh (inkyturbo)
10pm-11pm Josh (speedsniper2005)
11pm-12am Z
12am-1am Josh (inkyturbo)
1am-2am Josh (speedsniper2005)
2am-3am Z
3am-4am Josh (inkyturbo)
4am-5am Josh (speedsniper2005)
5am-6am Z
6am-7am Josh (inkyturbo)
7am-8am Josh (speedsniper2005)
8am-9am Z
9am-10am Josh (inkyturbo)
10am-11am Josh (speedsniper2005)
11am-12pm Z
12pm-1pm Josh (inkyturbo)
1pm-2pm Josh (speedsniper2005)
2pm-3pm Z

Events all through the night. See Ya!

Well my first shift is over, and we are currently in third. We found out early in the race that racing medium tires only allowed us to pit every three laps. I found out the hard way as we spun and lost our lead. Pitting the first time I changed the tires to hard in the back , but I neglected to refuel. So two laps later I came to refuel. By then we were down by 1.30. By the end of my shift we were on lap 22 and in third.

Well end of hour two. We are currently 5th at 36 laps. The car is still squirly...We pit about every 5 laps or so. The others pit every 8 laps. We are down by almost one whole lap.

Well well, our car settings sucked...Z and I didn't do too well during our trials we ended going a lap down.....we tried to finish up but to no avail. We redid settings and now we have started again the list above is dead now we changed strategies. Lates

Well since the other guys do not know how to drive, we never completed the race. They turned a fifty second lead that I gave them into a lap and a half back. Guess I'll have to B- Spec it.... :banghead:

inkyturbo
Well since the other guys do not know how to drive, we never completed the race. They turned a fifty second lead that I gave them into a lap and a half back. Guess I'll have to B- Spec it.... :banghead:

dude it doesnt help that my gt4 game is scratched and i dont have that car to practice on the circuit. and z doesnt have the experience so we'll try again one day once all of us have ample time to practice. 👍

speedsniper2005
Well well, our car settings sucked...Z and I didn't do too well during our trials we ended going a lap down.....we tried to finish up but to no avail. We redid settings and now we have started again the list above is dead now we changed strategies. Lates

lol, the La Sarthe track isnt really that tough to drive on, it just requires practice. At first, it was tough, but eventually it would be easy to master it. I B Spec'd it for 10 hrs, then for the remainder of the race I went 14 hrs. playing catch up to the 88vc, after my B Spec peformed terribly. But it wasnt so bad, and I had my car settings at default, with 767hp, pitting every 8 laps.

Maybe you should try a diff. car, like the R8, or the C9.

Latest Posts

Back