24 Hours of Dubai 2012

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 335 comments
Don't get why they don't just have a single person manning the controls to the fixed cameras and switching between them on stream. I believe they did this during Le Mans 24h and even had in car cams.

As for the #100 370z, they should get 3rd now at least unless they get hit with more problems. They done well to battle back despite all the problems they've had.

Well the Corvette is out, and the Viper is out, and the Stock Car is out and the GC Automobile car is out. So 4 out of the 7 cars in class are out of the race, that would mean yes, the Gamer Team is guaranteed a podium in class. Let's hope they can make it to the end.

Gamer Team up to 30th overall. Just 7 places away from the 2nd place Mustang. (BTW, the Mustang is the last of the American cars left.)

EDIT: Gamer Team in and out of the pits. Bryan is in the car now.\

EDIT2: Gamer Team is catching up with the Mustang to get a lap back from them. And they're up to 28th overall.

EDIT3: Looks like one of the Audi R8's is having issues. Ran a 4 minute lap time before it came into the pits. The Audi just spent an hour, thirty nine in the pits.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. I mean, Dodge, Ford and Chevy entered cars in the race and guess which one is still running? The Ford.

Mustang is currently on pit road. Reporters are saying it came down pit road slowly.

Edit: Rear differential went out. They're changing it now.

Mustang is currently on pit road. Reporters are saying it came down pit road slowly.

Edit: Rear differential went out. They're changing it now.

I know. I just came back to that after typing that and was like "Oh...nevermind." Let's hope the Gamer Car and get up to second.

Can't believe I missed this!

Joined in way too late, but doesn't matter. It looks like the battle for 3rd place is pretty hot. The BMW of Jorg Muller is cathing the 3rd place Mercedes driven by Kenneth Heyer. Oh, Kenneth is in the pit...

Second place Mercedes is a bit too far to be catched by the BMW.

EDIT: Car #9 has been given a penalty which is a Lamborghini. Wonder what BOP is?

Gamer Team is 6 laps away from 2nd in class now. Looks like the Mustang is dropping down to 2nd. There are only two cars in class out on the track at the moment: The Megane Trophy and the GT Academy #100 370Z.

Gamer Car will be about 5-6 laps behind the Mustang as the Ford comes out of the pits

Yup. The only running car behind them is at lap 190...and the Viper is at lap 421, so....I think they're very comfortably in 3rd and if the Mustang screws up and has another long pitstop, the Gamer Team should pick up 2nd.

I wonder if the Mustang can go to the end on fuel. May not matter anyway, a regular pit stop shouldn't cost them more than 2-3 laps.

Not sure if it applies to SP2 but if it does:

What's the Minimum lap time for the Gamer car? Have they used their jokers?

I think the three American cars (Viper, Mustang and Corvette) are the only ones that have used jokers in the class.

I want to also say, good job to the Gamer Team for staying about 19-25 laps behind the class leader. They've been 19-20 laps behind the Renault for a few hours now. Good job.

My maths say that Jann can complete 532 laps, which means he cannot pass the Megane (17th/1st in class). There's still some A2 and SP3 cars he can pass though, for a mid-twenties finish.

Edit: Another full course code 60, in the last hour!

Last edited:
I'd say that the class leading Megane and 2nd place Mustang are too quick for SP2.

I'm getting really tired now. :sly:

Back