24 Hours of Nurburgring - Completed

• Thread starter GhostBoy
  • 41 comments
Downtownazz
The last journey - 24 Hours of Nurburgring

N%25C3%25BCrburgring%2520Nordschleife.jpg

Hello everybody. Time has come to do the last challenge of the game - the 24 Hours of "Green Hell". Due to unsuccessful attempts to buy Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 from PS Store, I gave up, and bought the Academy Pack Voucher Code from eBay. I got everything, except the HSV. I also had an idea to do this race in a Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car, but unfortunately, car was too slow to compete with Group C/LMP class cars. My last choice was Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car. It handles pretty well, though I can't see what's so special about it. I will be using this car only because it has pretty good chances at winning. Here are my car's settings (Thank you, Praiano)

image_1358075265748897.jpg

I have detuned the car to 615 PP to make it more competetive. But probably there won't be much competition, because there are no R8's in the field.

Starting grid

Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
0791.png

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99
0407.png

Ford GT LM Race Car
0216.png

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
0365.png

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
0946.png

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
0221.png

Nissan GT-R R35 TC (me)

Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car
0367.png

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
0788.png

Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
0056.png

Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09
0053.png

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98
0707.png

Race starts in 100% wet, which means I will use RS/RS tires. Kind of dissapointing because I will be first after 2 or 3 corners. Oh well, better get on to it. I hope to do a 3 hour stint now, and will report back with the results and other various information.

Hours 1-3

Start! It's pouring like crazy, with a bit of fog. I got to 1st place by the first corner, just like I thought. But I didn't care and kept on driving like I usually do. Knowing that it's 100% wet, I expected the car to slide in corners. Actually R35 did a very good job. Although when I brake, the car tends to oversteer a bit, it's not critical, since it's 4WD. First lap - 9:06.779. So my laps in wet conditions are going to be around 8:55-9:05, I thought. On lap 2 I got bored, because my lead was already 1 minute 45 seconds, I started to powerslide through some corners. Nothing dangerous. Then after the big straight I drifted the last corners of Nordschleife into the GP section, when I lost control of the car and crashed into a wall. Well, my first incident during this race, and it's on lap 2. Pretty bad, I must say. The next laps went the similar way, going off the road here and there, but nothing major. Then on lap 5 I lapped Lister Storm, but went to the pits. And I did a very stupid mistake - accidentaly put on Rain tires, which meant I will be going to the pits again on next lap. Lap 6 was a slow lap, because Rain tires had less traction than Racing Softs. Did few spin outs. Went to the pits on lap 6. I changed tires back to Softs, and kept going. I lapped every single car on lap 8, and now I know that on rain Pescarolo, Ford GT and GT-One pit every 4 laps. As I was driving along, I caught a pretty good pace on lap 11. Immediately after I crossed the start line on lap 11, I realised that I was supposed to go to the pits. There was just a little petrol left on the tank, and I thought I'll have to coast to the pits now. Surprisingly, I came to refuel with a gallon left in the tank. Now my strategy was to pit every 6 laps. From then everything went monotonic. I've noticed that night is slowly kicking in, as high beams were making more and more difference when turned on. Now I have a 3 lap lead, and it doesn't look like then rain is gonna stop any time soon - it's pouring down like crazy. If there wasn't a 100% wetness cap, I bet parts of the stage would be under water. :D

Hours 3-7

So far it's been pretty monotonic. I'm just increasing my lead with every lap and that's it. On lap 21 i set a fastest time - 8:46.832. The night was kicking in and it was getting darker with every section. Silhouettes of trees and darkness of the night became the same color few minutes after 6 hours into the race. Now I'm driving in full darkness. The rain hasn't stopped, and it probably won't leave soon. I stopped messing around and am now driving without oversteering. Only corners I let myself fool around are Wehrsaifen and the fist corner of Norschleife. Also the lower HUD with track map are disabled, to make it a bit harder to navigate and to concentrate on the gears. Only 'Time' gadget is left, so I would feel that I'm driving and not watching some video of some guy driving, and pretending to synchronize movements with the video :D. I'm having bad luck controlling oversteering :(. Anyway, my lead is 6 laps, and I'm 48 laps into the race. Can't wait for rain to end and drive some decent laps.

Hours 7-10

Hour 7-8 was done in the morning before school. I have actually enjoyed driving in the rain, but I didn't have much time so I had only 1 hour of driving. It kind of seems that you can't really get enough of gameplay in 1 hour, at least for endurance races. Hours 8-10 were done just a few minutes ago - it's 10 PM where I'm at. Anyway, I came back really exhausted from MMA Practice - coach put a lot of pressure on us today, completely wasted my strength and my hands felt really weak. As I started to do hours 8-10, I immediately felt pain in my arms, so I started holding only the bottom of the wheel, with my elbows on the knees. Now R35 TC was driving in a calm, but accident-proof pace, and that really felt on lap times. They were early 8:50s. But hey, wanna guess if the rain is over? That's right - it's still pouring. I swear IRL cars would be swimming through the race now. One crazy idea came to my head - try to drive with no ABS on on a fully wet track. Well, it's pretty much a disaster and ABS is a lovely thing to have on conditions like mine. As I was lapping traffic, one thing wasn't possible to unnotice. All the cars had their rear right sides smashed - even the leading Pescarolo. They must crash somewhere in the track, but where? Well, that question currently doesn't have an answer. Hours 8-10 were really long because tiredness did its job. 10 hours into the race with 66 laps done and 8 lap lead. Is it interesting? No. I honestly can't wait till the race is over. At least the rain, please, make it go away..!

Hours 10-14

As I got home from school, I did few chores and sit down behind the wheel and started GT5. Damn I love when the car looks like brand now when you resume the race! Anyway I started driving, but my first lap was disastrous. I smashed the front of my R35 TC badly. Then everything else went as usual. After some time driving I decided to finally beat my PB. On lap 80 I beat it by 0.1s and on 81st I did a 8.42:881 lap. That is a fairly good time for a wet lap at night. Soon I was looking for any signs of morning. At Le Mans it was around 12:40 when I saw that the morning is coming, but on Nurburgring it's different. Oh, sorry, I forgot that it's still raining. It's like water diahrrea from the sky. I wonder if it will ever stop during this race. 13:22h into the race and now I can see this "dusk" which is just a half circle of dark grey in a black background. I got distracted by it and spun out :(. Here's what it looks like. And it just keeps changing size in front of my eyes, without any transition. Bad work, PD, bad work. Here's another picture. Also I noticed another bug. Coming out of Karusell on the first right hander my Nissan bumps as if it was something there on the road. It doesn't happen every lap, though it's often. I guess it's a mistake by PD, and hopefully they are aware of that. It's like dropping to a lower point instantly, like a jump, but size of the jump is too small for a car to jump. Anyway, on my 14th hour I am 90 laps into the race with 10 lap lead. I can't believe morning is coming, and now I am pretty confident some day another Nurburgring 24h challenge is waiting for me, but with a lower PP car. Goodnight!

Hours 14-19

Wow. I'm pretty amazed with 5 hours done today, on a school day with MMA Practice. That's a lot, I'd say. Okay uhh... Morning was kicking in and within less than an hour my high beams were turned off. That means that a new day has come. It was still raining, without no hope it will stop. On hour 16 the rain got a little lighter, but still 100% wetness. And I had no hope for the rain to stop. In one side of the track it looked like there are just few drops coming down from the sky, but on the other it was still pouring like always. As hour 16 was coming to an end, I saw an unusual light on the track, the colors were like in the clear and dry weather. I thought that my mind was just playing tricks on me, but after driving two more laps, on 17:12h I've noticed how my wetness indicator went from 100% to 99%. What I was waiting for the whole race, was finally coming to me. I couldn't believe it, but as the grip increased, I felt like this is really the end of rain. On 80% wetness I found a lot of grip, and with this much grip I was gaining a lot of speed, but so did AI. After the pits I managed to do a 9:44 lap. That was amazing, compared to my 10:06s all the time. I did some consecutive laps, with a new one breaking my old PB:
8:37.515
8:30.469
8:20.340
After two more laps I went to pits and put on a fresh set of tires. Wetness was now down to around 45%, and my outlap was 9.18:962. On the next lap I set a new record 8:03.669. Grip was amazing now, and I could really feel the power this R35 had. It went in and out of the corners at amazing speeds, its' handling was perfect. I did a really nice lap. After setting a 8:03 lap, I thought that I might be able to break into a 7:xx lap. Then I attacked Nurburgring in the most precise driving line there was possible. I milked the GT-R on every corner, I squeezed everything out of it, feeling like I could make it. My Nissan showed what a nice beast it was. In the middle of the lap, I saw the wetness indicator rise again. It was on 29% before the rain woke up again. Actually, it was raining the whole time, but the rain was lighter until now. Knowing that this is my only chance, I pushed to the limit. I did no mistakes. As I exited the last corner, my time was 7:55 and then I realised, that the best is not enough... I did a 8:01.458. My only and last chance, and I couldn't make it. With all the sadness I just went on driving, now without pushing. Not so much time has passed, and now the wetness is at 60%. It's rising with every~40 seconds, and the road is already slippery. It was just starting to get fun and it's over again. Scumbag rain... With only 5 hours left I'm on lap 127 with a 13 lap lead. The race is gonna be finished in 2 days. Hopefully the rain will die again during the race. We'll see.

Hours 19-22

I was very busy today so I've only managed to do a 3 hour run. The wetness was 60% when I started and it didn't take long to get to the 100% mark. I wasn't in the racing mood at all today, so these hours were pretty boring for me to do. I felt like a slave of the game. During the race I discovered a huge bug - when cutting the first chicane, if you cut it at the right point, your car will somehow fly, and smash your front badly. That's what happened to me. It just got 'stuck' in the air and next thing I know - it's wrecked. I spent a couple of laps trying to repeat this unusual 'performance' but it just didn't work. Half into 20th hour the rain decided to calm down a bit and the wetness dropped to 90%. Then the rain couldn't decide whether he should stop or not, so the meter showed around 2% difference. And I think I made a mistake and chose Inters during my last visit on the pits. Car was oversteering during harder breaking or going at lower speeds. It also seems that this percentage - around 90%, has affected the AI a lot. They all changed to inters and gained some good speed. I was even losing time to Pescarolo and I only kicked the R10 out of the horizon after 2,5 laps. The track is still slippery, around 86% wet and 144 laps into the race, my lead is 14 laps. Now I feel like a need a break from this track. A break it is, after two more hours.

Hours 22-24

I loaded the game and took out my R35 from the pits in mint condition. You know, they don't save the visual damage when you suspend the game. The rain decided to go back on track, and soon it was 100% wet. I thought that I should do about 160 laps in total. Around 22:59:42 the timer popped up. It's strange how it didn't come up exactly at 23:00:00. Well, doing couple of laps of just lapping the AI, going good, but then something bad happened. It's like something is preventing me from getting this challenge done. My G25's brake pedal started having some problems - when it's braking even though it's not pressed. Well, I took my car to the pits for one last time, just did the 'fix' (push the pedal and just let it go back to it's position freely a couple of times) and waited few minutes. Then I started the race again and the problem was gone. I also wanted to finish the race without having any bruises on the car. Out the pits GT-R goes, and starts its' last attack on the 'Ring. My calculations show that I have to do 3 pre-9:00 laps to get a last lap - 160th - done. Okay, off I go. I managed to cross the line on lap 159 just 30 seconds before timer's end, putting me on lap 60. Now I was driving my "victory lap" - going on low revs, with clutch, not even pushing it. As I was still driving and enjoying my victory, I managed to lap R10 TDI. Oh lord, how tragic AI are in the rain. Few close calls could have ended my urge to finish without a bruise, but I managed to keep the GT-R from rails and what not. 9 minutes past twenty-four hours, the GT-R goes on the last straight and peacefully crosses the finish line. :)

Final results

1. Nissan GT-R R35 TC (me) - 160 laps
2. Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03 - 145 laps - -15 laps
3. Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 - 144 laps - -16 laps
4. Pagani Zonda LM Race Car - 143 laps - -17 laps
5. Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 - 143 laps - -17 laps
6. Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 - 142 laps - -18 laps
7. Ford GT LM Race Car - 141 laps - -19 laps
8. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car - 140 laps - -20 laps
9. Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 - 140 laps - -20 laps
10. Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 - 139 laps - -21 laps
11. Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 - 139 laps - -21 laps
12. Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99 - 131 laps - -29 laps

2pr8e21.jpg

2lbyyol.jpg

Nurburgring 24h was the last challenge for the game, and with it done, my game completion is now 100%. After two long years, with some breaks, I have finally completed the game and I also experienced what endurance racing is. It was extremely long journey, which has come to an end. Next journey is going to be Gran Turismo 6. Thank you all for reading. :)

Last edited:
Good luck mate! Hope to hear back soon! If it starts to dry out you will need to be running around 8min laps to win. Also, what is your tire/fuel strategy?

Good luck mate! Hope to hear back soon! If it starts to dry out you will need to be running around 8min laps to win. Also, what is your tire/fuel strategy?

Thanks! I know. :D I did various tests for a couple of hours before actually starting the race.

Hours 1-3

Start! It's pouring like crazy, with a bit of fog. I got to 1st place by the first corner, just like I thought. But I didn't care and kept on driving like I usually do. Knowing that it's 100% wet, I expected the car to slide in corners. Actually R35 did a very good job. Although when I brake, the car tends to oversteer a bit, it's not critical, since it's 4WD. First lap - 9:06.779. So my laps in wet conditions are going to be around 8:55-9:05, I thought. On lap 2 I got bored, because my lead was already 1 minute 45 seconds, I started to powerslide through some corners. Nothing dangerous. Then after the big straight I drifted the last corners of Nordschleife into the GP section, when I lost control of the car and crashed into a wall. Well, my first incident during this race, and it's on lap 2. Pretty bad, I must say. The next laps went the similar way, going off the road here and there, but nothing major. Then on lap 5 I lapped Lister Storm, but went to the pits. And I did a very stupid mistake - accidentaly put on Rain tires, which meant I will be going to the pits again on next lap. Lap 6 was a slow lap, because Rain tires had less traction than Racing Softs. Did few spin outs. Went to the pits on lap 6. I changed tires back to Softs, and kept going. I lapped every single car on lap 8, and now I know that on rain Pescarolo, Ford GT and GT-One pit every 4 laps. As I was driving along, I caught a pretty good pace on lap 11. Immediately after I crossed the start line on lap 11, I realised that I was supposed to go to the pits. There was just a little petrol left on the tank, and I thought I'll have to coast to the pits now. Surprisingly, I came to refuel with a gallon left in the tank. Now my strategy was to pit every 6 laps. From then everything went monotonic. I've noticed that night is slowly kicking in, as high beams were making more and more difference when turned on. Now I have a 3 lap lead, and it doesn't look like then rain is gonna stop any time soon - it's pouring down like crazy. If there wasn't a 100% wetness cap, I bet parts of the stage would be under water. :D

Hours 3-7

So far it's been pretty monotonic. I'm just increasing my lead with every lap and that's it. On lap 21 i set a fastest time - 8:46.832. The night was kicking in and it was getting darker with every section. Silhouettes of trees and darkness of the night became the same color few minutes after 6 hours into the race. Now I'm driving in full darkness. The rain hasn't stopped, and it probably won't leave soon. I stopped messing around and am now driving without oversteering. Only corners I let myself fool around are Wehrsaifen and the fist corner of Norschleife. Also the lower HUD with track map are disabled, to make it a bit harder to navigate and to concentrate on the gears. Only 'Time' gadget is left, so I would feel that I'm driving and not watching some video of some guy driving, and pretending to synchronize movements with the video :D. I'm having bad luck controlling oversteering :(. Anyway, my lead is 6 laps, and I'm 48 laps into the race. Can't wait for rain to end and drive some decent laps.​

Btw, is anyone reading..?

I am reading! I understand your pain with the rain. The AI are so unbelievably slow in the rain. When I did this race it was dry for the WHOLE race (up to 19h when I quit because of the big update). In the dry they will close the gap on your probably, but if it keeps raining you can cruise to a very easy win 👍

I am reading! I understand your pain with the rain. The AI are so unbelievably slow in the rain. When I did this race it was dry for the WHOLE race (up to 19h when I quit because of the big update). In the dry they will close the gap on your probably, but if it keeps raining you can cruise to a very easy win 👍

I know you are bro, but you might be the only one who's reading... :D I wish it was dry for at least first few hours, so the race wouldn't get uncompetitive and boring instantly. Now I'm really concerned about the Maintenance that's coming on 15th. I hope they don't decide to release any updates, 'cause I will still be racing. :D

Even if it dries up you should still be quick enough, from my experience the Courage C60 is the quickest in the race (it was the 4th quickest in my race), although I didn't have the Nissan 390 GT1 or the Toyota GT-ONE...

Even if it dries up you should still be quick enough, from my experience the Courage C60 is the quickest in the race (it was the 4th quickest in my race), although I didn't have the Nissan 390 GT1 or the Toyota GT-ONE...

I know, which is why I'm having thoughts of doing this race sometime again in a R32 TC. R35 is just too fast. Even with only 615pp.

Nice beginning of your story, homie! Keep it up. I am waiting for the next 7-10 hours of ya race.
I would like to know what time does this race starts, when it's getting dark and at what hour I would see sunrise? I am planning to start this race in a few days either on AUDI R10 TDI or Gran Turismo FORD LM Test Car Prototype.

Nice beginning of your story, homie! Keep it up. I am waiting for the next 7-10 hours of ya race.
I would like to know what time does this race starts, when it's getting dark and at what hour I would see sunrise? I am planning to start this race in a few days either on AUDI R10 TDI or Gran Turismo FORD LM Test Car Prototype.

Thanks! :D not a nice race though. Actual time when the race starts is 4pm. In hour around 6:20 it's completely dark, but the sunset starts a bit into hour 4. Sunrise is around 12:40.
If I knew there would be so much rain for me, I would have gone with R32 TC. Anyway,

Hours 7-10

Hour 7-8 was done in the morning before school. I have actually enjoyed driving in the rain, but I didn't have much time so I had only 1 hour of driving. It kind of seems that you can't really get enough of gameplay in 1 hour, at least for endurance races. Hours 8-10 were done just a few minutes ago - it's 10 PM where I'm at. Anyway, I came back really exhausted from MMA Practice - coach put a lot of pressure on us today, completely wasted my strength and my hands felt really weak. As I started to do hours 8-10, I immediately felt pain in my arms, so I started holding only the bottom of the wheel, with my elbows on the knees. Now R35 TC was driving in a calm, but accident-proof pace, and that really felt on lap times. They were early 8:50s. But hey, wanna guess if the rain is over? That's right - it's still pouring. I swear IRL cars would be swimming through the race now. One crazy idea came to my head - try to drive with no ABS on on a fully wet track. Well, it's pretty much a disaster and ABS is a lovely thing to have on conditions like mine. As I was lapping traffic, one thing wasn't possible to unnotice. All the cars had their rear right sides smashed - even the leading Pescarolo. They must crash somewhere in the track, but where? Well, that question currently doesn't have an answer. Hours 8-10 were really long because tiredness did its job. 10 hours into the race with 66 laps done and 8 lap lead. Is it interesting? No. I honestly can't wait till the race is over. At least the rain, please, make it go away..!​

Last edited:
That is very interesting about the rear damage. Are you sure it's damage and the cars aren't dirty? But that is very interesting...curious to see what comes of that

That is very interesting about the rear damage. Are you sure it's damage and the cars aren't dirty? But that is very interesting...curious to see what comes of that

I am sure. Just to figure out if it's because of possible AI bumping into each other, I followed the Pescarolo for a bit and it also had damaged rear right side. Hmm... No one would bump the leader, right? I mean they wouldn't be fast enough. And it's not me. I wonder how and where.

Hours 10-14

As I got home from school, I did few chores and sit down behind the wheel and started GT5. Damn I love when the car looks like brand now when you resume the race! Anyway I started driving, but my first lap was disastrous. I smashed the front of my R35 TC badly. Then everything else went as usual. After some time driving I decided to finally beat my PB. On lap 80 I beat it by 0.1s and on 81st I did a 8.42:881 lap. That is a fairly good time for a wet lap at night. Soon I was looking for any signs of morning. At Le Mans it was around 12:40 when I saw that the morning is coming, but on Nurburgring it's different. Oh, sorry, I forgot that it's still raining. It's like water diahrrea from the sky. I wonder if it will ever stop during this race. 13:22h into the race and now I can see this "dusk" which is just a half circle of dark grey in a black background. I got distracted by it and spun out :(. Here's what it looks like. And it just keeps changing size in front of my eyes, without any transition. Bad work, PD, bad work. Here's another picture. Also I noticed another bug. Coming out of Karusell on the first right hander my Nissan bumps as if it was something there on the road. It doesn't happen every lap, though it's often. I guess it's a mistake by PD, and hopefully they are aware of that. It's like dropping to a lower point instantly, like a jump, but size of the jump is too small for a car to jump. Anyway, on my 14th hour I am 90 laps into the race with 10 lap lead. I can't believe morning is coming, and now I am pretty confident some day another Nurburgring 24h challenge is waiting for me, but with a lower PP car. Goodnight!​

Hours 14-19

Wow. I'm pretty amazed with 5 hours done today, on a school day with MMA Practice. That's a lot, I'd say. Okay uhh... Morning was kicking in and within less than an hour my high beams were turned off. That means that a new day has come. It was still raining, without no hope it will stop. On hour 16 the rain got a little lighter, but still 100% wetness. And I had no hope for the rain to stop. In one side of the track it looked like there are just few drops coming down from the sky, but on the other it was still pouring like always. As hour 16 was coming to an end, I saw an unusual light on the track, the colors were like in the clear and dry weather. I thought that my mind was just playing tricks on me, but after driving two more laps, on 17:12h I've noticed how my wetness indicator went from 100% to 99%. What I was waiting for the whole race, was finally coming to me. I couldn't believe it, but as the grip increased, I felt like this is really the end of rain. On 80% wetness I found a lot of grip, and with this much grip I was gaining a lot of speed, but so did AI. After the pits I managed to do a 9:44 lap. That was amazing, compared to my 10:06s all the time. I did some consecutive laps, with a new one breaking my old PB:
8:37.515
8:30.469
8:20.340
After two more laps I went to pits and put on a fresh set of tires. Wetness was now down to around 45%, and my outlap was 9.18:962. On the next lap I set a new record 8:03.669. Grip was amazing now, and I could really feel the power this R35 had. It went in and out of the corners at amazing speeds, its' handling was perfect. I did a really nice lap. After setting a 8:03 lap, I thought that I might be able to break into a 7:xx lap. Then I attacked Nurburgring in the most precise driving line there was possible. I milked the GT-R on every corner, I squeezed everything out of it, feeling like I could make it. My Nissan showed what a nice beast it was. In the middle of the lap, I saw the wetness indicator rise again. It was on 29% before the rain woke up again. Actually, it was raining the whole time, but the rain was lighter until now. Knowing that this is my only chance, I pushed to the limit. I did no mistakes. As I exited the last corner, my time was 7:55 and then I realised, that the best is not enough... I did a 8:01.458. My only and last chance, and I couldn't make it. With all the sadness I just went on driving, now without pushing. Not so much time has passed, and now the wetness is at 60%. It's rising with every~40 seconds, and the road is already slippery. It was just starting to get fun and it's over again. Scumbag rain... With only 5 hours left I'm on lap 127 with a 13 lap lead. The race is gonna be finished in 2 days. Hopefully the rain will die again during the race. We'll see.​

Hours 19-22

I was very busy today so I've only managed to do a 3 hour run. The wetness was 60% when I started and it didn't take long to get to the 100% mark. I wasn't in the racing mood at all today, so these hours were pretty boring for me to do. I felt like a slave of the game. During the race I discovered a huge bug - when cutting the first chicane, if you cut it at the right point, your car will somehow fly, and smash your front badly. That's what happened to me. It just got 'stuck' in the air and next thing I know - it's wrecked. I spent a couple of laps trying to repeat this unusual 'performance' but it just didn't work. Half into 20th hour the rain decided to calm down a bit and the wetness dropped to 90%. Then the rain couldn't decide whether he should stop or not, so the meter showed around 2% difference. And I think I made a mistake and chose Inters during my last visit on the pits. Car was oversteering during harder breaking or going at lower speeds. It also seems that this percentage - around 90%, has affected the AI a lot. They all changed to inters and gained some good speed. I was even losing time to Pescarolo and I only kicked the R10 out of the horizon after 2,5 laps. The track is still slippery, around 86% wet and 144 laps into the race, my lead is 14 laps. Now I feel like a need a break from this track. A break it is, after two more hours.​

Looking good so far. Sorry to hear about all the rain, I have just started the 4hr Ring endurance and after 8 laps I'm bored from choosing the wrong car and blitzing the AI, can't imagine having to do 160+laps like that.
Best of luck with the last 2hrs, may they be dry and fast, hopefully.

Looking good so far. Sorry to hear about all the rain, I have just started the 4hr Ring endurance and after 8 laps I'm bored from choosing the wrong car and blitzing the AI, can't imagine having to do 160+laps like that.
Best of luck with the last 2hrs, may they be dry and fast, hopefully.

Thank you! You should do it in a Cusco Impreza GT300. Beautiful handling and beautiful car. And around 300 hp too!

Hours 22-24

I loaded the game and took out my R35 from the pits in mint condition. You know, they don't save the visual damage when you suspend the game. The rain decided to go back on track, and soon it was 100% wet. I thought that I should do about 160 laps in total. Around 22:59:42 the timer popped up. It's strange how it didn't come up exactly at 23:00:00. Well, doing couple of laps of just lapping the AI, going good, but then something bad happened. It's like something is preventing me from getting this challenge done. My G25's brake pedal started having some problems - when it's braking even though it's not pressed. Well, I took my car to the pits for one last time, just did the 'fix' (push the pedal and just let it go back to it's position freely a couple of times) and waited few minutes. Then I started the race again and the problem was gone. I also wanted to finish the race without having any bruises on the car. Out the pits GT-R goes, and starts its' last attack on the 'Ring. My calculations show that I have to do 3 pre-9:00 laps to get a last lap - 160th - done. Okay, off I go. I managed to cross the line on lap 159 just 30 seconds before timer's end, putting me on lap 60. Now I was driving my "victory lap" - going on low revs, with clutch, not even pushing it. As I was still driving and enjoying my victory, I managed to lap R10 TDI. Oh lord, how tragic AI are in the rain. Few close calls could have ended my urge to finish without a bruise, but I managed to keep the GT-R from rails and what not. 9 minutes past twenty-four hours, the GT-R goes on the last straight and peacefully crosses the finish line. :)

2mxesdw.jpg

219xief.jpg

2pr8e21.jpg

2lbyyol.jpg

Good job mate! Congratulations on finishing strong!!

Thank you. :D Wow I need a break from GT now. At least Nurburgring. I can't stand driving around that track anymore. Even though it's awesome, it's just too enough now.

Good write up! However, did you actually enjoy doing this race?

VBR
Good write up! However, did you actually enjoy doing this race?

Thank you! Yes I did, but from hour 19 I realised that I was getting kind of sick of Nurburgring... But I held that feeling in and finished the track. Now I don't want to drive in that track, although it's awesome.

My reaction was better when I finished Le Mans 24h. Even though the track is smaller, I kind of wanted to drive more than 24 hours on that track, but on Nurburgring at the end I had this feeling "yes, it's gonna end soon, enough". :D Maybe it was because the rain disturbing the whole race, I don't know.

Very nice race report.👍
I like the way you write everything down and implement real life breaks from the game and how you think they had effect on your driving. (the MMA training for example!)
Pretty epic moment when GT5 is finished for you!

Back